The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from adamlfs :
EDIT: Well I did have a promo but that was in Jan and didn't take notice of it then. I guess I won't be getting another.

You can, just send a nice email to support. They will send you a code if you ask nicely.
Quote from anttt69 :You can, just send a nice email to support. They will send you a code if you ask nicely.

As sad as that sounds I've done it, take it you have done that before or heard of people doing that?
I used a 3 months for $10 code twice. It had actually already expired the second time but somehow still worked

Edit: so I guess that's a tip: try out expired codes every once in a while!
Any idea when the build notes will be out, tomorrow before the maintenance probably?
At virtualr.net someone commented that the NTM update includes, other than the compound/vulcanization improvements, "higher low speed stiffness." Could anybody quote here what iR staff posted about this?
Quote from carfetish :At virtualr.net someone commented that the NTM update includes, other than the compound/vulcanization improvements, "higher low speed stiffness." Could anybody quote here what iR staff posted about this?

I'm fairly sure it was Eric Hudec that said that. Right enough, he also asked for the members to give him aero data about the HPD and then went in a cream puff when people realised how ridiculous this was, so maybe he talks shit.
Thanks for the tip anttt69.

I contacted support and they said that I had received an email from them with a deal for 3 for 1 if I return. I guess that mail went into my spam box for some reason cause I couldn't find it in my inbox lol

Now signed back up again, will need to work out what I can race in without having to spend massively on content
Quote from adamlfs :Now signed back up again, will need to work out what I can race in without having to spend massively on content

What content do you have and what do you want to race?
Quote from boothy :What content do you have and what do you want to race?

I have a fair bit,

Cars:
C6R
Ford V8
Lotus 79
Radical * not sure if that is now a free car *
Star mazda
Jetta
Willaims FW31

Tracks:
Sebring
Barber
brands
Spa
Infineon
Mid-Ohio
Mosport
Phillip island
Road America
Road Atlanta
Silverstone
VIR
Watkins Glen
Zandvoort

sorry for the massive post. But want to race somthing that doesn't kick my arse and punish badly. I've gone straight into the fix racing league with the C6R and that thing punishes like a b*tch.

I enjoyed racing star mazda but it tank slaps like a random POS.
The only cars worth driving on the road side is the Radical, teh DP, HPD and FW31. Everything else has rear wheels from a shopping trolley.
Quote from AstroBoy :I wish they would release Oran Park already. I mean it was being released what Two years ago? Now they just pick new tracks or more ovals. They clearly dont care about Aussies.

Also:

Week 13 is freaking miserable for those of us who can't access the high-level leagues yet... D license doesn't do much for me

It's just impossible to make any progress on SR whatsoever. There's something seriously wrong with the people who can't even keep a rookie legends car on the track.
4,5 hours to the update,
Im very curious about the Caddy-Lag.
Will be there any update on some existing new tire model or generally on some part of physics?
No-one knows yet, for some shitty reason they don't release build notes before the maintenance like they used to.
Hopefully they'll let us grab the updates during the downtime again.
Quote from Bean0 :Hopefully they'll let us grab the updates during the downtime again.

Attached images
iR.JPG
Quote from Klouczech :

Try again later, I'm pretty sure it was not possible straight away the last couple of times.
500 server error for the past while anyway. I just expect everything to go wrong with iRacing updates, it always does, I'm half expecting it to come back on with no updates and a week delay.
Quote from DeKo :500 server error for the past while anyway. I just expect everything to go wrong with iRacing updates, it always does, I'm half expecting it to come back on with no updates and a week delay.

You're such an optimist!
DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE is back again...
they started allowing you to download the updates while they did the maintenance. I guess they stopped it this build.
You can download now
Only 400mb for me
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG