The online racing simulator
Miller Motorsports Park
(7 posts, started )
Miller Motorsports Park
Just watching the CBS coverage of the ALMS Grand Prix of Utah, taking place at the Miller Motorsports Park near Salt Lake City, Utah. Just curious as to what you guys think of the facilities?

Looks like a pretty nice track, very technical. Some very intriquing sections as well. My only real gripe about the track is that it is so baren. I understand that is the nature of the area, but it looks like a go-kart track. In some areas I'm not even quite sure there are retaining walls. Also, because of the sandy nature of the area, when a car goes off it makes a huge mess as it returns to the racing surface. I suppose it would be very difficult to get some grass to grow though.

If they added retaining walls, and if possible got some foliage to grow I think this could become one of the most exciting and most beautiful tracks in America

[EDIT] The drivers and teams seem to love it too. Long, difficult and fun to drive. Acres and Acres of paved paddock area, which is not crowded. Real Bathrooms in the garages, a top notch clubhouse. Fan friendly as well. Everyone seems to love the track. Methinks Utah has a winner
Dumas stopping at the pitlane exit was bizarre.

Overall, I quite like the track layout but would prefer some elevation changes to mix things up a bit.
i think this track was on gran turismo 2!!!
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :i think this track was on gran turismo 2!!!

That's impossible, seeing as how it was just built this/last year.

Nice vide Hyperactive. Can't tell really from the vid as I don't know the track, but is that the full course or one of the other layouts?
Quote from MAGGOT :That's impossible, seeing as how it was just built this/last year.

Nice vide Hyperactive. Can't tell really from the vid as I don't know the track, but is that the full course or one of the other layouts?

If I recall it right, it is the full course layout. I wouldn't consider that movie anything more than just average. Backround music and speeding it up doesn't really let it show anything but the track profile

EDIT: And before anyone else gets to mention it: Nürburgring!
Quote :Porsche 996 @ Miller Motorsports Park, UT

When it comes to apexes that Porsche driver had more misses than an American air raid...

Miller Motorsports Park
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG