The online racing simulator
The yellow flag discussion
(35 posts, started )

Poll : Yellow flags - should people involved in an accident automatically join the specators

No
Yes
I can see people being careful when seeing yellow flag on track only if the devs add engine damage, detachable wheels and etc. Otherwise nobody gives a sh** about hitting anyone because they'll just drive off.
Quote from Danas :I can see people being careful when seeing yellow flag on track only if the devs add engine damage, detachable wheels and etc. Otherwise nobody gives a sh** about hitting anyone because they'll just drive off.

This is alot of the issue too. Over heating engines due to lack of coolant following a crash would be nice along with the possibility for tape on the front of downforce dependant cars with grille openings.
Quote from Becky Rose :I think the real issue is that LFS is too keen to get the yellow flag out. It's like violence on TV, people are desensitised to it.

This.

If I didn't overtake or just "used caution" every time I saw a yellow flag, I'd NEVER win.
You asked the wrong question maybe?
Quote from CheerioDM :You asked the wrong question maybe?

Much possible. The question / discussion could also be that yellow flags are handed out too easly. But at same time, if people did not drive as maniacs, sliding all over track, most of the yellow flags would not be there
The biggest problem is that there are no real repercussions for ignoring yellow flags and ending up in an incident as a result, unless it's a league where you get whacked upside the head for doing such. A better / real damage model would help the overall situational awareness.

The other problem, is it's just YELLOW FLAG in LFS. It makes no difference. Most times LFS throws a yellow, it would be a yellow (at least if I were the marshal) - but some would be a standing yellow, some would be a waved yellow, some would be a fast-waved single-yellow, and some would be frantically waved double yellows. If there was a system of different types of yellows to indicate severity, that would help.

You wouldn't necessarily slow down for a held / standing yellow, that coudl just be indicating a car slow, but going the right direction on course. A double waved yellow would indicate that there were 2 or more cars actively spinning / wrecking on / near the racing line.

No matter what though, using "Driver should have shift+sed!!!!!!!" is no excuse for your failings to see / heed warnings. You can't shove the responsibility on a system that is suceptible to being delayed by joiners, other spec'ers etc.
Quote from j@tko :lfs does have a tendency of throwing yellow flags for pretty much everything, which is part of the reason why people don't slow down too much. But you were correct in not spectating, i've never understood why people complain when you don't spectate the second you spin

+1
Quote from dekojester :The other problem, is it's just YELLOW FLAG in LFS. It makes no difference. Most times LFS throws a yellow, it would be a yellow (at least if I were the marshal) - but some would be a standing yellow, some would be a waved yellow, some would be a fast-waved single-yellow, and some would be frantically waved double yellows. If there was a system of different types of yellows to indicate severity, that would help.

You wouldn't necessarily slow down for a held / standing yellow, that coudl just be indicating a car slow, but going the right direction on course. A double waved yellow would indicate that there were 2 or more cars actively spinning / wrecking on / near the racing line.

If you anyone is using Airio on their server, be sure to enable the waved yellow flags option, which will add the word "WAVED" above a yellow flag if the car causing the yellow is on the race path.
Quote from boothy :If you anyone is using Airio on their server, be sure to enable the waved yellow flags option, which will add the word "WAVED" above a yellow flag if the car causing the yellow is on the race path.

Well, i hate the AIRIO yellow flag system, because it only shows a message "HUGE CRASH AHEAD!!!!!!" when you already are seeing a "YELLOW FLAG" message from LFS...
Quote from Si Mclaren :Well, i hate the AIRIO yellow flag system, because it only shows a message "HUGE CRASH AHEAD!!!!!!" when you already are seeing a "YELLOW FLAG" message from LFS...

I think that's just on FOX Junkies, which btw is BY FAR the most ANNOYING server in the whole world when it comes to yellow flags. You spin? It spectates you for "security"

The yellow flag discussion
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG