The online racing simulator
whats the point of am and pro then
Quote from Mustangman759 :whats the point of am and pro then

Why should being an am give you a waive through and kick teams out which are faster? It is just one type of cars! It would be like saying that the Rookies in NASCAR are fixed, and kicking out other cars thereby. Immagine a Dale Jr. was not allowed to race, after qualifying bad, with Danica qualifying even worse but regarded as a rookie.
#28 - RLeb
what I think...

- I like that top 30 make the field, no silly rules
- I like that Pro/Am run the same servers
- I like that there is still an overall championship.... as I will simply be ignoring the Pro/Am points.
- I liked the 2011 Pre-Qualifying system and hope it is the same for 2012!
- I like that we run 6 events on 6 different tracks. Variety is nice.
- I LOVE the fact that the competition was hard but clean in 2011.... for the most part anyway

Overall... this is BY MILES my favorite series in LFS.
(hopefully)Last question. Will amateur points be the same points as the overall. Or will amateur points be relative to other amateurs. Ie if your the 1st finishing Amateur you get 1st place points for amateur class rather than your finishing position of say 10th.
#30 - CSF
There will be overall points and class points and potentially drivers points.
Quote from CSF :There will be overall points and class points and potentially drivers points.

I think what he means is how the scoring system works: if it just derives from the overall points, or if Am and Pro class points are given based on the class results.
Quote from TFalke55 :I think what he means is how the scoring system works: if it just derives from the overall points, or if Am and Pro class points are given based on the class results.

Yes, that is what I was asking
Guy's when will be thread about skins fot GT2 ? Everything ( logos etc. ) stays the same as in 2011.
Quote from edgee21 :Guy's when will be thread about skins fot GT2 ? Everything ( logos etc. ) stays the same as in 2011.

Skinkit for this season is already done, it will be posted once the rules are posted.
#35 - CSF
Ok, so having realized that people would be putting all their pr0 drivers on the AM list, we have further come to decide that we will be only allowing 1 pr0 driver to be on the signups list and roster per race for the AM team. This allows for AM drivers in that team to receive the full help they may need in order to race, and it allows for a pr0 driver to still be able to race with them.

We hope this clarifies this potential loop hole.
Will there be a limit for how long the pro driver may drive?
Quote from Framaris :Will there be a limit for how long the pro driver may drive?

There will be limitations which are still to be announced.
How do we know if a driver is pro or am? Should we submit it and then you accept (or not) or are you going to release any driver database?
Quote from MoMo92i :How do we know if a driver is pro or am? Should we submit it and then you accept (or not) or are you going to release any driver database?

You will know as soon as the rulebook is released. If we see any drivers we regard as Pro drivers on an Am team will will make sure that is pointed out. :P
Can we get clarification as the the race lengths of round 2 and 6...in the schedule thread they contradict themselves.

I assume Round 2 is 3 hours, Round 6 is 6 hours
Quote from jmeade :Can we get clarification as the the race lengths of round 2 and 6...in the schedule thread they contradict themselves.

I assume Round 2 is 3 hours, Round 6 is 6 hours

Sorry for that, I've fixed them now. Copypasta + edit of copypasta failage
It's all good, I was kind of looking forward to running a 6 hour race in 3 hours. I was curious how you guys were going to pull that one off. :dopey:

GT2 World Series 2012: Introduction
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG