The online racing simulator
Quote from stan.distortion :The guy says what sort of gaming background he's coming from and gives his first impressions of LFS (that kind of feedback is pure gold to dev's btw). Does he get a 'welcome to LFS, you get used to its quirks', no, he gets an 'RTFM dumbass kid' in response to questions he didn't even ask. Watched a few games get popular just because of a friendly community and watched the same games die a death when the trolls follow the herd, maybe there is some truth in the 'LFS is dying' posts after all.

(Partly) agree, but unrelated.

The RTFM didn't came at the very beginning. It's natural for a new user (well, let's forget the "May 2010") to get confused by a program's interface and settings, and people did gave answers/suggestions. The flame started at #4-5. CMIIW, but I don't see any link bewteen the "gaming background" and what happened next.
Quote from TRKAC :If you really are serious(like some other kids posting here) then you are very very young or just incredibly non educated
i dont want to be rude and say that you are dumb or something,it just looks like you cant even comprehend some basic stuff

And you don't answer the question i asked you I asked you to point out stuff where I acted that you thought I was trolling... That you think that I'm uneducated and stuff, that was obvious and I did not want you to point it out again I wanted you to give me answers, not an opinion you already shared
Quote from TFalke55 :And you don't answer the question i asked you I asked you to point out stuff where I acted that you thought I was trolling... That you think that I'm uneducated and stuff, that was obvious and I did not want you to point it out again I wanted you to give me answers, not an opinion you already shared

You are very very very young kid and do not understand and you are a troll.
Quote from TRKAC :I guess it is hard for you to comprehend what i am talking about.I think i was clear but ok you dont need to worry about all that

Edit: I see, you want them to make the interface simpler.
Quote :...I don't see any link bewteen the "gaming background" and what happened next.

True, my bad. Seems like a troll plague on forums I visit atm but rant over.
Will have a look for favourite setups in GTR2, don't play it much and only got started with setups after playing LFS.

offthread, lot of carnage in the demo servers but some good ones, S1 and S2 servers are much better.

Lots of other stuff in LFS that's not in the menus and shedloads of keyboard shortcuts so the manual's kind of essential, config options are almost endless too.
TRKAC how old are you,its just that you seem to think everyone is a youngster.there are a lot of people who are of an high age that use this sim.

also it seems this guy is a troll himself,have a look at his lfsw stats.Account made in 2010 and done 16 laps- now i dont think it took that long to figure the gears out,,its obviously a racer with another account trying to start debates over a load of nonsense

http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=TRKAC
Quote from bishtop :...
its obviously a racer with another account trying to start debates over a load of nonsense

Was thinking about the same thing. Could be a "trolling trap".
Quote from Keling :Was thinking about the same thing. Could be a "trolling trap".

its a certainty,the account being made in 2010 and posting now about his first impressions also only having done that number of laps.

I never usually say anything bad against anyone on here but i got to say this to TRKAC -- sir you are one dumb person,if you are going to try and start big debates of for no reason then at least think things through,believe me it takes a dumb person to get caught out by me(im not the smartest of people but i am wise)

Fun over now and you can go and learn to race
I can't help but shake my head at OP.

Exhibit A
: an individual would come from such a game renown for it's pre-teen players, (MW3) and call the community of a highly realistic racing simulator kids?

I lol'd

Exhibit B: If you can't grasp simple physics such as unable to turn the car with your front wheels locked up then please go back to NFS.

Exhibit C: You drive auto, nuff' said.

Regards,
Some 12 year old kid who's been playing since he was 4.
Trolls are like bears. If they spot you, play dead. Don't set yourself up to get irritated.
Quote from illstyles :Trolls are like bears. If they spot you, play dead. Don't set yourself up to get irritated.

I think eaten would be closer to the mark when it comes to bears. Faulty analogy?
lol trolls seems to be a little upset

kids -)
Here comes the bear.

Quote from Faultygearbox :I think eaten would be closer to the mark when it comes to bears. Faulty analogy?

no, that was a separate sentence that didn't relate to the previous one, just faulty grammar in the sense I could have wrote it on a new line. But thank you for pointing this out.

Don't feed into it

better now, sir?
Quote from illstyles :no, that was a separate sentence that didn't relate to the previous one, just faulty grammar in the sense I could have wrote it on a new line. But thank you for pointing this out.

Don't feed into it

better now, sir?

But... if it was a completely separate context altogether, then you just stated what to do, not how trolls and bears are alike... Which is usually expected when comparing?
Unless you meant "You avoid trolls as you do with bears - by playing dead". But that you did not say.

Quote from Faultygearbox :But... if it was a completely separate context altogether, then you just stated what to do, not how trolls and bears are alike... Which is usually expected when comparing?
Unless you meant "You avoid trolls as you do with bears - by playing dead". But that you did not say.

Read it again my dear Swedish neighbor. I doubt you read the whole thing, but if that IS the case & you STILL didn't understand, PM me so we can keep the boards clean. Thank you.

:insane:
Quote from bishtop :TRKAC how old are you,its just that you seem to think everyone is a youngster.there are a lot of people who are of an high age that use this sim.

also it seems this guy is a troll himself,have a look at his lfsw stats.Account made in 2010 and done 16 laps- now i dont think it took that long to figure the gears out,,its obviously a racer with another account trying to start debates over a load of nonsense

http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=TRKAC

I have just seen this post,I just skimed responses before since usually there is nothing (smart) to read

And I even forgot when i have made this account. 2010! and i am posting now? in 2012? When I first tried the game i did not like it(I did not even use a gamepad) and playing with a keyboard or a mouse is bad

But i bought a wheel recently and that is why i gave it another try

But i have to say you trolls really are pathetic,or maybe you really are not trolling and are that dumb

My suggestion to you is to pay attention to what part of forum you are and then to read my first post

peace
You call us trolls when in fact if you used your braincells and looked at every post weve made on this forum then you would find that most of our post are always on subject,also i stick with my original conclusion that your someone just on a trolling trap
Quote from TFalke55 :Where was I trolling? And why is it hard to believe that I meant it serious? And by the way, what do you mean by being very young?

What stuff?

Quote from TRKAC :If you really are serious(like some other kids posting here) then you are very very young or just incredibly non educated
i dont want to be rude and say that you are dumb or something,it just looks like you cant even comprehend some basic stuff

peace

Quote from TFalke55 :And you don't answer the question i asked you I asked you to point out stuff where I acted that you thought I was trolling... That you think that I'm uneducated and stuff, that was obvious and I did not want you to point it out again I wanted you to give me answers, not an opinion you already shared

still waiting
Quote from TFalke55 :still waiting

I don't think you'll ever get a direct answer. Instead, he will go around it and call you his son.
Quote from Sobis :I don't think you'll ever get a direct answer. Instead, he will go around it and call you his son.

Yes, even without obvious blood ties, and even if he thinks they're uneducated, he wants to call them his children.

Oh.

He's Jesus.
Quote from illstyles :Read it again my dear Swedish neighbor. I doubt you read the whole thing, but if that IS the case & you STILL didn't understand, PM me so we can keep the boards clean. Thank you.

:insane:

Actually, en ole as ruotsalainen as you seem to suggest, but it goes well with the current streak of not completely accurate phrasings you got going on there.

Nah sorry, I didn't even have an issue with the first thing you said, I just thought, looking at all the comments around yours, that this was the way to discuss things in this thread. :twirl:

If all other trolling was such happy trolling, then things wouldn't be that bad. But maybe some people are born evil?
this is exactly the same as the thread recently where as someone was complaining about the forces view (f key) being a way of cheating and he calls everyone who replies a troll
Quote from bishtop :this is exactly the same as the thread recently where as someone was complaining about the forces view (f key) being a way of cheating and he calls everyone who replies a troll

well... he did not call everyone who replied a troll but a cheater
Quote from bishtop :You call us trolls when in fact if you used your braincells and looked at every post weve made on this forum then you would find that most of our post are always on subject,also i stick with my original conclusion that your someone just on a trolling trap

"we" wow is this a borg forum?

Quote from TFalke55 :still waiting

son,if you aint trolling then you just aint very smart,you just need to read my threads over and over again and then your resons to them

peace

Quote from Sobis :I don't think you'll ever get a direct answer. Instead, he will go around it and call you his son.

lol

Quote from Faultygearbox :Yes, even without obvious blood ties, and even if he thinks they're uneducated, he wants to call them his children.

Oh.

He's Jesus.

I laughed for real

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG