The online racing simulator
F1 2012 - Live Timing on mobile device
Last year, the mobile application on the cells was available for all systems
This year only iEverything users and the Android owner can enjoy
http://www.formula1.com/mobile_services/live_timing.html

I do not like to be discriminated, also if you want to use the mobile application (and a lot fun watching the races as you have access to all times and gaps), invites to a protest

mobile@formula1.com
topic: Live Timing for non iTunes / non Android users
message: Think also about the users of other operating systems available for mobile devices (as it was for last year)
Might be more helpful help if you actually specified what OS you mean in the feedback email.

I have not used that, has the software actually changed from last year? If it has, then pretty self-evident why it has been made first for the most popular OSes.
there are only two other operating systems: symbian and windows mobile

the previous version without much effort can be adapted for the season 2012

of course it would be much better if the other systems came out the same as the version available in the iTunes store and Android
£20? I don't need live F1 timing info that badly.
until last year basic application was for free
but I would be willing to pay 3 € (not more)
25 € is far too much illepall
computer games cost so much ...

Edit:
mobile@formula1.com
topic: Live Timing for non iTunes / non Android users
message: Think also about the users of other operating systems available for mobile devices (as it was for last year), super if the application could afford not only F1 driver
CT?

Edit:
CP
different: 25€
Do they really make you pay for it!? Wow.. Free marketing if it was, but I guess they want their money.. heck, NASCAR even offers live mobile timing for free
I also just assumed it was free, but seeing the price on the Market was :jawdrop:

No 3rd party alternative available? Other than using the web version...
I tried to run on my Nokia C7 Live Timing in a web browser, but it requires at least Java 1.3.1 ...
For me the easiest way would be to move it on simple HTML or a derivative of HTML, and instead of the original page to Live Timing entered at some other site and it would be also compatible with every cell!

anyone on the forum would be able to do this?
That is what I was thinking too but I don't know any page.

Neither works in stock Android browser or in Dolphin HD, obviously.
^ Found! This doesn't need Java: http://formula1livetiming.com

On the page promises to work only on iOS, but tried on Android: Dolphin HD, Opera Mobile, stock browser all OK (stock one loaded it a bit longer though).

Looks handy alternative for desktop use too because you can add a delay to it for better live tv/stream sync.
Quote from deggis :^ Found! This doesn't need Java: http://formula1livetiming.com

On the page promises to work only on iOS, but tried on Android: Dolphin HD, Opera Mobile, stock browser all OK (stock one loaded it a bit longer though).

Looks handy alternative for desktop use too because you can add a delay to it for better live tv/stream sync.

This is great, thanks!
I've got the apk (android only), if anyone is interested, PM me.
^ That's warezing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG