The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :And if so then what I foresaw about people losing money because they thought they were 'investing' will become true.

Hope it's true what Ian says
Attached images
pCARS.jpg
Quote from rediske :here you go - quickly copied & pasted from pcars forum....

Cheers dude

Quote from John5200 :Hope it's true what Ian says

I wouldnt trust anyone with a wookie as avatar
nice graphics, but WTF shift 2 physics? I'm so not buying this. I saw some gameplay and the physics are very bad. no oversteer or counter streering at all. nice graphics, but i have rfactor 2, lfs and iracing now, so no C.A.R.S
I just drove on the new California highway track in an Atom 300 and HOLY SHIT THATS THE MOST FUN I HAVE HAD IN A LONG TIME.

Quote from CodeLyoko1 :nice graphics, but WTF shift 2 physics? I'm so not buying this. I saw some gameplay and the physics are very bad. no oversteer or counter streering at all. nice graphics, but i have rfactor 2, lfs and iracing now, so no C.A.R.S

I hated Shift 1 and Shift 2. But I have to say CARS is much better than those two in the physics department. Much better than rFactor 2 if I have to be honest. I tried rFactor 2 and I have to say I am rather disappointed. The physics engine just feels so odd.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :nice graphics, but WTF shift 2 physics? I'm so not buying this. I saw some gameplay and the physics are very bad. no oversteer or counter streering at all. nice graphics, but i have rfactor 2, lfs and iracing now, so no C.A.R.S

The engine backing the physics is from Shift 2, but the parameters are not the same. From what I understand, the engine itself is actually quite advanced. It just requires the right 1s and 0s to get it to be realistic. It's not quite there, yet, from what I can tell but it's definitely better than a lot of other titles. As far as rF2 is concerned, the only cars I like are the 60s F2 cars. I tried the Meganes and I can't bloody stand them. There's no feel in the FFB and the car behaves oddly. I've yet to try the FRenault or the new GT cars, though.

Insisting that you can tell the physics from gameplay videos is laughable. pCARS isn't perfect, but it's looking promising. Promising enough that I have just upgraded my membership level, which I didn't think I'd be doing.
From what I've seen (after reading the important posts on WDM forum), I understand that we'll still be getting weekly/monthly updates, am I right?

Also, I read something about the road tracks not available to the "poor" guys. Anybody knows what is the minimum toolpack I'd need to have?

I'm thinking about upgrading my junior toolpack or not. Not decided yet
Quote from Whiskey :From what I've seen (after reading the important posts on WDM forum), I understand that we'll still be getting weekly/monthly updates, am I right?

Also, I read something about the road tracks not available to the "poor" guys. Anybody knows what is the minimum toolpack I'd need to have?

I'm thinking about upgrading my junior toolpack or not. Not decided yet

Ian has said that development will continue as it always has, just that they may stop accepting new signups since they will have the funding from whatever merger/absorption/whatever deal they are about to announce. Those who are already involved will remain involved.

As far as the tracks not available to Juniors; the poll resulted in an overwhelming 'yes' from the community, so I guess Juniors will not have access to the two country roads venues. If that's that case, you just need to upgrade to Team Member to get access to them. Beware, though; other tiers are to be given other exclusive content, so don't think popping up one tier will give you access to everything through the whole cycle.
Interesting thing you say there, someone said something about rally, guess that could alos be for full members

Are you sure that with "Team member" I could drive those tracks? I can't find the damn poll now haha (Full member could be an option to assure the price don't go up at the release date)

I really need this, look at the screenshot they posted http://www.wmdportal.com/proje ... try-drive-with-build-179/
I think I want it just to drive that track.
Quote from MAGGOT :The engine backing the physics is from Shift 2, but the parameters are not the same. From what I understand, the engine itself is actually quite advanced. It just requires the right 1s and 0s to get it to be realistic. It's not quite there, yet, from what I can tell but it's definitely better than a lot of other titles. As far as rF2 is concerned, the only cars I like are the 60s F2 cars. I tried the Meganes and I can't bloody stand them. There's no feel in the FFB and the car behaves oddly. I've yet to try the FRenault or the new GT cars, though.

Insisting that you can tell the physics from gameplay videos is laughable. pCARS isn't perfect, but it's looking promising. Promising enough that I have just upgraded my membership level, which I didn't think I'd be doing.

if you see him sliding in the aou rouge and not counter steer at all, then its kind of obvius that its not the most real thing there is
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Much better than rFactor 2 if I have to be honest. I tried rFactor 2 and I have to say I am rather disappointed. The physics engine just feels so odd.

... perchance does your daily commuter vehicle have it's own driver, and 13 other "special" commuters along for the trip?

Quote from MAGGOT :There's no feel in the FFB and the car behaves oddly. I've yet to try the FRenault or the new GT cars, though.

I hate the Megane a little too but I'd never say it drives oddly for the layout & weight of the car, and it's on slicks. The 370Z however - I suggest you give it a shot, I'd like to hear what you have to say. Kind of wish it could be driven on street tires, but it's great the way it is.

The FFB comment however... there's no way we're feeling the same things, rF2 blows iR and LFS and nKP away in terms of FFB and it's not even close. It's like they took everything from all 3 sims and combined it so this has me stumped.
Quote from jrd.racer :I think I want it just to drive that track.

Tried it last night in an Ariel Atom. Best fun i have had in a while.
Anyone having 'centering spring' problems with the latest couple of builds? There's a bit of a discussion going on the pcars forum about that. Something is definitely up.

So many new tracks. It's hard to keep up with all the new content.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :if you see him sliding in the aou rouge and not counter steer at all, then its kind of obvius that its not the most real thing there is

4 wheel drifts? it feels quite natural to me, just the same problem with most sims, the snap back when counter steering feels off.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I hate the Megane a little too but I'd never say it drives oddly for the layout & weight of the car, and it's on slicks. The 370Z however - I suggest you give it a shot, I'd like to hear what you have to say. Kind of wish it could be driven on street tires, but it's great the way it is.

I will when I get a chance, it does look like it'd be fun to flog around.

Quote :The FFB comment however... there's no way we're feeling the same things, rF2 blows iR and LFS and nKP away in terms of FFB and it's not even close. It's like they took everything from all 3 sims and combined it so this has me stumped.

The FFB in the F2 is pretty good (haven't driven the F1 or F3 enough to remember how it was) but the Megane to me felt like rF1. I had no idea, at all, what the car was doing. Not a single force was felt, other than hitting stuff after losing the rear end because I couldn't feel that it was going... I'd like to say it's just a settings issue with the wheel, but why would the F2s feel so nice? I'll have to give it a go again when I have some time, but I didn't like it at first impression.

One thing I noticed last week was that it felt silky smooth compared to CARS. I don't have my wheel settings right in that sim yet, but when I popped into rF2 for a go around Spa it felt so smooth. Almost alien, was weird.
Seems that there won't be changes at all, as they could not agree on the deal with the mysterious investor.

But we should be careful, and watch what happens in the next weeks.
Quote from MAGGOT : but when I popped into rF2 for a go around Spa it felt so smooth. Almost alien, was weird.

Is that in the F1? If so something is wrong, because the wheel almost gets ripped from my hands if I'm not careful (I haven't increased the FFB, that's with defaults)
Yeah in the F1, the holes and everything nearly kills me each time I hit them. I turned down the FFB atlittle because of it actually.
LOL, Phil, exactly. God forbid I drop a wheel or two for a split second if my wife is watching a movie; I quickly get "informed" that the G25 is too loud (a polite STFU for all intents and purposes).
Yeah the G27 is crazy as well. I think it is just how it is.
Time for a proper wheel?

I tried to play it today in the expectation it being fun etc etc, but I just found myself quitting after a minute or two. For starters the options of everything make no sense and the actual driving is even worse. I seem to get no actual feel in the wheel whatsoever and when the wheel is straight it vibrates like mad. Also when I get a little oversteer I don't seem to notice it at all.. Are there some secret settings you have to unlock before you can actually play it, or am I just spoilt with iRacing and rF2?
Bose-

Check out this post in the pCARS forum.

http://forum.wmdportal.com/sho ... amp;viewfull=1#post109202

It seems to be a temp fix for the notchy snapping back to centre feeling in the wheel and the oscillations on the straights. Basically you need to use the ingame menu (press f1) to adjust some ffb parameters down- with a general rule that 10% is a good starting point. (may not work with some cars).

Also, check out the f68- it's probably the best of the cars 'out of the box' atm regarding ffb, as it doesn't suffer from those intense centering forces.
Thanks - I'll got try that.
One thing I don't get about C.A.R.S. How can they possibly be pumping out new content at this rate? We get like new cars/tracks every few weeks. It's amazing!
Alot of the tracks were Shift 2 content,they have been reworked and tweaked but not massively different,the cars on the other hand,well they are new,with rewritten physics,force feedback and lighting plus DX11 support.
Tango

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG