The online racing simulator
2012 Formula 1 Qantas Australian Grand Prix

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/australia_864/
Checkout the 2011 race edit video: http://www.formula1.com/video/

DRS:
Drivers will be able to use DRS on two consecutive straights during the race, leading into turns one and three.

There will be a single detection point for the two zones on the entry to turn 14.

Source: link

Race information:
Circuit Length: 5.303 km
Race Distance: 307.574 km
Number of Laps: 58
Full Throttle: 69%
Brake Wear: Medium/Hard
Downforce Level: High 8/10
Tyre Usage: Medium
Average Speed: 225kph (140mph)

Source: link

Weather:
http://www.autosport.com/f1/weather.html

Timetable:
Fri 16 March 2012
Practice 1 01:30 - 03:00
Practice 2 05:30 - 07:00
Sat 17 March 2012
Practice 3 03:00 - 04:00
Qualifying 06:00
Sun 18 March 2012
Race 06:00

All times in GMT and may be totally wrong

2011 results:
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2011/844/
Lower case thread title makes me want to rip my eyes out of my skull and then eat them in a stew.
Finally! Cant wait.
#4 - Bean0
The map links to last years Brazil GP when clicked

Hopefully it'll be a good race, plenty of unknowns at this point.
Quote from Bean0 :The map links to last years Brazil GP when clicked

Does not. (It was linking to 2011 australian gp)
Predictions? Someone is going to win and a lot of bitching will be involved.
I have my fingers crossed that get the same amounn of Hamilton/Massa incidents as last year

or at least the same amount of flaming.
Kimi to win by over a minute. Hamilton to take out Massa and Button, Vettel to take out Webber.
hm have you guys ever considered the possibilty that hamilton gets paid by ferrari to crash into massa every race so they can avoid another "fernando is faster than you" cluster**** while achieving the same effect?
Here we go again
  • Drift king Kobayashi too set new record by drifting 63% of his qualifying lap and still getting into the top 10.
  • Kimi will possible have a Magnums Ice Cream at some stage.
  • Hamilton will crash, it may be his fault.
  • Button's fluffy beard comes back.......but this time it's ginger.
  • Mark Webber will finish in the podium and constantly eye the jug of juice that is always on the table throughout the whole interview waiting for everyone to leave so he can bathe in the tropical fruity flavor.
  • Vettell will win by 30 seconds.
Quali:

1. Vettel
2. Webber
3. Lewis

Race:

1. Vettel
2. Jensen
3. Alonzo
Saturday 3am start here I come The start of the Formula 1 season is only 5 hours away!!!!!!! :P I cant waitt
I'm going to be at a wedding

How inconsiderate of people to get married on the same day as the start of the F1 season!!!
Quote from djfatrod :I'm going to be at a wedding

How inconsiderate of people to get married on the same day as the start of the F1 season!!!

errr... don't go?
Just checking out the Sky coverage at the moment...any immediate changes from the BBC F1 coverage? Well, Brundle sounds a lot more loud and perky than he did in the BBC or ITV, and I mean perky in that stupid cheesy TV-style. (which shouldn't happen to someone who provides a lot of the expert's POV, EVEN if he turns out to be the main commentator)
The start of the coverage was very similar to the BBC's style, just change the people doing it and it's like you've changed channel!
Only major difference apart from the cheesy jokes is the "Skypad" so far, tho I didn't make out what it really is.

Anything nice to see in the SKY F1 coverage so far? Georgie Thompson.
Sky F1

for all those that are still awake.
Why is Massa so shit?

I think the SkyF1 coverage is fine. Wouldn't say atm if its any better or worse than BBC, they've had a few teething problems and technical sound issues between FOM feed and interviews but it's bound to happen.

@Senninha I don't know what you're on about suggesting Brundle is acting like TV-plastic you obviously are just picking that up from nothing because you dislike Sky.
holy shit, those marussias
boring
Schumi flying.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG