The online racing simulator
Obama Impeachment Bill in US House of Reps.
(65 posts, started )
Sounds like right wing bullshit to me. "Them there communists are out to get ye!" "SHOW YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE!"

It is also funny that the right are accusing Obama of corrupting American politics by only focusing on his own interests not that of the people, you know, like the Reps have never done that. Oh wait, hang on...
Straight up trolling.
Just an example of how childish the US government really is nowadays.
I do believe that the US has/had a thing called a 'constitution' as well as a 'legal' system.

I had thought that Congress was supposed to approve US forces attacking another country, this legal view was held by Prez Barry ( a constitutional law professor ) prior to him becoming Prez,

"In December 2007, before he became president, Obama acknowledged that going to war without a congressional authorization was a violation of the US Constitution.

Obama is quoted as saying, "The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."
http://opinion.globaltimes.cn/ ... -view/2011-05/653147.html

Strangely now this view has done a 180 and now -

Asked again what was the legal basis for U.S. military force, Panetta suggested a NATO coalition or U.N. resolution.
Sessions was dumbfounded by the answer.
“Well, I’m all for having international support, but I’m really baffled by the idea that somehow an international assembly provides a legal basis for the United States military to be deployed in combat,” Sessions said. “They can provide no legal authority. The only legal authority that’s required to deploy the United States military is of the Congress and the president and the law and the Constitution.”
http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/oba ... -in-congress/?cat_orig=us

That to me is serious grounds for impeachment, so I fully expect nothing to actually happen. The US throw out its constitution a while ago and it's just another tinpot dictatorship now.

They can't even have elections without massive vote rigging.
Quote from Racer X NZ :I do believe that the US has/had a thing called a 'constitution' as well as a 'legal' system.

I had thought that Congress was supposed to approve US forces attacking another country

This is more complicated than black and white, however, and the fact of the matter is that this veto has no real potential because of the Constitution.

The president has the ability to execute military actions (including waging something that is, in everything but name, a war) because he is the chief of the executive branch. All he has to do is say that he needs to move troops to uphold US law, because that's what the Executive Branch does. Congress is technically allowed to veto any of these military actions (with a vote 90 days after the actions began) as they see fit under the War Powers Resolution, but have never bothered to because the Supreme Court would never uphold the Congressional decision. If Congress vetoed, the President would take this case straight to the court system, where any honorable Justice will agree that that is a clear violation of Article 1 Section 1 of the Constitution (Separation of Powers) because power to veto the President's military actions would give Congress power over the Legislature and Executive Branch. The President is given absolute power over the armed forces, but that's not to say that Congress can't try and stop him.

What Congress does have the power to do is declare war (in name, not action), raise a military (draft), and control war funding. If they don't want a war, then all they have to do is cut the funding to get the troops back home. Heck, they won't even have to call the incident a war if they vote against declaring war. Admittedly though, cutting funding is quite hard when half the Legislature is sucking up to their party friend, the President.

What ultimately keeps the President from just pushing troops back and forth all over the place for fun is the fact that it would piss off the voters A LOT. It would ruin the party's chances of reelection (I know you can pull out some examples of Presidents making these sort of decisions, but lets remember that we are looking at these events in hindsight with 20-20 vision) which is all that politicians really care about nowadays.

Now as for what Obama said. Is it all that surprising since he went from a Legislative seat (Where they overrode a presidential veto on the War Powers Resolution in the '70s) to the Oval office? Not really, he's a politician. Like all politicians, all he wants is power to push the party agenda. His first position gave him power in the Legislature, his second gave it to him in the Executive. No surprise there. Ultimately it doesn't matter though because, compared to the rest of the Constitution, the rules about who gets to control what when its wartime are pretty straight cut.

Yes, I know you will say this is all proof of a failed political system but honestly, the only uncorrupted Utopian government is run by one person and controls one person (ideally on a deserted island too). Our governments are just us trying to get as close to that one person model as possible.

Side note: OMG I actually learned something in gov last year.

My point is, what does it take to piss the voters off ?
A lot.

40% percent of people don't go to the polls. That and the fact that so many people are completely uneducated/uninterested in government and politics make for a country where it's easy to get away with a lot. Typically, people wait until it's too late (when they start to feel the effects of what is now a law) to voice their opinion.

Case and point, my school budge failed the last year because the nursing home bused over the ~40ish old folk in town and they singlehandedly defeated the budget. 1,200 elligible voters and the results were 97-86. Half the town turned out to the next Board of Ed meeting. All the parents were furious that the budget didn't vote and of course they hadn't voted.
Quote from Rappa Z :A lot.

40% percent of people don't go to the polls. That and the fact that so many people are completely uneducated/uninterested in government and politics make for a country where it's easy to get away with a lot. Typically, people wait until it's too late (when they start to feel the effects of what is now a law) to voice their opinion.

Case and point, my school budge failed the last year because the nursing home bused over the ~40ish old folk in town and they singlehandedly defeated the budget. 1,200 elligible voters and the results were 97-86. Half the town turned out to the next Board of Ed meeting. All the parents were furious that the budget didn't vote and of course they hadn't voted.

I'm afriad this is true. Alot of people use thejurry duty excuse.. most places do that by driver's license anyways

I've never voted, but I'm not old enough yet (October I will be though)

I really do beleive that before any military force will be used congress should vote approval. The US gets involved in far too many things the way that it is now .

Obama should not be impeached though... like I said, the bill is pretty extreme.
I love our country, but fear our government.

What a disgusting group of people.

Sickening...

Let the rest of the world laugh at us some more as politics dig our own grave...

So tired of this "republican" vs "democrat" bull shit. No one cares what's right for the people anymore, only about what's right for their political party and their own best interests...seee-yuh freedom.
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :I love our country, but fear our government.

Sickening...

Let the rest of the world laugh at us some more as politics dig our own grave...

So tired of this "republican" vs "democrat" bull shit. No one cares what's right for the people anymore, only about what's right for their political party and their own best interests...seee-yuh freedom.

Exactly.
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :I love our country, but fear our government.

Sickening...

durp lol
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :...thing is, it's not really funny. it's a serious state of affairs.

geeeeee you think? Not gonna make a difference besides the fact that he won't get reelected... same things will go on...
Quote from Mustangman759 :Not gonna make a difference besides the fact that he won't get reelected.

Don't be so sure about that one.
Agreed.

Sure the economy isn't fixed but Obama hasn't screwed up terribly yet either. As an incumbent, he's going to receive tons of campaign funding while the Republicans keep burning through their funds competing for the party nomination. Sure you don't win automatically because you have more money but it makes a huge difference when your campaign can run ads constantly and the other campaign fizzles out. Example: In 2008 McCain ran out of money in the last 6 weeks, Obama ran his ads unapposed, and edged out a victory. While I doubt many people change their vote based on campaign ads, it's like any commercial where all they're trying to dois get their name out there. All they need to do is plant the idea, you'll water it and let it grow into a vote on your own...

INCEPTION 0_0

Also remember, Reagan tore down the Berlin Wall in 1987, his VP gets ellected President in 1988. Obama may not have torn down a wall, he killed Bin Laden instead (this is all generally speaking, they both had a really rather small part in each incident). I'm sure that we'll be reminded about how much he did to combat the terrorists and how he pulled troops out of Iraq and all that good stuff.
So what is your definition of not screwing up, he got the peace prize !, and thats it for achievements. And most people feel that was a total joke.

What has he achieved for the American public, other than still being more use to his controllers alive than dead ?

Every single election promise has been ignored, US citizens are now able to murdered on some vague accusation from one of your many shadow agencies, your constitution is now a historical joke, it sure doesn't apply now.

If I lived in the US then I certainly couldn't say what I say here as now any form of dissent is illegal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... text=G2fa6829FUAAAAAAAGAA

And now, your military just told congress to get shafted, they no longer take orders from them !
By usual standards thats treason, but does the US Public care, hell no, they think "Thats dandy, where are the corndogs, and wallmart have a sale !"

And whats your Prez's responce, down trou and bend for Israel.

Your unable to have any form of election without massive electoral fraud and vote rigging. Even Ron Paul's had enough. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... dRM8&feature=youtu.be

So, clearly Barry is a shoe in for re-election, provided the controllers want him.

You've got a ponzi scheme running that owing to the 'too big to fail' attitude no one will ever face court charges over. And yet still people in the US sleepwalk their way though life, clearly it's pointless expecting any action to reclaim the concept of a democratic country.

It's interesting to read the reaction of many of you in the US regarding what your countries become, you can see but .........

And theres always a "but", unless people in the US take some action then it's going to get really messy there. But all empires fall so theres nothing different with that. It's just interesting watching an empire disintergrate while the residents watch X Factor and Evangelical TV.

And then theres your media ..........

In an attempt to give a constitutional gloss to this assertion of police-state powers, Holder made the astonishing assertion that “due process and judicial process are not one and the same… The Constitution guarantees due process, not judicial process.”
The speech was in response to pressure on the administration to provide a legal rationale for the targeted killing of three US citizens in Yemen last fall. Anwar al-Alawki, an alleged Al Qaeda leader, was killed in a drone attack along with another US citizen, Samir Khan. Two weeks later, Awlaki’s 16-year-old son, Abdulrahman Alawki, was killed in a separate drone attack.
One would think that such a sweeping and extraordinary speech, asserting the right of the US government to summarily kill its own citizens, would become the focus of political discussion and the topic of heated debate. In fact, the media and the political establishment virtually ignored it. None of the three network news programs mentioned it. Articles in the major newspapers reporting the speech were relegated to the inside pages.
Last Tuesday, the day after Holder’s speech, Obama held his first White House news conference of the year. Not a single reporter asked Obama about the speech or raised the issue of presidential assassinations.
It is a measure of how far the decay of American democracy has progressed that some four decades ago the House Judiciary Committee voted to impeach Richard Nixon for “abuse of power” and “violating the constitutional rights of citizens” by ordering punitive tax audits and illegal wiretaps. Today, when the arrogation of dictatorial powers has reached the point of ordering the extra-judicial murder of citizens, there are not only no calls for impeachment, the issue is not even the subject of debate.
It took the New York Times six days to comment on the attorney general’s speech. What it produced in an editorial published Sunday is a statement raising objections of a minor and procedural character while endorsing Holder’s basic argument and evading any consideration of its immense and ominous constitutional implications.
“A president has a right to order lethal force against conventional enemies during conventional war,” the Times declares, “or against unconventional enemies in unconventional wars.” [Emphasis added]. This is a blanket endorsement of the “war on terror” and the US government’s proclaimed right under that pretext to murder those who run afoul of American imperialist interests.http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=29699
He IS going to get re-elected, and thank god for that, looking at his possible opponents.
Quote :So what is your definition of not screwing up, he got the peace prize !, and thats it for achievements. And most people feel that was a total joke.

He hasn't started a nuclear war yet, which is the sort of thing it takes to get people over here politically active. Even then, they'd only voice their opinion after the nuclear holocaust.

Unless you take a cynical view on these things it's really really depressing.

And Wolf is right, we could have Santorum...
American society is to blame for the issues. Society sees polotics as something poinless and irrelevant. Society is a stronger influence here then it is anywhere else (it seems to be to me even those I've never been else where because it just seems too strong to me, pit of the stomach type feeling). The result is that nobody pays any attention to it. Only those who wish to have control assert themselves to take it so we receive corruption.

Most people vote on personality rather than policy. And the media (of course) controls the public's opinion on their personality. Turns out that control of the media turns into control of the nation because the American people are taught not to care about policy.

It was "cool" to vote for Obama in 2008. Truly it was according to society, and that's why alot of people did vote for him. He's a good speaker and he's a minority. Minority's are cool in American society because we're taught that we need to embrace minoritys in society every day. This was a big reason why he was elected.

By the way, Obama will be re-elected just because of the opponents that he has right now. I likely won't even vote for them as a middle-right winger, but my vote is definitly still up in the air.
Impeach him, he believed Invisible Children and pledged troops to Uganda. Wait a minute, the LRA isn't in Uganda anymore, it spread out to other countries... duh how stupid can we be.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :He IS going to get re-elected, and thank god for that, looking at his possible opponents.

Yeah, it is a bit ridiculous. The more scary part is, there are so many people who will "vote anyone but Obama" that we could end up with one of those numpties in office.
@rappaz obama did not kill bin laden the navy seal who double tapped his head did!
Its sad that people like Santorum get more support then People like Ron Paul.

Everything Ron Paul says is just common sence and seems to not be full of himself, not to mention he actually acknowledges the constitution.
Quote from Cornys :It was "cool" to vote for Obama in 2008. Truly it was according to society, and that's why alot of people did vote for him. He's a good speaker and he's a minority. Minority's are cool in American society because we're taught that we need to embrace minoritys in society every day. This was a big reason why he was elected.

Are you literally retarded?

(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG