The online racing simulator
Logitech f510 steering problems
So, I finally found the "analogue steer smooth" and now I'm able to drive with my controller. In other games, such as GRID, UK Truck Sim, Dirt 3, Dirt 2 the controller works fine (I have to use like 2 or 3% dead zone to keep the car going straight when not doing anything but it's ok), but in LFS the controller just doesn't seem to work right. (screens in att)
So, I've got the steering on the left analogue stick (or whatever it's called) and sometimes when I let it go it doesn't go to the center, but stays a bit to the left or to the right. That deviation isn't shown on the virtual steering gauge, but it affects driving, especially on rwd's, even though it's a small deviation. Any way to sort that out? I've tried both "D" and "X" modes on the controller and calibrating. BTW, a new controller (or wheel) IS NOT an option.
Attached images
lfs_00000018.jpg
lfs_00000019.jpg
Use DXTweak2 to add a permanent deadzone to that axis, then you won't have to add it in GRID and other games.

This way you avoid the problem of LFS not having this setting.
Well I downloaded DXTweak2 and added that dead zone but I can't figure out how to get that dead zone working... I'll try some stuff and let you know if I've done it.
Thanks for the reply.

E: I only thought it was better, but it seems to be worse... :/ Any other solutions?
Anyone?
Quote from matijapkc :So, I finally found the "analogue steer smooth" and now I'm able to drive with my controller. In other games, such as GRID, UK Truck Sim, Dirt 3, Dirt 2 the controller works fine (I have to use like 2 or 3% dead zone to keep the car going straight when not doing anything but it's ok), but in LFS the controller just doesn't seem to work right. (screens in att)
So, I've got the steering on the left analogue stick (or whatever it's called) and sometimes when I let it go it doesn't go to the center, but stay a bit to the left or to the right. That deviation isn't shown on the virtual steering gauge, but it affects driving, especially on rwd's, even though it's a small deviation. Any way to sort that out? I've tried both "D" and "X" modes on the controller and calibrating. BTW, a new controller (or wheel) IS NOT an option.

Just wondering, as I have bought a cheapy little gamepad from amazon and I'd quite like to know how you got it steering smoothly?
Quote from MattsterGT :Just wondering, as I have bought a cheapy little gamepad from amazon and I'd quite like to know how you got it steering smoothly?

Just put the analogue steer smooth to 0,95, it's under the "game" or "misc" options or something like that. It's not as smooth as kb or wheel, but still steers pretty nice.

Any idea for the dead zones?
Well obviously there is something wrong with your controller because you have somehow managed to get your car to float upside down.
-
(hempishemp) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG