The online racing simulator
2012 Fia WTCC
(251 posts, started )
So, V8Supercars search an international Series for their feeder program in Surfers Paradise. Australian media started some roumor that WTCC could team up, as, due to a new tram line crossing the streets of the track, open wheel cars won't get a permit to hit Surfers. Tiago Montairo was quoted that he would love to race there with WTCC, but he would miss the option to race in the 300km races as co-driver in one of the V8-Supercars.

I just found a German article about it and I did not find the article they were quoting, however I like the idea of WTCC racing in Surfers Paradise. What do you think?
Would certainly make more sense than Morocco... Don't know if they can live with not being headliner though...
Quote from bbman :Would certainly make more sense than Morocco... Don't know if they can live with not being headliner though...

They are not headliner in Macao, though.
Quote from TFalke55 :They are not headliner in Macao, though.

They are not? What series is, then?
The FIA Intercontinental Formula 3 Grand Prix is the headliner, the motorcycle race is second on the ladder followed by WTCC and the other support races.
I'd put WTCC on top, some Formula 3............. Who cares. :dopey:
Quote from TFalke55 :The FIA Intercontinental Formula 3 Grand Prix is the headliner, the motorcycle race is second on the ladder followed by WTCC and the other support races.

A bit weird considering that the F3 and the bike race get close to zero media coverage. But of course they have the history that the WTCC event doesn't have

And afterall, riding bikes or open wheelers at Macau requires more balls than a big fat and slow S2000
http://www.racedepartment.com/ ... tes-at-zengo-motorsports/

Kinda extended article about it, good reading + good videos showing how they drive in LFS, Race07, rFactor etc. Shame it's only in their language so I don't understand them, but from my point of view I'm jelly because they do exactly what I wanted to do all my life since I ever won my first V-WTCC race in 07 and got invited for real Brands Hatch event. No money, no funny.
Any live stream for today ? Will they show it on the official site FIAWTCC?
Eurosport 2 covers the qualifying. It will also be streamed in the Eurosport Player, which is with costs.
So we have to searching for illegal Eurosport 2 live stream than
Y u not show practice !!!!!!!

Online stream of Euro Sport 2 .

Tracker

PS: Don't click on any commercial ! Just wait the time of the 15 sek comm. to expire .
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :A bit weird considering that the F3 and the bike race get close to zero media coverage. But of course they have the history that the WTCC event doesn't have

WTCC has a certain history, due to the touringcar world finals, where the best teams and drivers from the different series were participating. Also even though the media coverage over here is improveable (btw the Formula 3 race was shown over here on a regular TV channel) over there, it gets large media coverage.
So... Chevy dominance? Tarquini is the first leader in the championship standings, Chevrolet is the first leader in the manufactor standings... A Seat on pole? Who would have guessed? Still 4 Will get interesting tomorrow!

-Top 10 of Q2 (reversed for Race 2 Starting-Grid)
1. Tarquini (Seat)
2. Muller (Chevrolet)
3. Huff (Chevrolet)
4. Menu (Chevrolet)
5. Rydell (Chevrolet)
6. Coronel (BMW)
7. Oriola (Seat)
8. MacDowell (Chevrolet)
9. Dudukalo (Seat)
10. Michelisz (BMW)
-Also advanced into Q2
11. D'Aste (BMW)
12. Weber (BMW)
-Q1
13. Engstler (BMW)
14. Nash (Ford)
15. Chilton (Ford)
16. Monteiro (Seat TDI)
17. Cerqui (BMW)
18. Di Sabatino
19. Charles (BMW)
20. Bennani (BMW)
21. Barlesi (Seat TDI)
22. Tutumlu (BMW)
- No Time
O'Young (Seat TDI)
Boardman (Seat TDI)
Monje (Seat TDI)

Seat was allowed to reactivate their TDI Diesel for the opening race, to compensate the failure to deliver the new 1,6l gasoline turbo engines.
Is anywhere an option to see the qual afterwards? I missed live streaming and just got back home. Usually I just clicked the red box on the official site of WTCC and it just started playing it, but since 2012 some shitty eurosport player 4,90€/month appears. **** you bitches.
Quote from Mysho :Is anywhere an option to see the qual afterwards? I missed live streaming and just got back home. Usually I just clicked the red box on the official site of WTCC and it just started playing it, but since 2012 some shitty eurosport player 4,90€/month appears. **** you bitches.

There should be something later, when Eurosport News was running on Eurosport 2, usually they show the same summaries which were running during the Eurosport News and/or during Motorsports Weekend. Anyways, it'll only be a summary.
Nice first race so far, Tarquini's tires went away after couple of laps so another win for Muller but also Huff made his way up and Rydell did good job too. 17 yo Oriola first in Yokohama Trophy, nice performance so far. Shame to see one Focus so much behind and another one crashed, though.
The Chevy domination is boring already (even with the +40kg), rather annoying I must say. I don't want another 2011 season. :thumbsdow Oh well, FIA, can't really expect much.

Too bad Tarquini didn't win Race1, I really wanted to see it happening. He is the only one who has chance against the bloody Chevys. Hope the hungarian guys will do better in Race2.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :The Chevy domination is boring already (even with the +40kg), rather annoying I must say. I don't want another 2011 season. :thumbsdow Oh well, FIA, can't really expect much.

Too bad Tarquini didn't win Race1, I really wanted to see it happening. He is the only one who has chance against the bloody Chevys. Hope the hungarian guys will do better in Race2.

I think they're not so fast this season, it's just Seat and its tires are away after couple of laps every time. Tarquini had better top speed but was incredibly slow when being in technical part of track + did some mistakes which cost him even more from his tires imo. I think Race2 won't be the same, hopefully. From what I know Michelisz will fight hell of a lot more than Tarquini, starting from P1.
Quote from Mysho :I think they're not so fast this season

:rolleyes:

This is just ridiculous. I wonder what happened to Michelisz, he did an amazing job until he fell back.
After he hit the pigeon he started to lose speed, maybe radiator damage?

Anyway i think if the chevy's can affort to take eachother out and still come out 1-2-3 it's fair to say the balance is not right, good job FIA!

Nice race to watch though.
Was a pleasant race to watch. However, I have to agree with Ramon, the field is not fair.
Quote from ChristijaNL :Anyway i think if the chevy's can affort to take eachother out and still come out 1-2-3 it's fair to say the balance is not right, good job FIA!

Chevy and Ford are the only manufactor building a new car for this rules. While Ford has the problems as they are a brand new manufactor. The SEATs are acutally on equal pace with the Chevys, however, they have had only two petrol cars this round driven by Oriola and Tarquini as SEAT was not able to deliver more petrol engines. BMW is running purely private campaings, half-hearted support, as BMW is now in DTM.

But Tarquini chrashed out and Oriola started from the back.

2012 Fia WTCC
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG