The online racing simulator
Kony 2012
(53 posts, started )
Quote from MattsterGT :Well-I'm organising a bunch to go on the Derby run meeting under the fountain by the walkabout pub. Seeing if we can go ahead.

http://i40.tinypic.com/zoajig.jpg
Printing 500 of them (no money given to invisible children-collecting for that.

your everyday meal must look like this
In west uganda, born n raised,
on the battlefield is where i spent most of my days.
Chillin' out, maxin'.reloadin' all cool
and taking some niglets out of their school

when a couple of liberals started making me fret
started making trouble on the internet
they started one campaign and my men got demanded
they said you're movin' with your kids to a barracks in sudan

i whistled for a vehicle and when it came near
it was a school bus with a bunch of armed kids in the rear
if anything i could say this bus was rare
but i thought nah forget it , yo kids we're outta here

i pulled up in the sudan bout 7 or 8
and i yelled to museveni 'umad smell you later'
looked at my army composed of all of my homies
to sit at my throne cos i'm joseph ****in kony
Thank you TV 2 for those replays.

That was awesome !!!

Invisible Children, them wot made the vid.

Income 13 mil
Total spent on aid, ( being generous ! ) 8 mil

Spent on vid,expenses, cars, travel etc, 5 mil .................
Maybe the Chinese will use their influence in Africa to bring stability and end tribal warfare. Optimism is free so I'm not going to donate.
If there's anyone giving money to this KONY2012 shit, then you really need a reality check. Think about where your money is going to, if there's multiple reasons why you should not be giving your money away this KONY2012 project ticks off all of them.

CHILDREN die everyday, no ammount of money will stop it. the whole world could give all it's money to Africa, there will still be kids dying from disease and hunger. In a way it's a combined form of arrogance and ignorance to believe you can make a difference with a less than billion figure input of money.

Also in relation to the video I find it kind of sick that he sits down infront of his son telling him the harsh reality of life for others at the age of 6 or w/e I just find it irresponsible. A child of 6 should not be thinking about others facing imminent danger and horrific violence in another continent, and the fact he makes money personally from the campaign just makes it even more sick.
Quote from BlueFlame :ICHILDREN die everyday, no ammount of money will stop it.

Invisible Children do not give money to saving children. The only money they pump in to Africa - which is quite limited - goes in to funding the Ugandan army.

They claim this is because the Ugandan army is uniquely positioned to hunt Kony down.

Even though Kony isn't in Uganda, and hasn't even visited it for over half a decade.

Invisible Children - the group behind Kony 2012 - is a violence advocacy group, funding one African warlord in order to hunt down another.

There are many cases of rape and violence against civilians by the Ugandan army.

Most of their £8m/year budget however never even gets as far as Africa, it is spent on wine and dines with celebrities, film making, and "wages".
Quote from Becky Rose :Invisible Children do not give money to saving children. The only money they pump in to Africa - which is quite limited - goes in to funding the Ugandan army.

They claim this is because the Ugandan army is uniquely positioned to hunt Kony down.

Even though Kony isn't in Uganda, and hasn't even visited it for over half a decade.

Invisible Children - the group behind Kony 2012 - is a violence advocacy group, funding one African warlord in order to hunt down another.

There are many cases of rape and violence against civilians by the Ugandan army.

Most of their £8m/year budget however never even gets as far as Africa, it is spent on wine and dines with celebrities, film making, and "wages".

Just goes to show that you can promote anything if the 'right/wrong' people get to watch it. So many people going around saying KONY2012 and they know nothing about it. Irony, cos where I put my money I make damn sure I know where it's going. Obviously the majority of people don't care.
Kony Bryant.
Attached images
Kony+Bryant.+oh+lawd_822caf_3430086.jpg
Hague tribunal searches for him since 2005. No big rush.

Uganda finds oil in their country.

Americans create tearful video about some "monster" and everyone cares/shares/retweets/ some shitty propaganda to have a reason to send troops to Uganda, who would kill/exploit/torture even more people and kids than Kony did himself.

-
(Speed Senna) DELETED by Speed Senna
Quote from TexasLTU :Hague tribunal searches for him since 2005. No big rush.

Uganda finds oil in their country.

Americans create tearful video about some "monster" and everyone cares/shares/retweets/ some shitty propaganda to have a reason to send troops to Uganda, who would kill/exploit/torture even more people and kids than Kony did himself.

They've been there for a while strangely enough.

"On Friday morning, a spokesperson from the state department said there are no plans to pull US military personnel out the region where Kony and his forces have done so much damage.
While millions of people across the world had not given much, if any, thought to Uganda or Joseph Kony and the Lord's Resistance Army before this week, Ugandans, human rights workers and certainly the US military have been interested in central Africa for decades.
Approximately 100 combat-equipped troops culled from US special operations forces were sent to central Africa in October of last year. President Obama, in a letter to Congress, wrote that the deployment was "in the national security and foreign policy interests of the United States."

"On Wednesday, Angelo Izama, an award-winning Ugandan journalist who specializes in security issues in central Africa, said the US is running a "multi-country intervention with a small number of troops" with a mission that isn't entirely humanitarian in nature.
Izama argues that there's a key natural resource component to the Uganda story that the Kony 2012 campaign has failed to address: in 2009, significant oil deposits were discovered near Uganda's border with DR Congo.
"For Uganda to exploit oil on that border region, it has to run a very large security operation," Izama explained. "If you're planning to be a competing influence in Africa, there are few places where you can have a real staging ground. Central Africa – particularly that area of Congo, Uganda and the Great Lakes region – that is where you ought to be operating."
"It's strategic in terms of its geography, and strategic in terms of its future economic opportunities," he added. "This US operation, in a sense, is really a down payment on the influence it intends to protect."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worl ... ment-uganda?newsfeed=true

Still, it's clear the State Dept felt that some propoganda was called for, so I'd expect a major increase in US/Nata forces in the immediate future.
While Kony is a very nasty fellow (I've known about the LRA/Ugandan conflict from many years ago), those who are supporting or want to support, the KONY2012 campaign need to remember:

1. Kony's LRA is no longer active in Uganda, and has not been since 2006.

2. The Ugandan government also carries out murders, abductions, mass rapes, and similar atrocities as the LRA.

Social media is great... until millions of people become misled by a Sesame Street version of an extremely complex civil conflict.
Meme dump

Hahahahaha!!!
#49 - JJ72
Just realized what this is. I thought it was some sort of election campaign.
#50 - CSF

Kony 2012
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG