The online racing simulator
Mass Effect 3 [CONTAINS SPOILERS]
(38 posts, started )
#1 - BAMBO
Well I searched the forums for a mass effect 3 thread and noticed that there wasn't any. Just got the game today, downloading and installing went smooth but then something far more cruel happened. It seems that it doesn't want to read my MS2 import save. So I'm pretty much stuck here as I really don't like to start with a standard shep
-
(Nadeo4441) DELETED by Nadeo4441
been playing it for 3-4 hours by now...started with female at first, quickly realised that role is not suitable for female, restarted the game...seems as awesome as 2nd was!
Female not suitable for female? U mean male?
Do I go play Mass Effect 1 and 2 or no?
Because if so I should start soon.
I am currently working my way up to F.3.A.R.
and Bioshock 2. I quit in the beginning of Bioshock because I lost
interest quick but I will pick it back up soon.
I recently felt like I was missing out on a good
game because of all the hype for 3.
ME1 was great but the omni-gel actions were annoying. What i hated about ME2 was tho (beside some other little changes), NO MAKO

I loved the expeditions to new, undiscovered planet (although they were a bit dull) I dont see the reason why they took out the Mako completely. The Normandy 2 was so much bigger, it wouldn't have hurt to spare a little spot to take it on the journey.

PS. it would make more sense to play 1and2 since its a trilogy and you can carry your avatar through all titles incld the desicions you made
Quote from Mustangman759 :Female not suitable for female? U mean male?

I think what he means is stuff like Shep holding a closing door open for Anderson... One would think a strong captain lie anderson could do that on his own xD
Quote from JazzOn :

I think what he means is stuff like Shep holding a closing door open for Anderson... One would think a strong captain lie anderson could do that on his own xD

Yep, female Shepard character seemed a bit too manly (walk, attitude, actions).
Did anyone else find ME2 was basically three very simplistic gameplay elements glued together into one, larger, bore-fest?

A friend recommended it to me but it's now in the pile of games I couldn't force myself to finish.
#9 - Mysho
Quote from thisnameistaken :Did anyone else find ME2 was basically three very simplistic gameplay elements glued together into one, larger, bore-fest?

A friend recommended it to me but it's now in the pile of games I couldn't force myself to finish.

I had my period when playing ME1 but after some months I finished it and it literally got into every piece of myself, so that ME2 had to be ninja gaming and quest by quest for me. Dunno how it's going to be with ME3, waiting till I will have no deadlines, otherwise I would finish pretty bad.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Did anyone else find ME2 was basically three very simplistic gameplay elements glued together into one, larger, bore-fest?

signed.

One of the things i find stupid was the probing. While it was fun to find the crash site of teh normandy (why couldnt i take the Mako with me... whyyyyyyyyyy), doing all this researching is job of one of the many crewmembers. The capatain does teh arse kicking and makes important decisions
I'm 13 hours into the story now. I'm really stunned by the script, it feels like proper ending to a trilogy, like LotR3 or SW:Ep6. It keeps me glued to the chair, awaiting more twists and final turnout of my actions.

I had to eliminate one small problem thoug - the amount of shooting, which started to bore me, so i switched to Narrative difficulty.

Also graphics (face mimics) are a bit of moodkiller, because you have great story, good voice acting and then you run across terrified/shot/whatnot people, who talk to you with their brilliant poker faces. It's been like that since ME1. Looks like in their space and time, they don't use facial muscles.
#12 - JJ72
I think it is brilliant they tie all missions into a galaxy readiness/ war asset system, I don't remember a game that ties personal adventure and the big picture this well.

Just annoyed by how resourceful Cerberus is...how'd they afford all these attacks? get off my back already!
Long fanboy rant ahead

So I just finished the game yesterday night (or should I say very early this morning) and to be frank...I feel disappointed. This trilogy has been of epic proportions with a capital E. The storyline, the characters and their evolution, the Universe and the entire lore are unlike any other done in a game before. I might just be a fanboy when I say this but I have always praised it as being the defining sci-fi opera of our times as was Star Wars back in its days. It could have been a defining moment in history, one that might make people realize that a video game is a veritable art medium. But then I reached the end...It just seems it gave all of that away in the last 5 minutes.

I won't give any spoilers. The ending has plot holes, errors in continuity, is vague and most importantly doesn't offer any closure.

The following might contain semi-spoilers. I believe the reason for this is the same reason for how they handled Tali's face reveal. It was rubbish, superficial and awkward at most. I realize some might have issues with how she looks but what bothers me is how they handled it. They showed it for less than 10 seconds through the use of an edited 2d picture. It's extremely frustrating when the proper way to have done it is so damn obvious. When Sheppard and Tali were both sitting next to each other on the retaken quarian homeworld, Tali could have said something meaningful while taking off her mask and then end with a powerful phrase about regaining her home, at the same time turning towards the camera to finally reveal her face. Instead, in the respective scene, Tali pulled a Master Chief.

Now I don't believe they handled this due to graphical limitations, they've done far more complex things with the engine. To me it shows a lack of time in making decisions, further backed up by the fact that they postponed the release date. This also explains the bad dialogue at the end between (SPOILER ALERT) Sheppard, The Illusive Man and Anderson as well as the endings themselves. (SPOILER ALERT)

BUT and there is a major "but" to everything I've written above, two of the three possible endings (SPOILER ALERT) are cliffhangers that show Sheppard under a rubble starting to breath which might indicate that the endings were just a figment of Sheppard's imagination resulted from Harbinger trying to indoctrinate him. So the true ending might take place in a DLC. I personally hope that this is the case.

Sorry for the long rant.
Spoilers ahead in entire post:

Bambo: I've finished it yesterday, after 19+ hours of action, which itself jusitifies any price they would bang on it.
Initially, i've felt satisfied with the ending, because one day before, i've watched the 2001 and it had some kind of reminiscence of it, also if i thought about it outside the box, it has wide impact on our real world. If this was their goal, it might succeed.

But then there are those mentioned plotholes and all kind of nonsense. From that point of view it's epic fail and after all hours, i've spent building my Shepard to my own liking, i think the only satisfactory ending is burn the earth, let Sheppard die, delete the game from disc and write ragemail to BioEA, if they are serious.

The most "funny" part was the epilogue after ending titles and movie, where they say, you can build your legend further more through DLC's, well f... you.
Exactly. The ending is probably made that way to give room to endless amounts of DLC packs and further ways to make money...
Reading at what you guys said, i am better off playing ME1,2 while waiting for the DLCs for ME3...

I am watching some dude's playthrough on youtube though.. that is because i want to know something of the story.. its like playing but not really... ( yes i do have that much time to waste... ****ing school is on strike... )
FIRST OFF WARNING: FULL POST SPOILER ALERT!

Ok, I have done some further research into this and I'm starting to think that Bioware might just employ one of the greatest and bravest marketing schemes I've seen. Mike Gamble tweeted "If you know what we were planning I'd hold on to my copy of ME3". Then I noticed that the game makes a very convenient autosave just before the citadel scene. What is interesting is that the save is completely seperate from the single self overriding autosave you get throughout the game, it stays there permanently. So it insures that if need be, you could go back and choose a different option to "continue" the game if a part would be latter added to it.

Adding to this, during the discussion between Sheppard, TIM and Anderson, we notice black mist, which might be a visual representation of indoctrination, whenever TIM mentions controlling the reapers and the benefits aka giving false hope seeing as they can't really be controlled and thus allowing them to terminate the cycle unchallenged. So the theory about all of it taking place in Sheppard's head is enforced. Even more so when you think that the scene up to the beam features slow motion, a trait shared only by the other dream sequences in the game. The pistol with infinite clips also suggests that it is all a dream

And then there is the child entity. I just realized that only Sheppard has contact with him. When Sheppard meets him for the first time he suggests getting the child to safety. The child replies with a cryptic "you can't help me" statement which is quite peculiar seeing as he's a 6-8 year old. He disappears when Anderson tells Sheppard to get a move on. Getting into the shuttle, no one helps him in, he struggles to climb in himself. Soldiers, who are trained to help others before themselves, are just standing there oblivious as this kid climbs in. Nobody else seems to react to or notice him except Shepard.

During the ending, the child presents the option of controlling the Reapers as a better alternative to destroying them seeing as the later option would also destroy the geth. This more or less is a contradiction of the grey presentations that show Anderson (who represents the paragon) choosing to destroy while TIM (representation of renegade) choosing to control. Seeing as indoctrination failed during the conversation with TIM (remember the black mist) this might be the Reapers attempting to have Sheppard auto-indoctrinate himself by making him believe that the best option is to control the reapers (remember that not more then 5 minutes sooner, TIM presented the same option to which Sheppard reply that the humans can't control them and that they'd be controlled by the Reapers). So if you go past the child's indirect suggestion, choosing to destroy the reapers is the only option that sees the commander waking up under a rubble on Earth.

Leaving the "true" ending to be shown later is not something new. A few movies have done it in the past to assure that there wouldn't be any spoilers for those living in a zone in which the release date is put latter. Remember that release in Japan is on the 15th of March.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed until then. If I'm right, I'll applaud Bioware for a very ingenious marketing strategy as soon as I'm done calling them CAPITAL ASSHOLES......JUST ASSHOLES for toying with my emotions like that I cried at the end you know
I think this forum could have Spoiler tags added for more comfort.

So, more of spoilers ahead.

Bambo, from what you're suggesting, i have only one reasonable explanation.

From the point, where they've hit the Earth in the beginning, knocking Shepard out, it's all dream. I don't know, what is going to happen with the game, but all of it now seems like wasted opportunity, which left lots of people pissed.

Let's hope they will fix it somehow, but it won't be the right thing anymore, like if they'd simply did the game properly, which should be normal (sadly marketing kicks in more and more everywhere, so it isn't normal anymore).
I don't think that your idea that most of the game is a dream from when Sheppard was initially blasted away during the tribunal is valid. It has no evidence and I'm more then sure that the writers wouldn't employ the "it was all a dream" gimmick because it just wouldn't work.

We should also remember EA's part in this. The company is known for trying to squeeze the biggest profit it can. Look at the From Ashes DLC. They claim they've made Javik very late into the development yet the leaked scrip shows that he was planned from the beginning, a notion backed up by the fact that he has interactions with the rest of the crew. So they just pulled him out at the end and released him as extra.

For all we know, this might be EA's plan to get an even bigger payout from another DLC. If this is the case, I'm utterly disgusted by their actions but also impressed at the sheer Machiavellian business plan that it is. They know the majority will purchase it.

But as said earlier, Asia is getting the game at a later date than the rest of us. I still think that Bioware will allow the "true" ending for free download after the final release date so as to prevent datamining or any spoilers.
Jesus, you guys are spoiling as hell. I must avoid this thread by a huuge footstep.
I hope that Shepard's mind was being manipulated by Harbringer to let them live, instead of destroying them. (Shepard only lives in the destroy choice at the end and he wakes up in London, not on the destroyed citadel)
Oh my sacchariferous supernatural deity in which I deem to be credulous enough to believe in! A fellow escapist reader? I thought the likes of us were too up-nosed to hang around the LFS forum
Quote from BAMBO :Oh my sacchariferous supernatural deity in which I deem to be credulous enough to believe in! A fellow escapist reader? I thought the likes of us were too up-nosed to hang around the LFS forum

I'm not reading it. Just stumbled upon this one randomly. Funny and maybe a bit of truth in it.

(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG