The online racing simulator
#27 - IMOL
Quote from Speed Senna :My suggestion is that the qualifying will be held by 1 lap hotlapping ...?

To be honest i am for that idea... It would stop people doing that tire heating shit or anything else ... Smth that i dont like personally quite much
#28 - CSF
Can't think of an occasion anyone did that last season with the current style of qualifying. There just isn't really the time.
F1 style qualy was quite good, also I prefer the second schedule atm. Really happy to see that coming soon
id prefer IGTC or something back, rather than this take its place. we need GT1 action.
#32 - CSF
Then go to IGTC and ask when it's coming back...
IGTC is taking a break this year.
Quote from xtraction :id prefer IGTC or something back, rather than this take its place. we need GT1 action.

You could've drove a whole season in the SuperGT GT5 class. Why didn't you?
Quote from Kristi :You could've drove a whole season in the SuperGT GT5 class. Why didn't you?

Because the GT5 driver we had at the start of the season turned his nose up at driving with anyone in the team.

Rest of the time he was driving with us in GT300 anyway. I think what Sean means is GT1 single class racing rather than multi-class.
I have a suggestion, a pool B server for teams that get deferred or don't make the other qualification. It could be caution free or something and rather than giving everyone below position 30 0 points, they can participate in Pool B and earn points from 31st- 60th position. You would obviously have to adjust the points system to accomodate that, but atleast it gives teams the oppurtunity to score points even if they don't make the primary race. Also I wouldn't mind the races to be on fridays at around 4pm USA eastern time, not sure how that converts.
Quote from vipex123 :Because the GT5 driver we had at the start of the season turned his nose up at driving with anyone in the team.

Rest of the time he was driving with us in GT300 anyway. I think what Sean means is GT1 single class racing rather than multi-class.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=78439 Where is the problem?
Quote from Bmxtwins :I have a suggestion, a pool B server for teams that get deferred or don't make the other qualification. It could be caution free or something and rather than giving everyone below position 30 0 points, they can participate in Pool B and earn points from 31st- 60th position. You would obviously have to adjust the points system to accomodate that, but atleast it gives teams the oppurtunity to score points even if they don't make the primary race. Also I wouldn't mind the races to be on fridays at around 4pm USA eastern time, not sure how that converts.

Participating in CityLiga, I see how much additional admin work a second grid would mean. Even making it "caution free" would not help the fact, that there still need to be admins around to decide on protests during the race. Personally I dislike the idea of having a league running two different rulebooks for one championship, which is against my idea of a sport event.

Apart of that, I doubt we will see that many teams sign up. If you followed the participation numbers of SuperGT for example, towards the end of the season there was no team which did not qualify for the races. In last year's GT2WS we had 39 teams scoring points throughout the season. A second grid would require more then that some 50 teams which participate, not just 60 sign-ups of which 25 are no-showers

4pm Eastern DST is 20 UTC, 21 British/Portuguese, 22 Continental Europe , 23 Eastern Europe... well sleep is overrated
Well then you could do the heat races, and teams that atleast attempted to race in could receive a points. Otherwise it is very discouraging. Not sure your point about time zones :P there have been races that have started at 8 in the morning my time, 8 at night is nothing.
Btw that should be hard to schedule a 3-6hrs race and a quali heat race at the same day. Unlike SGTS, this is endu so 30mins race isn't relevant. Ofc it would be funnier to have a race but that should be at least 1hr race.

Note that it still should be possible to plan such a race on thursday and quali on friday but a race week end will be three day long which is quite a lot.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Well then you could do the heat races, and teams that atleast attempted to race in could receive a points. Otherwise it is very discouraging. Not sure your point about time zones :P there have been races that have started at 8 in the morning my time, 8 at night is nothing.

Other question, do you really want to race with sleepy Europeans, who have a some seconds of napping during their stints For East Europeans (all people from Finland, the Baltics, and so on) the races would finish at 2 a.m. or 5 a.m. Saturday races have the advantage that they are doable for everyone, as every place around this sphere is in weekend.
Hehe i wouldn't get last atleast
Yeah please don't do heat races as that isn't for endurance series at all. Either do pre-qual for each round with no locked in teams, or just do IGTC style waiting list.
#46 - CSF
It is probably going to be lock in of 10 pre q.
I just noticed that qualifying is on a friday at 3PM my time. Is there any chance that we can show up late to this as I get home from school at 3:10 ish
Since it is the F1-styled Qualifying you can get into the server until 19:18 UTC, as you don't have enough time otherwise. Don't you have any teammate who can do qualifying?
#49 - CSF
Yep, you can do that if you can't find someone else to Q for you Ray. Q1 = 20 minutes, so you'd still have 10 to go.
I think Quali was too short, F1 style dont work in GT2, in my opinion admins should do quali like in real GT Masters or GT 3 where quali is much longer, or maybe smth like le mans. I think best time to quali is 40-50 or 50-60 minutes

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG