The online racing simulator
Forza Motorsport 4
(463 posts, started )
Quote from beefyman666 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... U-OI&feature=youtu.be

S1 Quattro and 787B at long last! :woohoo:

Oh man, I started playing Forza 4 again yesterday because I wanted to see if the Aventador sounds like it did in the Top Gear episode (it does, epic) and I ended up buying all the new DLC packs. Now I have to buy another one.

I'm planning on making a youtube series for Forza 4 showing off the best sounding cars in the game. First episode is the Aventador, I will see how it goes from there, but if you guys have any suggestions I would welcome them.
787B jizzz. I was kinda hoping for a fix, so to speak, for the final chicane at the Nurgurgring GP track, that layout w/o kerbing always seemed off to me. The GT5 version is way better
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I'm planning on making a youtube series for Forza 4 showing off the best sounding cars in the game. First episode is the Aventador, I will see how it goes from there, but if you guys have any suggestions I would welcome them.

The 787B when it's available of course! It sounded nice in the preview video. Throw in a NSX-R, think they sound lovely.

By the way, what happened to Pretend Gamers? I enjoyed watching some of the videos on there.
Quote from beefyman666 :The 787B when it's available of course! It sounded nice in the preview video. Throw in a NSX-R, think they sound lovely.

By the way, what happened to Pretend Gamers? I enjoyed watching some of the videos on there.

We had about 800 inactive subs, so we killed it off and focused on our individual channels. I have links to the other channels on my one, with Ethan and Dave who used to do videos on Pretend Gamers.

As for the cars, the 787B will be my first priority the moment it's released, hopefully they do it justice.
Why is it called the 'ALMS' pack if none of the cars in it are in the ALMS? The R18 AFAIK only ran the Sebring round of the ALMS, so it's not really part of the series, just did one race. The Abruzzi only did a handful of laps... The rest are classics that pre-date the ALMS or street cars.
They should have went with the Nomad. Other than that awesome pack . Still sucks wheelstands are impossible. Nova's are all too keen to pulling them
Propably the best pack yet, shall give it a go!
I was a bit against Forza 4 on it's release, but I've found I've put more than twice the hours into it than I have with GT5.

I must admit though it does seem a bit "rushed" the reason I say that is because it uses the same engine as forza 3, same glitches, basically the same handling only slightly tweaked, a few graphic updates, but really it's just a massive Forza 3 patch.
Maybe it was a Microsoft ego trip "Hey GT5 our old engine is better than your new one"

It's still hard to compare though, Forza has a lot of fun over steer but I think that GT5 is a better driving simulator.

Anyway.

Here's a few cars I have designed.
I mostly just go for a nice clean stance
Attached images
300DL done.jpg
abarth.jpg
GMC truck 2.jpg
Yaris 2.jpg
And a few more.
Attached images
GetPhoto.ashx.jpg
Mx-5 Superlight.jpg
Saab 9-3 modded.jpg
Gallado 2.jpg
Last lot
Attached images
Baller.jpg
Audi RS6.jpg
Volvo drift car.jpg
abarth2.jpg
Try more conservative tuning (not going crazy with big wheels and uber low and hard suspension) and you'll notice the improved and finer handling characteristics of FM4.
I haven't bought any of the car packs but how can I pass up that awesome wagon?
Oh man, finally a game that has the Alfa GTV in it. How I love the blocky 80ies sexiness of it.

Still, an Xbox360 + forza is a tad too hefty an investment for me ATM.
Maybe in a couple months when I'm done hemmoraging from the move, two extra months of rent upfront and my hefty tax bill I'll finally dive in and get a 360 and FM4...
Quote from jibber :Try more conservative tuning (not going crazy with big wheels and uber low and hard suspension) and you'll notice the improved and finer handling characteristics of FM4.

I know, I'm level 105 now, Some cars I build to look at and never drive, others like the beetle I built for Tag, the 300SL I built for D class racing and the MX-5 superlight for A class are 80% of the time in the top 3

As I said, it's more "fun" than GT5 but it's not as realistic. I'm not a fan boy for either one, My Ps3 with GT5 is parked neatly next to my Xbox 360 which contains Forza 4, I go directly from one to the other.
Sounds interesting. I haven't bought any DLC for fm4 but I really liked driving the alms porker in fm3.
bs that porsche pack should be free for their failure to strike a deal in the first place.
Quote from flymike91 :bs that porsche pack should be free for their failure to strike a deal in the first place.

That specific type of failure happens to be their primary business model...
most games are going the way of the "pay download content" anyway.
Maybe not the right thread to ask this....but it does apply to Forza 4...

I didn't see an Xbox 360 thread after a quick glance thought the Hardware forums.

I'm in Malaysia, and 'chipped' Xbox 360s are the norm over here. So, I have a chipped Xbox, meaning I can buy local copies. I did see about getting non-chipped, but it is more unusual.

Anyway, I assume I am totally screwed when it comes to putting my Xbox 360 online and getting content updates?
Does anyone else think that Forza Horizons will be a Gumball rally style game? Like NFS The Run but good. I wouldn't mine a slightly dumbed down Forza engine running a street racing game.
Yep. That is probably the most likely scenario. However, I would love if it was open world like Test Drive Unlimited.

Forza Motorsport 4
(463 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG