The online racing simulator
Does TV Director work to some extend on Z30+? Has anyone tried that yet?
It works perfectly well on Z30+, you can place some great cameras behind the fence. However it doesn't work on open configs, due to the lack of nodes being sent from LFS notifying TVD about the position of cars, and the lack of .pth files for the custom configs for TVD to load.
Yea, that's what I thought(wanted to know for open configs, sorry for not precising it at first).
In fact you can can use it on open configs, you just need a pth file (renamed say as1x.pth). It won't follow any cars but you can run it in edit mode.

Not sure why you would want to do that, unless you're a bit deko and want to do the job of 20 track side cameramen.
Do you consider to use the collision detection feature in 0.6b in Director?

It would be interesting to see the broadcast jump to an accident or to a more muscled overtake, for example.
Quote from NunoMike :Do you consider to use the collision detection feature in 0.6b in Director?

It would be interesting to see the broadcast jump to an accident or to a more muscled overtake, for example.

as the last release is from 2008 it is simply a miracle it is still working with 0.6B
Quote from TFalke55 : as the last release is from 2008 it is simply a miracle it is still working with 0.6B

yap, you're right. I didn't notice it was stopped, since you guys are still posting here.

My bad... but it would be great!
hello, was wondering if there is a package of cameras to track open (BL1X, KY2X, Y. ..).
or have to edit the positions of the cameras to work best in open circuit?
Sorry for my English.
Quote from fernandoigor :hello, was wondering if there is a package of cameras to track open (BL1X, KY2X, Y. ..).
or have to edit the positions of the cameras to work best in open circuit?
Sorry for my English.

TV director does not work with open configs at all. The problem is as there is no programmed path. (Same reason why AIs cannot drive Open configs)
Okay, thanks.
I would like to know if you have to edit the positions of the cam TVDirector, if so, how?
Now I found the files of instruction.
Thanks for the help.
Quote from hyntty :In fact you can can use it on open configs, you just need a pth file (renamed say as1x.pth). It won't follow any cars but you can run it in edit mode.

Not sure why you would want to do that, unless you're a bit deko and want to do the job of 20 track side cameramen.

I tried something and it worked. Copy a AIRIO custom track path file as AS3X for example. Set cameras manually, then use tv director in manual mode.

wijaa
Quote from Dr3dD :I tried something and it worked. Copy a AIRIO custom track path file as AS3X for example. Set cameras manually, then use tv director in manual mode.

wijaa

Demo account -> AS3X
everytime I post something, some "clever" mention the "demo user" issue... of course ... is impossible for a friend to lend me an unused S2 account. right?
Quote from Dr3dD :everytime I post something, some "clever" mention the "demo user" issue... of course ... is impossible for a friend to lend me an unused S2 account. right?

OT

I'm sorry, but that's what you have to live with as long as the "Demo user" is under your license name. There was that much of misuseage in the past those "clever" ones lost faith in people.

/OT
Quote from Dr3dD :everytime I post something, some "clever" mention the "demo user" issue... of course ... is impossible for a friend to lend me an unused S2 account. right?

Technically possible (as in you can physically do it), it's against the LFS EULA: "3.4 You must not give your username, WEB or GAME password to other LFS users."
Quote from Dr3dD :is impossible for a friend to lend me an unused S2 account. right?

Me does not believez.
TV Director works in open configurations, provided there is a .pth file in the host pc with the name of the base open configuration, e.g. AS2X for the A22 track (GUI pc doesn't require the .pth file).

EQ Worry has created some custom .pth files for Airio, available at http://airio.eu/files/LFS_PTH_V16.zip

You can test this camera file out (rename it AS2X.cam) on the A22 .pth file. As mentioned on the previous page, you will probably need to choose a car manually in order to follow a driver.
Attached files
AS2X.txt - 861 B - 402 views
Quote from boothy :TV Director works in open configurations, provided there is a .pth file in the host pc with the name of the base open configuration, e.g. AS2X for the A22 track (GUI pc doesn't require the .pth file).

EQ Worry has created some custom .pth files for Airio, available at http://airio.eu/files/LFS_PTH_V16.zip

You can test this camera file out (rename it AS2X.cam) on the A22 .pth file. As mentioned on the previous page, you will probably need to choose a car manually in order to follow a driver.

cool works great
Quote from boothy :TV Director works in open configurations, provided there is a .pth file in the host pc with the name of the base open configuration, e.g. AS2X for the A22 track (GUI pc doesn't require the .pth file).

Does this mean that TV Director will not work automatically on open configs? without a user selecting drivers manually using GUI?
correct at least it won't work propperly
Anyone got a cam-file for A23 (Aston Classic Boot)?
I'd like to stream one of our races there, but can't find a cam-file for it. I gave it a try, but I seem to be pretty useless at setting nice-looking cameras.
I should probably make a few more as most of the cameras are already done from other configs, just got to work out which ones then copy and paste them into the files and adjust the nodes.
Attached files
AS23R.txt - 861 B - 414 views

Thanks mike, you have been doing a bunch lately
Great, thx boothy, I'll try this one!

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG