The online racing simulator

Poll : What type of controller do you play LFS with?

Wheel (FFB)
Mouse
Gamepad
Wheel (spring)
Keyboard
Joystick
#76 - Jakg
If you want to know which wheel to buy, have a look at the link in my sig
Quote from Jakg :If you want to know which wheel to buy, have a look at the link in my sig

lol..faster than ya
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I thought it would be interesting to see what people use for LFS, for example i use a keyboard :dunce:.....

We already have a thread on this, threads merged.
Quote from Unclefloug :im currently savig for logitech wheel, but right now im using a ps2 gamepad, it's not to bad but it doesn't centre well so driving down a long stright is a nightmare!

Superglue a small stick (about an inch long) to the thumbpad and it gives you much better coordination.
Quote from The General Lee :Keyboard and mouse

but, getting a wheel soon.

Got a wheel about a month ago...and a big slap on the forehead for whoever resurrected this thread

**EDIT**
My apologise. Bob...You da man! :P
Quote from Asmo :Wheel (spring) 11.35%

am i alone ?

ur not alone :P i have the spring wheel which is not good but what the hey atleast i got one :P (NASCAR wheel)
I use a ps2 pad simply because I don't have space for a wheel and won't waste that much money on something I won't use. Although being able to feel when the car is about to slide rather than guessing would be useful.
Logitech Rumblepad 2 here... It's quite good when I'm not pressing the wrong button again
I don't know why ppl use mouse over joystick. Simply cause in joystick you have analogue control of throttle n brake. I spose its possible to do that with a mouse ; but jeez it'd be a pain. I wanna wheel... desperately.

V
Keyboard - NFS, TDU, etc.:heyjoeani
Mouse - strategy games
Gamepad - PS, Xbox games
Joystick :jedi::biggun:
Wheel (spring) - for your younger siblings / your children

Wheel (FFB) - RBR :rally_dri LFS & rFactor:eclipseeh
nice bump tho, you have actually managed to bump an almost 5 year old thread
Quote from DjeMz :are the PS2 stlye controlers any good? like can u control throttle with the X button or only the 'joystick'?

Since pressure sensitive buttons dont work with PC you are limited to left and right analogue sticks, not thats is worse in any way.
I myself played with PS2 pad before i get myself DFGT.
Just dont enable analogue smoothing no matter what.

edit:
lol nvm
That was bump from hell
Holy old thread batman. Got a racing rig and a G25.. a new one that I bought in 2006 but just took out of box a few months ago, and an old one. Nixim mod brake pedal FTW.
for last almost 5 years im on g25(atill works, beafore that i had momo racing ..untill it stop working ..

and shure, 720 degree, cluch,h- shifter all the time!!. cant imagine driving without cluch and h-shifter
DFGT, it broken down though and decided not to spent any further money on a goddamn new wheel -.-
Mouse nao
Dfp
I'm confused,there are no correct answers from my side in this old poll - my wheel doesn't have neither spring or FFB - originally with springs,but I took them out before even first time connected to PC...
My Thrustmaster wheel is broken so I use mouse and 3 pedals
Would anyone (with a little time to spare) bother to open up a new controller poll after over 6 years to see what has changed since then?

Maybe a little more refinded/detailled options...
When I am home from the military service I use Logitec Driving Force Ex. Meanwhile, when in the service, I use laptop and keyboard...
It sucks balls, but it's still somewhat enjoyable to drive - since it's really damn hard, so usually when I get some freetime I fire up LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG