The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from jibber :I never said it should be illegal. You said it was perfectly driveable, i said it's not... that's it. And no, there is no rule like that, please stop talking out of your arse.

Are you still butthurt because i mentioned earlier how i think people using the word "swag" are douchebags and felt like i'm talking to you? Or are we just a bit grumpy today in general?

Jibber, You're like a Jehova's Witness having to correct people or force them in the direction YOU want to see.

Anyone can say and do whatever the **** they want. You of all should know this being from SLIBERALland (see what I did there?). So instead of getting all weird about people using what ever words they want and driving whatever they want why not close down your laptop and get a nice warm drink, watch a movie or something, no actually don't because you're probably the biggest critic known to man picking at every damn aspect of a movie. Just sit in a white room, even there I'm sure you can get butthurt or righteous about something there anyway.
Quote from jibber :

Are you still butthurt because i mentioned earlier how i think people using the word "swag" are douchebags and felt like i'm talking to you? Or are we just a bit grumpy today in general?

I just said my mom drives a Mazda, butthurt or not, you are/was(whatever) driving a hairdressers car

I have other things to be butthurt from, especially my chair.
BlueFlame, Jibber isn't forcing to everyone think that the cars are too low and noone should have a low car.

He is just saying that the cars are too low for where he lives and has been, the cars would have trouble there.
Same in Estonia.
I agree with Jibber.

Dennis93, Did you even read what Jibber wrote, or did you just see the word "mazda", and responded him?
He said he USED TO OWN A MAZDA, and he NOW OWNS A HONDA.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :BlueFlame, Jibber isn't forcing to everyone think that the cars are too low and noone should have a low car.

Of course he's not succesfully forcing anyone, but his attitude is that of someone who is in disbelief that others like things that he doesn't.
I definitely will be lowering it at some point and its just a wee bit high, i dont want to go that low though, maybe 30mm lower than stock if not less than that, i would just get a set of lowering spreings but i need the adjustable height as my E46 suffers the rather common (so i read) lean issue, where the car sits lower on the drivers side rear than it does on the passengers side rear, which is really annoying, new springs have already been fitted and this didnt correct it, so if i get coilies i can just adjust out the difference so it sits level.
Quote from BlueFlame :Of course he's not succesfully forcing anyone, but his attitude is that of someone who is in disbelief that others like things that he doesn't.

Because lowering OMFGZZZ RUINS PEFORMANCEZZZZ & HANDLINGHZZZZZ!!!!!!!!11111one. He can't accept the fact that most people don't give a shit about that their cars will go around the track 0.00000000000043 seconds slower if compare to stock suspension.
afaik lower cars do have a better handling.
either way, lowering sucks (imo) if u use the car as a daily.
even small kerbs become big problems
Quote from Agniz :Because lowering OMFGZZZ RUINS PEFORMANCEZZZZ & HANDLINGHZZZZZ!!!!!!!!11111one. He can't accept the fact that most people don't give a shit about that their cars will go around the track 0.00000000000043 seconds slower if compare to stock suspension.

Yeah in my opinion lowering your car makes you à more carefull driver, i never drive over the speed limit if not slower. It has it's advantages.
Quote from G!NhO :Yeah in my opinion lowering your car makes you à more carefull driver, i never drive over the speed limit if not slower. It has it's advantages.

Yeah, can't enjoy your ride and instead of watching what goes around, you stare at road looking for bumps and holes in road, that surely makes you a better driver .
well other people enjoy your ride when it looks awesome. That's worth some extra bumps.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :BlueFlame, Jibber isn't forcing to everyone think that the cars are too low and noone should have a low car.

He is just saying that the cars are too low for where he lives and has been, the cars would have trouble there.
Same in Estonia.
I agree with Jibber.

Dennis93, Did you even read what Jibber wrote, or did you just see the word "mazda", and responded him?
He said he USED TO OWN A MAZDA, and he NOW OWNS A HONDA.

Happy?
Quote from flymike91 :well other people enjoy your ride when it looks awesome. That's worth some extra bumps.

Agreed. Something Jibber will never understand.
Quote from G!NhO :Low enough?

This is under the wishbone.

This is even lower and that is the transmission skidplate/protector. The iPhone case is leaning against it btw.

LOL thats not low... go too your wana be hellafruuush corner
Own'd
Lol well low enough for me and its not herraflush but hellasunk vdub yo....

I care more about stance than as low as possible ground clearence.
I'm with Jibber.

One of my old cars was lowered. It looked great, but going over speed bumps at 1mph and at an angle, a crashy ride, and not being able to drive into multi storey car parks soon grew tiresome, and I eventually grew out of it.

Since having my Accord (which even at standard height still manages to scrape the lip kit!) its made me realise that having a car thats stupidly low is crap. At least now, I can go over speedbumps at a reasonable speed, don't get stuck on pebbles, can drive in comfort and yet, still out-perform these "stanced" cars in the corners.

You will all get fed up of it soon, and why on earth would someone brag about there car scraping it's chassis rails?!
Well put, I tend to put my comfortness before and then look how it will look for others, but that just me...

edit* correct me if i'm wrong, but on the city limits the lowered cars are pain in the arse for everyone(if to exclude looks for some....).
I think lowering a car a little is fine, and I agree with people that say it makes a car look better, as most the time it does.

However, a car that is 5cm off the ground with the wheels tucked up into the arches does not look cool, or stanced, or dub...It looks broken!

Then of course, you get the idiots that lower there car and try and justify it as a "handling" upgrade, and claim there car handles much better. Granted, if you do it properly, you can turn your car into a track handling masterpiece. Adding things like a full shock & spring setup, and then getting the cars geometry setup and corner weighted will help with this. Unfortunately, most of these idiots prefer to buy cheap "coilovers" straight from eBay, or even worse, fit some cheap springs and fit them onto the standard shock absorbers (nice!) which then results in you having truly messed up bound/rebound characteristics....In other words, the car will handle and ride like a slob....But wait! It's "stanced" dawg, so none of that handling stuff matters yo!...

I can see why most these guys do it. They do it for the looks and to pose to the ladies. That's fine. I've been guilty of cleaning up my Lexus and taking it cruising showing off plenty of times, but I would never want to bugger up my cars ride and handling (As well as add extra strain onto the mechanicals, especially the wheel bearings!) just so it impresses everyone. Give me drivability over looks any day!
form > function
hellaflush4lyfeyo, where negative 5 camber pulls the bitches.

though in all seriousness, anyone that does up a car to pull chicks is a moron and needs to be shot on sight. Preferably in the dick.

road noise, screamer pipes, cages, stripped interiors, and floor mounted bucket seats <3
bitches hate all of those, which is great!
So, regarding my car. im quite happy today.

I went to a mechanic to ask some prices about the issues that my car has, and in total it is not more than 600-700$.... which is good. i was thinking about double of that amount.

so the front right half shaft is about 90$ + instalation(1h?) and the clacking noise coming from the engine wich i thought was some valves that were ****ed but it isnt, it is a chain in that area of the car but they have to undo it all.... =/ that should be 300+ instalation ( about 3-4h).

so yeah, al in all. to have her in good shape i dont need that much.
Nathan, i am not doing it for the ladies for two reasons, i have a gf and i am doing it for myself... I just love how my vdub looks, i love the stance and i don't need to corner at 50mph... Which in my eyes is pointless since i never go to a racetrack.

People like other things, so don't try to tell us we are doing it wrong just because you dont like it.
I don't like it, so you must be doing it wrong.
Given that the only people who care about the 'stance' of your car are other young boys, I am curious about the motivation for doing it.

Also it would be cheaper to just put socks down the front of your trousers if you really need to.

My face when reading the same argument over and over again for years now.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Given that the only people who care about the 'stance' of your car are other young boys, I am curious about the motivation for doing it.

Also it would be cheaper to just put socks down the front of your trousers if you really need to.

My motivation is because I myself like it, i dont want to impress anyone.... Is that really that hard to understand damn it.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG