The online racing simulator
LFSer Philip "painster" Ellis makes it to Formula 3 Euro Series
Yeah he's been pretty excited about this. I believe his car design is by JJ72 as well.
Awesome news!
When I red about LFSer and Ellis,first though was - oh dear,him?

Good,that LFS has more Ellis'es to offer!
Amazing how he has the cardio to drive when he is SO FAT!
Had fun with a Audi R8 recently. Oh, and a oops.
Quote from Eclipsed :When I red about LFSer and Ellis,first though was - oh dear,him?

:rolleyes:
#8 - CSF
Quote from Eclipsed :When I red about LFSer and Ellis,first though was - oh dear,him?

He would only drive if it was a god awful beige Volvo.
Wow! I wonder if he'll come back here and tell me what set ups to use on my older, slower, poorer driven car.
#10 - JJ72
Yes livery is by me.

Tristain I don't know if it will be entirely different since they are racing the new F312 chassis
Congrats Philip!
Good luck!

Hopefully Philip can reach as much as Williams F1 Test driver Valtteri Bottas!
wow that is great news! congratulations Philip!

Quote from JJ72 :Yes livery is by me.

Tristain I don't know if it will be entirely different since they are racing the new F312 chassis

so thats the F3 you showed us in your thread?
Congrats man!
Great achievement! I'm curious if he knows all races are broadcasted live in German TV.
thanks guys definately looking forward and being very excited about it!

and yes thilo, im aware of that haha
You know, you are joining Formula 3 EuroSeries in the right moment. 8 races of the Formula 3 EuroSeries will count for the new FIA Formula 3 European Championship

First LFS'ler in the Formula 3 European Championship! Nice!
Nice job Fatty
haha yes thilo not too sure what to think about it though (european f3), since there will be 5 (!) different rankings per european f3 race:

british f3
british f3 rookies
f3 euro series
f3 euro series rookies
european f3

it will definately be exciting to race in a bigger grid, BUT you can easily mess up your ranking in another series since all the rankings will be seperate at the end of the day. anyways, will have my first test next weekend in valencia
Quote from TFalke55 :First LFS'ler in the Formula 3 European Championship! Nice!

Let's hope it will last longer than the International F3 Champ, which collasped after only 1 year of existance...

F3 is so messed up these days... You have countless amount of European based series - F3 EuroSeries, F3 Euro Open, plus British F3, German F3, Italian F3 having most of their races on foreign soil - did I forget anyone? And then you also have the standalone races(Macau and Zandvoort). Yet the FIA still feels the need to make random trophies for the sake of it - International F3 Trophy in 2011, F3 European Championship in 2012.

This plus the ever-raising budgets needed, and the concurrence of GP3, international/european F2.0 championships, etc. And people still wonder why the car counts are so low
i have to say, its awesome although im not really on pace atm its all looking good and were going for another 2 test days in lausitz in 2 weeks.

heres a pretty cool shot of the car in the rain

btw im posting a lot of pics and vids etc on my FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Philip-Ellis/358242780874508
Attached images
OMP.JPG
Looks very nice indeed, good luck on the further testing!
That's a nice clip. I'm sure you enjoyed driving with that car a lot

Good luck with your Hockenheim race and career!
i sure did
thank you very much

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG