The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from iFastLT :completely agree, should look something like this, though it's wrong angle to see the lowness:

Perfect example, and also perfectly drivable rideheight.
My car is very low, will post à pic to show it later, and it is perfectly drivable.
Quote from G!NhO :My car is very low, will post à pic to show it later, and it is perfectly drivable.

I've seen your new car, no worries. Yes it's low, no, it's not perfectly driveable. There's plenty of places on public roads where i could still make it through with my (already low in stock form) S2000 and you'd be scraping your bottom on the ground. Of course that doesn't mean you can't drive on normal smooth roads or have problems with 1cm high obstacles at parking lot entrances. However, as soon as you get to a steep ramp or a bad sidestreet/dirtroad, you're ****ed.
brothers soarer is 25mm at its lowest point...

perfectly driveable, the chassis rails are even polished!

Hahaha!!

That's awesome Klutch!
Quote from Klutch :brothers soarer is 25mm at its lowest point...

perfectly driveable, the chassis rails are even polished!

Exactly what i'm talking about... haha!
Quote from BastianB :Washed the lady a bit. Cant wait to put the summer tires back on

I've got same beauty at home (not so clean) and as you are saying...I am so looking forward to putting back summer tires...on these winter ones it just doesn't feel right
Quote from jibber :I've seen your new car, no worries. Yes it's low, no, it's not perfectly driveable. There's plenty of places on public roads where i could still make it through with my (already low in stock form) S2000 and you'd be scraping your bottom on the ground. Of course that doesn't mean you can't drive on normal smooth roads or have problems with 1cm high obstacles at parking lot entrances. However, as soon as you get to a steep ramp or a bad sidestreet/dirtroad, you're ****ed.

You really seem to be one of these smug people. Fact of the matter is, a low car may or maynot bottom out due to a huge number of variables, weight, speed, wheelbase, tyre pressures and shock integrity. The fact of the matter is Jibber, it seems like you're retarded enough to drive a lowered car on a dirtroad and then suggest lowered cars are undriveable. At least ,that's the impression I get.
Quote from jibber :I've seen your new car, no worries. Yes it's low, no, it's not perfectly driveable. There's plenty of places on public roads where i could still make it through with my (already low in stock form) S2000 and you'd be scraping your bottom on the ground. Of course that doesn't mean you can't drive on normal smooth roads or have problems with 1cm high obstacles at parking lot entrances. However, as soon as you get to a steep ramp or a bad sidestreet/dirtroad, you're ****ed.

One thing, i will never go onto a dirt road just because i want to keep my car clean, and i don't know if you ever been to holland before? We have speedbumps every 50 meters and i haven't scraped once, even on the very high bumps...
And i drive alot of bad streets.

@blueflame: you are right haha
Getting over big speedbumps in a low car is an artform.

It takes time and delicacy.
It is pretty easy in mine, although it is very low. Does that mean i need to go lower just for Jibber?
Unless you go up at 0.1kph and on a stupid angle, its not low enough.
Low enough?

This is under the wishbone.

This is even lower and that is the transmission skidplate/protector. The iPhone case is leaning against it btw.
Quote from BlueFlame :You really seem to be one of these smug people. Fact of the matter is, a low car may or maynot bottom out due to a huge number of variables, weight, speed, wheelbase, tyre pressures shock integrity. The fact of the matter is Jibber, it seems like you're retarded enough to drive a lowered car on a dirtroad and then suggest lowered cars are undriveable. At least ,that's the impression I get.

Even tho i know nothing good will come out of this, i will reply to you.

How do you even get to conclusions like that? Smug, retarded? You seem to still have the same quality arguments like usual, don't you?

What i'm talking about is stuff like steep roads leading to a house for example. Stuff like steep on-ramps in parking garages, etc.

I had an MX-5 which was "lowered" (it had the stock lowering springs that mazda offered as an option (eibach springs IIRC)). In situations mentioned above it was too low, several times...

Last time i was on holidays in italy is another example, there was a little road leading to the hotel i was staying, no dirt road, just a bit steep. I can guarantee you, my MX-5, Ginho's Jetta and the BMW in the example pic above would have all scraped the ground when exiting that steep road.

I could scrape these cars at several places here in switzerland without ever driving on a dirt road.

There's low cars, and then there's cars so low that you will eventually run into problems with them (like the ones mentioned above)... not problems you couldn't avoid (like taking mentioned on-ramps at an angle), but problems that are annoying and complicated while daily driving.

See, i managed to write this without calling you names, take it as a good example maybe.
Quote from jibber :Even tho i know nothing good will come out of this, i will reply to you.

How do you even get to conclusions like that? Smug, retarded? You seem to still have the same quality arguments like usual, don't you?

What i'm talking about is stuff like steep roads leading to a house for example. Stuff like steep on-ramps in parking garages, etc.

I had an MX-5 which was "lowered" (it had the stock lowering springs that mazda offered as an option (eibach springs IIRC)). In situations mentioned above it was too low, several times...

Last time i was on holidays in italy is another example, there was a little road leading to the hotel i was staying, no dirt road, just a bit steep. I can guarantee you, my MX-5, Ginho's Jetta and the BMW in the example pic above would have all scraped the ground when exiting that steep road.

I could scrape these cars at several places here in switzerland without ever driving on a dirt road.

There's low cars, and then there's cars so low that you will eventually run into problems with them (like the ones mentioned above)... not problems you couldn't avoid (like taking mentioned on-ramps at an angle), but problems that are annoying and complicated while daily driving.

See, i managed to write this without calling you names, take it as a good example maybe.

Admit it Jibber, you think you're better than other people. You like things stock, it's pretty clear, but does it not cross your mind that some people who have low cars don't care about the 'annoyances' as it's one of the points of HAVING A car so low, cos you're making a statement of "I DON'T GIVE A ****" in a big way when you drive a car that's super low.

I've seen it time and time again here Jibber, you seem to despise any kind of road car modifications of any kind and basically call everyone wankers who want to modify their cars.

The fact you say I HAD A LOW CAR, but no no no no, it wasn't a customization it was the springs that MAZDA provided says alot about you're attitude towards any kind of mods.
Quote from bavorak :I've got same beauty at home (not so clean) and as you are saying...I am so looking forward to putting back summer tires...on these winter ones it just doesn't feel right

Its just that i cant stand the ugly steelys anymore haha
Got some pics of yours?
Jibber, I agree with you. Also, you shouldn't argue with him, we all know he knows everything better than anyone. Just let it be. He can't lose a freaking argument and tries to prove he's right.
Yes i also agree with Jibber, a low car should be illegal!

As he is from Switserland i know there is somekind of rule so you can not lower your car too much, am i right?
Mazda is hairdressers car..

My mom drives one.
Even a boring, diesel-powered autobahn cruiser can bring a lot of fun - simply put it to the most beautiful stretch of road money can "rent".

That's my ride for quite a while now, built in 2004 and having more than 230.000 km under its wheels ...
Attached images
07052011_02090_1024.jpg
Quote from G!NhO :Yes i also agree with Jibber, a low car should be illegal!

As he is from Switserland i know there is somekind of rule so you can not lower your car too much, am i right?

I never said it should be illegal. You said it was perfectly driveable, i said it's not... that's it. And no, there is no rule like that, please stop talking out of your arse.

Quote from Dennis93 :Mazda is hairdressers car..

My mom drives one.

Are you still butthurt because i mentioned earlier how i think people using the word "swag" are douchebags and felt like i'm talking to you? Or are we just a bit grumpy today in general?
Quote from jibber :I never said it should be illegal. You said it was perfectly driveable, i said it's not... that's it. And no, there is no rule like that, please stop talking out of your arse.

I was joking about illegal part, stop taking everything so damn seriously.
And i read it on another forum from à Guy in switserland, that there are certain rules for modifying à car. Could be wrong though?
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG