The online racing simulator
This country is breaking my balls!
(117 posts, started )
Exept our minimum wage is 290€ but we don't complain (We actually do), we just migrate to Finland or Australia quietly .
Quote from Scrabby :Ok, so I guess after Greece, Belgium will be next.

Those damn politicians are taxing and raising everything, approving stupid laws to let the normal working people (le me) pay even more!

I don't think they are actually aware of what they are doing at the moment and i'm seriously thinking of selling allmost everything I have and moving very far away!
I've had enough of this stupid country, it's stupid laws, it's retarded citizens. We have to bust our balls to get something decent and when a imigrant comes, they just let them in and give em money! WTF?!

Now, for a serious thing..
Moving to the USA, how hard is it and what has to be done for it?

Can anyone help me out what is involved?

Theirs money to be made everywhere... recession is just a term used to get things cheaper and thus profit more...
Quote from -NightFly- :Exept our minimum wage is 290€ but we don't complain (We actually do), we just migrate to Finland or Australia quietly .

Like I did?
Some decent replies in here, but some of you just seemed to read one line..
I wasn't showing hate towards immigrants (where did I said that?) but towards the government if that still wasn't clear!

They are just destroying this country at a very fast rate if it keeps going like this.

I just want to leave.....somewhere over the rainbow
Try scandinavian countries. Or even Estonia from baltics. Just saying. Many people have moved to scandinavian area because they have heard a lot of nice things about scandinavians but never been there, and desperately in need to move to a different country and have thought norway/sweden/finland have been a good option.

AFAIK most people stay, rather than going somewhere else.
Quote from The Moose :
Quote from e2mustang :hell ye,im leaving usa soon,going to uk !

Why on earth would you want to come to this mega expensive, over taxed, mass unemployment shithole?

Life isn't going to be any better in the UK compared to the US at the moment.

+1.

Why would you try to migrate now? And to the UK?!
The recession excuse is a cop-out. High unemployment just means you need to be more creative. I know guys who are making more money doing less work than ever. For instance my friend in California is getting boxes of empty shell casings for free and reloading them with a machine he got on eBay. He sells the rounds to online bulk ammo stores. Our governments are relying on us believing that we can't do anything ourselves.
Quote from Scrabby :Ok, so I guess after Greece, Belgium will be next.

Those damn politicians are taxing and raising everything, approving stupid laws to let the normal working people (le me) pay even more!

Honestly, this is bullshit. Greece is in the shit for the exact opposite reason. They raised the wages too high, gave stupid bonuses (13th and 14th wage, bonus for showing up to work on time, etc) and lent huge amounts of money to cover that just to stay popular among the people. I'm not familiar with what's going on in Belgium but saying Belgium is just like Greece because of raising taxes is wrong.
Do we get this minimum wage crap again?

Why only compare the income and not the expenses. You think they are the same? Think again!
Quote from Scrabby :I wasn't showing hate towards immigrants (where did I said that?) but towards the government if that still wasn't clear!

You have to bear in mind that the labour market is a market like any other, and in the EU we have a free trade agreement - this of course includes trade in labour. So while it might look like your country is losing out because cheap labour is arriving to do work there, your cost of living is much lower than it would be if you didn't have all that other, less-visible trade going on.
Lets compare taxes & fuel prices & see who gets the worst deal round here.

UK has:

Income Tax (not sure) around 17% + NI 3%
VAT on good & services @ 20%
Fuel price @ £1.42pl for diesel (inc a lot of tax)
A macdonalds meal is - ave £4.50
Average house price - £228,300
UK minimum income tax rate is 20% after approx. 7k personal allowance.

Personally I pay class 4 NICs so my national insurance rate is 9%. Again this is after the personal allowance.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :I can speak English and French (well enough to ask "How do I get out of Quebéc"), am young, did all but one semester in college before dropping out, am used to the metric system - how good are my chances of making it into Canada?

Welcome to Canada!
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Bmxtwins
They wouldn't let me into Quebec. True story.
Move to Lithuania. No questions. Do it.
Give us 5 good reasons why we should?
Low cost of living, pretty girls, low cost of living, low cost of living, low cost of living.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Low cost of living, pretty girls, low cost of living, low cost of living, low cost of living.

Planning to stay in germany although I'm hoping that someone will put that wall back up! Costs me 5,5% of what I earn every month...
Quote from anttt69 :Give us 5 good reasons why we should?

Pretty sure he was joking.

You should avoid Lithuania like the plague.
Quote from anttt69 :Lets compare taxes & fuel prices & see who gets the worst deal round here.

UK has:

Income Tax (not sure) around 17% + NI 3%
VAT on good & services @ 20%
Fuel price @ £1.42pl for diesel (inc a lot of tax)
A macdonalds meal is - ave £4.50
Average house price - £228,300

income tax has been slightly increased here, after doing the maths im 750 euro down opposed to last year ( enen though i cut my insurance down, costs way down and took on extra lads to do minor jobs for the books... Dreading the thought of ever needing a loan... )

average price of housing and renting isn't too bad, dropping year on year but water charge, house hold tax and such is doing its best to bump it back up ( when in actual fact its driving it down )

OP just get crafty as F*** and get you're money right... flip cars parts and anything else you know well enough to turn a few euros on. might make 50 euros one week, 500 the next... whatever keeps you busy till the good times come back
I'm not sure what income tax is here; mostly because of school I actually get more in a return than I pay (and due to me not working while in school and thus having a low income under the personal allowance). This year will be a shocker, though... which reminds me, I need to get my shit in order and file my 2011 taxes...

In Ontario, our sales tax is 13% (which has gone down) and we don't get changed any tax on basic food items anymore (with some exceptions, I'm sure). I haven't driven much since I moved downtown, but I think gas right now is around $1.20/litre, I usually spend $8-12 at McDonald's, and the rend for my (2 bedroom, 2 full bath) condo is $1795/mo. I'm not sure what our national average salary is, either, but I'm a little shy of $40K/year as a Junior Designer.

Not too bad, really. No complaints. Anywhere else in Canada is cheaper to live, too... except maybe Montreal, Vancouver and Calgary IIRC.
Quote from Cornys :USA isn't much different

It IS much different. It's horrid corrupt African country with military system of North Korea, compared to Belgium.

This country is breaking my balls!
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG