The online racing simulator
Far Cry 3
(99 posts, started )
#1 - Mysho
Far Cry 3
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
#2 - bbman
Even better than 1 - it seems to have no aliens...

This has been on my radar since the E3 reveal - largely because of Vaz (the baddie)...
From what I've been reading, they're fixing what was by far the most annoying aspect of FC2; the fact that you were supposedly in this area full of people who were constantly making and breaking alliances and agreements and grudges, using each other against common enemies but you can be spotted from 500m away and they immediately flag you as an enemy and launch into a full scale attack. There's no tentative investigation, no finding out if you're worth firing 1 million bullets at.

Same if you hide. The second they hear any noise, or catch the slightest glimpse of you through the 6 feet of bushes you're behind - BAM! Full blown assault. No checking out if you were just an animal, or just a noise on the wind. No being suspicious and sending out a patrol. Just all or nothing.

I have great hopes for FC3
Is it worth it to finish Far Cry 1?
Still sitting there since I built new computer.
Go for it. If you don't mind it changing from human enemies to monsters (I quite liked them although I'd have liked a bit of both instead of a complete switch) halfway through, and the fairly non-cerebral ending, then FC1 is a great game.

It's quite funny to see how dated it's starting to look, and remembering that it looked almost photorealistic when it came out
Quote from Crashgate3 :Go for it. If you don't mind it changing from human enemies to monsters (I quite liked them although I'd have liked a bit of both instead of a complete switch) halfway through, and the fairly non-cerebral ending, then FC1 is a great game.

It's quite funny to see how dated it's starting to look, and remembering that it looked almost photorealistic when it came out

Already been with monsters for a while. I am pretty far in. At the interior part with the invisible monsters. I stopped playing in September. I just have to put the power supply back in the old computer after it is cleaned to play it or retrieve the save game and start again on the new system.
The trailer looks quite good, apart from trash-ey genre of music.
#8 - Mysho
I generally don't like dubstep, but it somehow fits here. Dunno.
Seems like most developers have discovered awesome music to spice up their trailers.
Quote from Bose321 :Seems like most developers have discovered awesome music to spice up their trailers.

You mean DICE, Codemasers and Rockstar?
will they **** it up with shittie vehicle sections and aliens/monsters again earning them the right to whine about evil pirates like they always do?
Quote from Shotglass :will they **** it up with shittie vehicle sections and aliens/monsters again earning them the right to whine about evil pirates like they always do?

Why should a FPS game have proper vehicles?
*cough BF3 is a exception cough*
I wouldn't say they "should" have them, but if it's set in a realistic environment that covers a wide area, there would be vehicles there in real life so they should be in the game as well. Mountains, caves, etc, probably not so much. But a city or an island or a big expanse of desert and yes, a vehicle would be completely necessary.

I'll be interested in this if they can fix the issues that FC2 had. I loved the way it looked and the amount of environmental carnage you could cause, routing enemies out of hiding spots with fire. But the constant respawning bugged me as well - especially when you know that the reason everyone saw you as an enemy was because of lazy programming. If you clear out an area for one side, you should be able to pass through there freely as an ally. I'd rather have a single much longer and harder battle to clear it, than have to suffer a few minutes of stupidity every time I want to get to the next mission point.

Oh, and fix bugs. So many bugs.
If there's anything of these I'm out:

1. annoying re-spawn of AI forces same as in FC2
2. useless Ubisoft protection
3. shit port from consoles
4. buying half a game with 400 DLCs coming afterwards.
5. can't think of anything more right now, but it would be more I am sure.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Why should a FPS game have proper vehicles?

it shoudlnt actually
but thus far they have insisted on putting verhicles in any game with a "cry" in its name and in all of them the vehicles were properly shite
imho the least they could do if they insist on forcing these stupid vehicles on you is make them handle like something that remotely resembles whatever vehicle youre in
Looks and sounds crap.

Better hope the PC-version won't be this bad.
people moaned about the monsters in farcry 1 but i loved it, 1st has been the best so far in my opinion.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Bored already after the trailer. FC1 first half was great back then but this looks like ass. And an Ubisoft title? By now they should be on everybody's embargo list along with EA and Dice.
Looks like all the other FPS games.
I don't like the huge arrows all over the screen and some arcadoish things I see there, but overall I get that feeling from Far Cry 1 when playing human missions, that's what I like about this game, although it could be easily just a piece of crap. Too soon to tell...
Yea, I agree. It looks like good fun. Definitely seems to recapture what I enjoyed about FC1.
Looks like you will not be allowed to have a closer look on the graphical work but must hurry on to the next kill/object. Nice trick..

It looks like some 800x600 textures to me as well.
Hope some PC version will prove me wrong here.

I´m a huge fan of C1. Dont´like the aliens either, but there are loads of free and great custom levels/mods for this game.
Feel free to contact me about C1. I´m not too excited about FC3, TBO. Another PS3/Xbox/PC compromise, I´m afraid.
First one was very good, second was totally crap, and i dont think this third one will be worth the time

Far Cry 3
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG