The online racing simulator
It's not a cockpit and it's like the worst edit ever.
I like how she's driving using the power of thought
Quote from Bose321 :It's not a cockpit and it's like the worst edit ever.

humour fail. why do you have to be so anal?
OK, maybe its not cockpit, but its cookpit - cock.pit
There is joystick in "my" hands, but can't see on pic.
i think thats defo a cock pit
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :OK, maybe its not cockpit, but its cookpit - cock.pit
There is joystick in "my" hands, but can't see on pic.

I assure you none of us wanna see the joystick in your hands!!!!

getting my new rig in a few weeks. will post my DIY cockpit and rig.
Might aswell post this here to piss off the Apple haters.

Mac Pro 1,1:
2,66 GHz Xeon Quad (2x Dual core)
8GB DDR2 FB-DIMM
Nvidia 7300 GT 256MB ()

It runs Minecraft and LFS just fine even as it is, but I can't leave it at that. I'll be atleast changing the gpu to a 5770 Radeon, but I'm a bit torn in half about doing an 8-core cpu upgrade. More tempted to get a brand new Mac Pro if they are finally refreshed this summer. Then I'll be ditching my PC (only use it for gaming atm) for good.
Attached images
IMG_1248.jpg
How can you piss off people with such specs?
Great specs mean nothing, if the user experience is the software equivalent of being a coal miner.
I don't like Apple, and my hate for it only grew when Macfanboys compared their last leader to God, pretty much like the North-Koreans did, and will do for a long time.

Anyway, my specs:

Main board: Asus Sabertooth x58
CPU: Intel Core i7 970 @ 3.2GHz
RAM: 6 x 4GB Mushkin Class 10 Blackline
GPU: EVGA NVidia GTX 480
HDD: 3x Seagate 1.5TB SATA300 + 2x WD 1TB External USB2.0
Keyboard: Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Headset: Logitech G35 7.1 Gaming Headset
Monitor: 2x 27 inch Dell U2711

Decent set, if you not only game with it, but also record video with it.. Rendering a 1080p clip from Fraps, near realtime
Quote :New gaming Rig:

Thermaltake Soprano Black Case
Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.6Ghz
Arctic Freezer Pro rev.2
Asus P7P55D-Pro i5 Motherboard
4GB OCZ DDR3-1333Mhz w/Heatsink
ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
500GB Samsung F3 16mb Cache HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Thermaltake Soprano Black Case
Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.6Ghz
Arctic Freezer Pro rev.2
Asus P7P55D-Pro i5 Motherboard
8GB Corsair DDR3-1600Mhz w/Heatsink
XFX AMD Radeon 6870 1GB
60GB OCZ Vertex 2 - OS
60GB OCZ Vertex 2 - Games
500GB Samsung F3 16mb Cache HDD - Data Drive
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

My ATI Radeon 4870 died so I decided to make a few changes.

Sure its not the fastest system in the world and the SSD's are only SATA II but the speed is still so much quicker!

60GB Games drive may be small but I only really play rFactor series, iRacing and netKar Pro.
Quote from mclarenmatt :Sure its not the fastest system in the world and the SSD's are only SATA II but the speed is still so much quicker!

60GB Games drive may be small but I only really play rFactor series, iRacing and netKar Pro.

Some cheap 1TB HDD's in RAID would be cheaper and faster with shitloads of more room.
Quote from Bose321 :Some cheap 1TB HDD's in RAID would be cheaper and faster with shitloads of more room.

Cheaper is arguable (with current hard drive prices still elevated). Though there's no doubt that an SSD (even a couple of generations old on a 3Gbps port) provides better general performance than a mechanical/platter hard drive. Random read/write performance is orders of magnitude better and sequential performance should be in-line with a mechanical/platter 2-disk RAID0. You're obviously correct about the storage space, but not everyone wants a lot of room.

edit: Quick Anandtech Bench comparison of a 100GB Vertex 2 vs a 600GB VelociRaptor. The Vertex 2 is nowhere near the pinnacle of SSDs (being several generations old) and the VelociRaptor is one of, if not the fastest, mechanical hard drives available.
Quote from Bose321 :Some cheap 1TB HDD's in RAID would be cheaper and faster with shitloads of more room.

You could argue putting the SSD's in Raid would blow two 1TB drives out of the water. All depends what you need!
Quote from amp88 :Cheaper is arguable (with current hard drive prices still elevated). Though there's no doubt that an SSD (even a couple of generations old on a 3Gbps port) provides better general performance than a mechanical/platter hard drive. Random read/write performance is orders of magnitude better and sequential performance should be in-line with a mechanical/platter 2-disk RAID0. You're obviously correct about the storage space, but not everyone wants a lot of room.

edit: Quick Anandtech Bench comparison of a 100GB Vertex 2 vs a 600GB VelociRaptor. The Vertex 2 is nowhere near the pinnacle of SSDs (being several generations old) and the VelociRaptor is one of, if not the fastest, mechanical hard drives available.

Keep forgetting about the prices... Last time a Samsung F3 cost me 50 euro...

That test was not done with them in RAID 0, is it? Obviously a single HDD is slower.
Quote from mclarenmatt :You could argue putting the SSD's in Raid would blow two 1TB drives out of the water. All depends what you need!

Good luck with that on your sata 300
Quote from Bose321 :That test was not done with them in RAID 0, is it? Obviously a single HDD is slower.

No, but RAID0 doesn't really always do a whole lot for random performance (which is where SSDs absolutely trounce HDDs and where most common workloads reside). Quite often a RAID implementation will actually decrease random performance (this is true for both SSDs and HDDs).

Quote from Bose321 :Good luck with that on your sata 300

How many HDDs actually fully saturate a SATA 3Gbps port?
Quote from Matrixi :Might aswell post this here to piss off the Apple haters.

Mac Pro 1,1:
2,66 GHz Xeon Quad (2x Dual core)
8GB DDR2 FB-DIMM
Nvidia 7300 GT 256MB ()

It runs Minecraft and LFS just fine even as it is, but I can't leave it at that. I'll be atleast changing the gpu to a 5770 Radeon, but I'm a bit torn in half about doing an 8-core cpu upgrade. More tempted to get a brand new Mac Pro if they are finally refreshed this summer. Then I'll be ditching my PC (only use it for gaming atm) for good.

I have a laptop with better specs.

-Dell XPS 17.
i7-960m overclocked to 3.1ghz
8gb DDR3 Ram 1600mhz
2x 500gb SATA drive
1900x1200 ATI HD 3gb GFX card.

Price of yours? what...£2000?

got the lot+cases+sennheiser hd555's for £1395
Quote from MattsterGT :I have a laptop with better specs.

-Dell XPS 17.
8gb DDR3 Ram 1600mhz
2x 500gb SATA drive

Yeah but Apple work alot better, faster, more effiecient etc.

trololol
Quote from MattsterGT :I have a laptop with better specs.

-Dell XPS 17.
8gb DDR3 Ram 1600mhz
2x 500gb SATA drive

>Dell
nope I'm afraid his Mac is better.
You could try dropping your Dell on the floor a few times, even that kind of modification will make it look better than factory design.
Quote from MattsterGT :

It cost under 500 euros. Find me a PC with dual Xeons for that money.
Quote from Matrixi :It cost under 500 euros. Find me a PC with dual Xeons for that money.

Not for everyone and new that isn't.

Besides, what can you do with such old CPU's?
They can be swapped for dual quad cores, which brings it up to i7 speed and over.

Anyway, I decided to sell the Mac Pro for profits and focus on a brand new PC gaming rig. More on that next week if all goes according to plan.
Sounds interesting. Post some pics of the build

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG