The online racing simulator
Chupacabras84 has captured the essence of this thread in that picture.
LOL'd at Yoda
Chupacabras is approaching legendary boarder status in this thread.
#280 - col
Quote from S.E.T.H :
if i turn it off, others will turn it on, then i'll be forced to use it if i want to be competitive.

If you turn it off, turn it on, or put cream on it and stick it in your piehole, NOBODY will take any notice.
The ONLY thing you must do to be competitive is practice a lot (and have some talent)
The only slight advantage that force view might give is for noobs who might learn more quickly where they are losing time. - this is a good thing! Expert drivers already know a near optimum line and have an instinctive awareness of where their tyres are and more importantly where they are going to be. They will gain no advantage whatsoever from forces view.
If you are in a race online, the only people who might be getting an advantage through forces view are noobs, and they're not the ones who are winning and beating you by seconds per lap.

What you need to do is grow some balls! Man-up and admit to yourself that you are losing fair and square because you are slow, not because others are 'cheating'. Only when you accept this can you begin on the path of self improvement that all those fast guys and gals that are beating you have followed.
If you truly believe that they are faster because they are cheating, then you are in denial, and will never be able to achieve your true potential. That would be sad... for you... but not for anyone else
lol'd
It is realistic :l
Quote from col :If you turn it off, turn it on, or put cream on it and stick it in your piehole, NOBODY will take any notice.
The ONLY thing you must do to be competitive is practice a lot (and have some talent)
The only slight advantage that force view might give is for noobs who might learn more quickly where they are losing time. - this is a good thing! Expert drivers already know a near optimum line and have an instinctive awareness of where their tyres are and more importantly where they are going to be. They will gain no advantage whatsoever from forces view.
If you are in a race online, the only people who might be getting an advantage through forces view are noobs, and they're not the ones who are winning and beating you by seconds per lap.

What you need to do is grow some balls! Man-up and admit to yourself that you are losing fair and square because you are slow, not because others are 'cheating'. Only when you accept this can you begin on the path of self improvement that all those fast guys and gals that are beating you have followed.
If you truly believe that they are faster because they are cheating, then you are in denial, and will never be able to achieve your true potential. That would be sad... for you... but not for anyone else

how come i'd be slow if i am only 2 seconds away from wr only around my 250th laps?

damn omg this guy has no brain probably. i said it 100 times under this thread, that there obviously are faster people than me. some of them faster by fair racing, some of them uses force mode probably.

and force mode being usable in hotlaps (a place where there must be no doubt) is just bullshit
Quote from col :
What you need to do is grow some balls!

So true... seeing that Horus removed Seth's testicles...
Yow Seth, I must say you're 1 persistent mtf. You stick for getting it your way and won't budge till you do - I can certainly respect that. It's a double edge sword though. Good if you have support for your cause, bad if you don't as you already know.
It is a touchy subject you raised. Basically you're not only attacking a game that proclaims itself as a simulator but also, indirectly, all the people who play it. Insult their intelligence so to speak. This is the reason for some of the personal attacks on you, others being a response to your attacking attitude. That doesn't justify them, especially since you raised a valid point. And it's next to impossible to talk constructive in these conditions.

I trust my instinct that you're reasonable guy that got distracted by meaningless posts. That's why I'll explain two issues that bother you:

Firstly - LFS will NEVER be realistic with Force mode. Yes, true. You could have said 'LFS will NEVER be realistic' and still be correct. Simply because realism only exist in reality.
So, what you were probably thinking about is appearance of reality or simulation of reality aka simulator. LFS will NEVER be a simulator with Force mode. True?
If so, and this is important, forces view can be disabled making the game how you want it.
Which brings me to your second issue:

Force mode is an advantage - it's not. I know you've gotten a lot of 'it's not an advantage' etc., but not a single 'why'. Clearly the 'why' part is what you're after. Chupacabras84 and Si Mclaren slightly touched the 'why' btw, but nowhere near.
What if I prove to you that its not an advantage. In what you say it's advantageous: tire position, usage of track, more sight. Would you still ask for its partial removal even when it can simply be turned off?

I ask you beforehand because it's time consuming for me to present proof. And if your answer to second question is yes, it would be meaningless.
Quote from S.E.T.H :how come i'd be slow if i am only 2 seconds away from wr only around my 250th laps?

damn omg this guy has no brain probably. i said it 100 times under this thread, that there obviously are faster people than me. some of them faster by fair racing, some of them uses force mode probably.

and force mode being usable in hotlaps (a place where there must be no doubt) is just bullshit

Well, if you attempt to do a hotlap, you will be doing hundreds of runs one after the other. Between runs you tend to tweak your setup. If you are a racer that uses the f-mode to check the new behaviour of the tyres, the suspension or such, you quickly press 'F' to check, press it again and probably restart the run.
Now, if F-Mode is removed in Hotlap mode, and you wanted to quickly check your setup-tweaks, you are required to quit hotlap mode, start single player (Practice), warm your tyres, check the forces, quit single player, start hotlap mode, and so forth.
It would be a nightmare!

And since no one is really interested in running the actual hotlap with f-mode on, nobody even got the idea it could be used as an advantage and thus requested its removal from the hotlap mode.
Ok guys, go ahead and feed the troll !!!

Whenever he's posting more pathetic stuff, go ahead and argue with him! And please do try to explain your point of view to him!

Where's a smiley that points a gun to it's head when you need it?

I'm outta here!
Quote from Nilex :Yow Seth, I must say you're 1 persistent mtf. You stick for getting it your way and won't budge till you do - I can certainly respect that. It's a double edge sword though. Good if you have support for your cause, bad if you don't as you already know.
It is a touchy subject you raised. Basically you're not only attacking a game that proclaims itself as a simulator but also, indirectly, all the people who play it. Insult their intelligence so to speak. This is the reason for some of the personal attacks on you, others being a response to your attacking attitude. That doesn't justify them, especially since you raised a valid point. And it's next to impossible to talk constructive in these conditions.

I trust my instinct that you're reasonable guy that got distracted by meaningless posts. That's why I'll explain two issues that bother you:

Firstly - LFS will NEVER be realistic with Force mode. Yes, true. You could have said 'LFS will NEVER be realistic' and still be correct. Simply because realism only exist in reality.
So, what you were probably thinking about is appearance of reality or simulation of reality aka simulator. LFS will NEVER be a simulator with Force mode. True?
If so, and this is important, forces view can be disabled making the game how you want it.
Which brings me to your second issue:

Force mode is an advantage - it's not. I know you've gotten a lot of 'it's not an advantage' etc., but not a single 'why'. Clearly the 'why' part is what you're after. Chupacabras84 and Si Mclaren slightly touched the 'why' btw, but nowhere near.
What if I prove to you that its not an advantage. In what you say it's advantageous: tire position, usage of track, more sight. Would you still ask for its partial removal even when it can simply be turned off?

I ask you beforehand because it's time consuming for me to present proof. And if your answer to second question is yes, it would be meaningless.

i'll reply your points one by one. thanks for the comment btw. thanks for reading and understanding almost all my points.

-seems like i have support. i got 2 votes of 5 stars for my thread, obviously one five stars from me, 3 five stars in total. (oh they'll vote 1* now too bad)

also about supporting, if you like something, you dont voice it, if you hate something, you voice it. its like calling an internet company for your problems, but not calling them to congratulate them for their good work, if you dont have any problems. i am sure there are people that keep their silence but supporting me.

-i never said LFS is real, nor would it be real. being realistic and being real is 2 different things. therefore LFS will never be realistic (or will be less realistic) with force mode.

-what if you prove me. hm, you will not be able to prove it. so, as long as its available in hotlap mode, there will always be doubts. because nobody knows for sure who gets advantage of it and who does not.

also, i'll never believe to a guy who says it does not provide advantage. its like catching a guy in F1 asking him whether if he uses jet fuel to go faster or not, he'll say he doesn't, for sure. (this is only an example)

-if you can prove me, you'll need to record all of those hotlaps done without F mode on. that'd be impossible for sure. so i am afraid you'll never be able to prove this to me.
Quote from Torben :Well, if you attempt to do a hotlap, you will be doing hundreds of runs one after the other. Between runs you tend to tweak your setup. If you are a racer that uses the f-mode to check the new behaviour of the tyres, the suspension or such, you quickly press 'F' to check, press it again and probably restart the run.
Now, if F-Mode is removed in Hotlap mode, and you wanted to quickly check your setup-tweaks, you are required to quit hotlap mode, start single player (Practice), warm your tyres, check the forces, quit single player, start hotlap mode, and so forth.
It would be a nightmare!

And since no one is really interested in running the actual hotlap with f-mode on, nobody even got the idea it could be used as an advantage and thus requested its removal from the hotlap mode.

i talked about this, bring a test/setup environment in game, and put all of the features in there.

and i don't really know why we are able to see if brake help, auto clutch etc is used in hotlaps and we are not able to see if F mode is used or not.
Quote from rediske :Ok guys, go ahead and feed the troll !!!

Whenever he's posting more pathetic stuff, go ahead and argue with him! And please do try to explain your point of view to him!

Where's a smiley that points a gun to it's head when you need it?

I'm outta here!

All hope is gone, i posted subtle hint on page 2, yet nobody gave a ****. Nobody will. Everyone is bored.

This is one of the dullest threads since the guy, who claimed, that low fps cause you to drive slower times online.
If i was a mod, i'd lock this and ban everyone, who posted here (including me), for a month.

Guess that's why i'm not a mod.
#291 - col
Quote from S.E.T.H :how come i'd be slow if i am only 2 seconds away from wr only around my 250th laps?

2 seconds is a significant time difference for 1 lap.
You should consider yourself slow until you are within 1 second, but not fast until you are within maybe half a second. from there, each tenth of a second is going to be a major milestone.
Quote :
i said it 100 times under this thread, that there obviously are faster people than me. some of them faster by fair racing, some of them uses force mode probably.

And you have implied more than once - and just did again - that the faster ones are cheating by using F view.
I and others have explained that forces mode will not give a fast driver a lap time advantage - it's a fact!
You've said it makes you faster - but then you are 2 seconds off the WR, which means you are slow.

You're slow, you're whining, you're accusing others of cheating because they are better than you and you're making a damn fool of yourself by refusing to accept that you are wrong when you clearly are.

Great way to make new friends when you join a web community.
I can prove as i said. Based on empirical scientific measurement. You could test yourself. All i ask is if you accept the proof, then your argument for partial removal becomes invalid as it does not provide advantage. You need to agree with me on this.
As for realism: turning force view off makes game acceptably realistic for you as I understand.

One more thing that i just thought of: you know force view does not change car's characteristics, right?
Quote from Nilex :I can prove as i said. Based on empirical scientific measurement. You could test yourself. All i ask is if you accept the proof, then your argument for partial removal becomes invalid as it does not provide advantage. You need to agree with me on this.
As for realism: turning force view off makes game acceptably realistic for you as I understand.

One more thing that i just thought of: you know force view does not change car's characteristics, right?

i know it doesnt change car's characteristics.

yeah turning f mode off makes it more realistic and affordable.

if you can really prove me that the people are not using it online + in hotlaps to get advantage, i'll stop mu course.
Quote from S.E.T.H :i know it doesnt change car's characteristics.

if you can really prove me that the people are not using it online + in hotlaps to get advantage, i'll stop the case.

And how will you prove it that they ARE using it? They are faster because of practise and skill, NOT because of this force mode.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :That should be enough...

one guy will not be enough, there are the ones that use and get advantage of it.

there are ones that does not use it + no other cheats and really fast respective people. >> the guy in the video drops in latter group probably.
Someone must close this thread...
Quote from S.E.T.H :one guy will not be enough, there are the ones that use and get advantage of it.

there are ones that does not use it + no other cheats and really fast respective people. >> the guy in the video drops in latter group probably.

A different view isn't cheating, im just showing to you that alot of the fast guys use the cockpit view, some don't but i've never heard of any of them using force mode, i've been in some of the top teams in live for speed and none of those guys used it either, it's just something you are thinking in your head.

USE THE VIEW YOU LIKE BEST AND GET ON WITH IT.
This thread is closed

LFS will NEVER be realistic with Force mode.
(345 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG