The online racing simulator
Survival of the fittest
(23 posts, started )
#1 - Micha
Survival of the fittest
Wow....

I feel like a real retard posting up my lame movies now.

Gorgeous!
Er, filesize? I'm at work, it could be detrimental to my employment.
it's 37mb
:jawdrop: Honestly :jawdrop: I'm speechless.
Such a simple idea, but, :jawdrop:

Everyone's gotta see this.
Micha, put a link to LFS.net on it, so we can get this out into the wider public domain. If something like this vid doesn't instantly get every red blooded male or female heading to LFS then nothing will.

Simply fantastic, the best i've ever seen

downloading the rest of your vids now
#6 - Vain
Quote from Mazz4200 :Simply fantastic, the best i've ever seen

Did I see a different video than you?
The one I got was very basic, rather boring, had horrible background noise (the credits called it "music") and was generally just a gathering of most effects the editing software seemed to offer.

Vain
#7 - Micha
Quote from Vain :Did I see a different video than you?
The one I got was very basic, rather boring, had horrible background noise (the credits called it "music") and was generally just a gathering of most effects the editing software seemed to offer.

Vain

Wow....thank you for the flowers. Why not try your own one with all the effects the editing software offers? And show me what real music is!
I'm not sure the dnb/chillout music is the right choice (a bit too relaxing IMO), but nonetheless not a bad one by any means. Video itself is gorgeous!
Quote from Vain :Did I see a different video than you?

Vain

Each to his own i guess , but, yeah i stand by everything i said, such a simple idea, one track, one car, and the music was a perfect match,(i like the music too) and the editing was seamless. Its the most professional looking vid i've seen so far.
I have had a few idea's for my own vid, so i've been having a look at as many as i could find, and in my most humble opinion this is the best i've seen.
But, if you didnt think it was'nt anything special then no worries, i guess thats what makes life the thing it is, we're all the same, yet, we're all different
I cant say the vid is bad , cause it isnt... very nice work....(I couldnt do the same)
but it just doesnt float my boat...
BTW: IMO music isn't good
I haven't a clue what this video is about, LOL. I'm at work on my Celeron 1.2 with not even 3d graphics, so, it can't even play. I watched the LFS for Lovers vid you did at work and wasn't too impressed. Then when I took it home and could actually see it, wow. Then I knew what it was about, hehehe. Can't wait until I get home to watch this one. As well as the others in your link. Very nice quality on your vids, at least if you have better than a Celeron 1.2 with no 3d graphics, LOL
Some people like it...some don't...thats life. But if you spend hours of doing such a movie and someone just put it down with stupid arguments like "this is no music!" or other very subjective statements, it is a bit hurting. The music in my movies are the most important thing. I am always inspired by the music first and then think about how the movie could look like. I always try to do my best in mounting the pics to the dynamic of the music. If u watch this movie u can find many small things that fit to the music. And because the music is no mainstream it doesnt mean it is bad.
So everyone has his own oppinion, especially related to music. But just say the music is not woth to be called music...well thats is...just stupid. I am referring to Vains post.
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
#13 - Vain
I wasn't going to answer, but I really don't like it when people imply things into my posts I never intended.
I'd like to answer to two of the responses to my reply:
I didn't say that the background noise didn't deserve the term music. I said that I personally don't recognize it as such. As it was said in this thread, to each his own. I'm a fairly open minded person when it comes to music but still I do have my preferances.
On a small sidenote I'm rather unpleased that you, Micha, put the quote "this is no music!" in your reply when later saying that you refer to my post, even though I never said anything like that and it is most surely not a quote from my post. You propably misunderstood the tone my reply was written in and, as a conclusion, read implications I never intended. But I assume you didn't want to imply that I said anything like that and that the appearance of that quote is more just a misreading on my side.
Refering to Schooner I'd like to say that I never said or implied that I'd be in any way better in videoediting. I don't even own a video editing software. On the other hand this doesn't have to mean that I enjoy every movie someone else with better skill did or that I may not express my opinion about the works of other people. Music is a nice analogon here. I don't sing myself, yet there are singers I don't like to hear. In a similar manner I don't edit videos myself, yet there are videos I don't like to watch.

As a conclusion I take it that I didn't see a different movie. Obviously this is merely a rather gaping difference in preferances. I recognize and respect your opinion about the video, but have a different opinion myself.

Vain
A video that my computer plays like a slideshow awsome
NICE video - nice hosting solid 250kb/s
Vain,

That's all well and good that the movie doesn't fit your taste preferences. Each to their own.

But next time, you could be a little bit nicer about sharing your opinion on someones work that has taken them hours to do. It's just a little thing called common courtesy... I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate someone commenting on your hard work with "it was very basic, rather boring, had horrible background noise (the credits called it "music") and was generally just a gathering of most effects the editing software seemed to offer."

Very rude IMO.
I like it, but the filming style (first person view sped up in monochrome) makes it look the entire time like it's an intro to the video proper, ya know? (See also: TSR track guide intro) I kept waiting and waiting for the real video, and it never came. It was well done, but that was kinda weird.
Quote from paxosmotic :I like it, but the filming style (first person view sped up in monochrome) makes it look the entire time like it's an intro to the video proper, ya know? (See also: TSR track guide intro) I kept waiting and waiting for the real video, and it never came. It was well done, but that was kinda weird.

Well...there are million movies out there showing always the same racing action. What about something different from time to time?
You know, I think paxosmotic is right....
it does feel like an intro....
if Micha would make a video of a 25h race (not 25h video) and this would be an intro - it would be fantastic
Quote from squidhead :You know, I think paxosmotic is right....
it does feel like an intro....
if Micha would make a video of a 25h race (not 25h video) and this would be an intro - it would be fantastic

Well this movie is just advertisement for the "25 h race" located in the Bavarian Forest. 15 Teams will fight for the crown in November. I will record some impressions of all these crazy guys while they are driving and mix it to this movie. But it is still along time till then.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Micha :Well...there are million movies out there showing always the same racing action. What about something different from time to time?

No! Every video must be exactly the same, don't you get it! Where are the phat driftz?!? illepall
Woah... amazing. I'd rank this (combined with the "Dreams come true" because they're besicly same movie ) top 5 LFS movies ever. Technically just so smoothly and professionally done. Though could've been a bit longer, why don't you combine parts of this and from "Dreams come true" to one longer movie?

Music choice was good too, that kind of instrumental music fits this kind of movies perfectly.
Why haven't I seen it before

I liked it

Survival of the fittest
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG