The online racing simulator
What's wrong with watching 22 hairy-chested, muscular men groping at each other, trying to "fall onto" the guy carrying the pig-skin egg?

Nah, big fan for a couple of years now... Besides, it's the most interesting thing happening in the hiatus motorsport takes over the winter... Watched or DVR-ed almost every game they broadcasted over here (1 per week), I even went to the World Cup Finals this year...
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Zero time for basketball (worst sport ever imo), hockey is Red Wings playoffs only, baseball live games only.

As much as I hate basketball, I hate soccer more.

Quote from bbman :Besides, it's the most interesting thing happening in the hiatus motorsport takes over the winter... Watched or DVR-ed almost every game they broadcasted over here (1 per week), I even went to the World Cup Finals this year...

What about hockey? That's way more interesting! :P
Quote from Bose321 :Is it just as awesome as nascar?

Quote from Forbin :Mainstream American sports?

Quote from MAGGOT :Ah well... Lacrosse and Rugby are both better sports anyways.

I'm of the opinion that all sports are equal in quality. That goes down the line from F1 to IndyCar to Baseball to Football to Soccer (or real football ) to NASCAR to well, golf might be a different topic, but in general all of the high speed or action sports are just the same as far as excitment. It just depends on what the person watching it's opinion of the sport is and how into it they get.

-I get deeply into NASCAR for some reason. I find it exciting, especially live. I love cars and driving and I understand what it takes to drive a car like they drive in traffic on the edge. I grew up with it too, so it's been bred into my blood.

-I get deeply into baseball. I find it exciting to play due to the strategy that goes into pitching and hitting (I pitch in High School baseball and play 2nd base) and because of that I love it.

-I have grown to hate Football because it sucks athletes out of other sports when it's not even in season. I can't stand to watch it. I'm not saying it's not exciting, but I just don't get into it.

-Hockey is fun live, but I don't get into it because I don't relate to it.

-Basketball is something I've also disliked for the same reason as football, but not as badly. It's the attitude and showmanship of the game that I dislike. It's exciting, but I just can't get into it.

-Soccer (football) I love playing. I've been a goalie and a full-back in high school. I like to watch it, but I don't have a team to pull for as much and I never have had experiance with top level soccer. I just don't have anybody to pull for.

-IndyCar and other motorsports are definitly fun to watch for the same reasons as NASCAR, but I just didn't grow up with the those forms of racing so they all just feel like a knock off of NASCAR. IndyCar is fun to watch live, but the sound is lacking, and all motorsports are fun to watch. I just don't get into it as much as I do NASCAR and MLB.
Quote from Cornys :I'm of the opinion that all sports are equal in quality.

That's a fairly sensible point of view. I still hate basketball and soccer, but it's a sensible point of view.

I grew up with NASCAR (among other motor sports) too, and I was big into it when I was a kid, but I just don't give a toss about it now. I find it dull now. I also grew up with F1, but I haven't payed much attention to that, either, sicne about '98 or so. At the moment, the thing I go most out of my way to watch is the WRC. I find it more exciting. I also still love my endurance/sports car racing, I like touring car racing and V8s (barely touring cars...) but I don't watch any of them much anymore. I like lacrosse but I never watch it on TV, don't know most of the rules, and I've only been to two games live... which were both awesome.
Quote from MAGGOT :As much as I hate basketball, I hate soccer more.

How is it possible that someone might hate soccer? And why the hell you call real football as soccer?
Quote from PartyBoyU :How is it possible that someone might hate soccer? And why the hell you call real football as soccer?

1. Because I find it incredibly boring. Incredibly, mind-numbingly boring.

2. Because Soccer, American Football and Rugby are all forms of "football," and the term "football" is used in different ways regionally. In my region, "football" generally refers to Canadian and/or American football, and soccer refers to "Association Football." Read up. "Football" is not one sport, it is a term for a group of sports. Much the same as a Panther is not one kind of animal, it is a designation for several different large cats (Jaguar, Leopard and Cougar).
Yeah, but actually american "football" is ... handegg...In european meaning there is only one meaning for football....and that is just football, i do not know why you americans have to make simple things so comlicated always.
Quote from -NightFly- :Yeah, but actually american "football" is ... handegg...In european meaning there is only one meaning for football....and that is just football, i do not know why you americans have to make simple things so comlicated always.

Guess what? Europe isn't the whole world.

(Not often an American gets to say that to someone instead of the other way around.)
Quote from -NightFly- :Yeah, but actually american "football" is ... handegg...In european meaning there is only one meaning for football....and that is just football, i do not know why you americans have to make simple things so comlicated always.

In Europe it also means American football, Australian rules football, Canadian football, Gaelic football, rugby league, rugby union; same as everywhere else.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Guess what? Europe isn't the whole world.

(Not often an American gets to say that to someone instead of the other way around.)

haah ,
Good point.

Quote from MAGGOT :In Europe it also means American football, Australian rules football, Canadian football, Gaelic football, rugby league, rugby union; same as everywhere else.

Yes ofcourse ....according to a dictionary of some sort, but if you speak or write about football in public in europe...then again we are not the world (though football was invented in europe).
Quote from MAGGOT :In Europe it also means American football, Australian rules football, Canadian football, Gaelic football, rugby league, rugby union; same as everywhere else.

must say u are wrong my friend
I'm being pedantic. It's technically correct, but it's not common usage :P
Every time someone mentiones the word "soccer" on an international site the discussion turns to an offtopic argument about what's the correct term. Not sometimes, every frickin' time. Even by internet standards this is a pretty lame thing to argue about.
Quote from Kalev EST :Every time someone mentiones the word "soccer" on an international site the discussion turns to an offtopic argument about what's the correct term. Not sometimes, every frickin' time. Even by internet standards this is a pretty lame thing to argue about.

Exactly my thoughts.
And then it turns into people arguing whether people should argue about the term for football, etc.... LOL
As almost every US sport, which was taken from original and "americanised" for better atractivity (lol), it sucks.
Only thing this sport has common with rugby, is the shape of the eggball, rest is just pile of nonsense built around it. It goes against all basic rules of rugby, twists them around and presents it as top notch sport for masses (which alone says something).

Everyone, who saw this years Rugby WC on New Zealand and then compared it to NFL, should know, what i'm talking about.

And Superbowl is nothing more than nipple slips, middle fingers, jet fighters and only thing, on which average US employee is creative at - advertisements.

*sigh*
Quote from Kid222 :As almost every US sport, which was taken from original and "americanised" for better atractivity (lol), it sucks.
Only thing this sport has common with rugby, is the shape of the eggball, rest is just pile of nonsense built around it. It goes against all basic rules of rugby, twists them around and presents it as top notch sport for masses (which alone says something).

Everyone, who saw this years Rugby WC on New Zealand and then compared it to NFL, should know, what i'm talking about.

And Superbowl is nothing more than nipple slips, middle fingers, jet fighters and only thing, on which average US employee is creative at - advertisements.

*sigh*

This is a pretty dumb post.

Rugby and American football are almost entirely unrelated at this point. It's completely apples to oranges to compare them.
I quite enjoy the strategy and the analysis with the overlaid "chalkboard" showing who was doing what, and why.

The sedate pace of play makes it an ideal sport to watch whilst working.
Well... I watched American Football pretty much all the season to get over the time between German's Association Football League matches are played and their summaries are televised. The only matches I really care to watch were the Matches of Team Germany at the American Football World Cup and the Superbowl. I also had to laugh how Team Canada (with a few CFL veterans) failed in the World Cup Final against Team USA (with mainly NCAA Div 3 Players) American Football has been relatively big over here, if you see that five of six franchises of NFL Europe were located in Germany when it folded. 750.000 people watched the Superbowl in Germany. It is one fifth of all people watching television between 0:00 and 4:15 that night.

After the Superbowl this year I can say that the German (American) Football League is not that bad (damn, how many 12-men-flags have been thrown!).

Also the NCAA and NFL games are good to do homeworks parallely.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :The sedate pace of play makes it an ideal sport to watch whilst working.

Baseball is another sport that is great to watch while working .
Quote from MAGGOT :As much as I hate basketball, I hate soccer more.

Lame-o.

Quote from Cornys : I never have had experiance with top level soccer. I just don't have anybody to pull for.

Columbus?

Quote from TFalke55 :
After the Superbowl this year I can say that the German (American) Football League is not that bad (damn, how many 12-men-flags have been thrown!).

That's not normal at all. Don't know why there were so many in that game.
Quote from TFalke55 :Well... I watched American Football pretty much all the season to get over the time between German's Association Football League matches are played and their summaries are televised. The only matches I really care to watch were the Matches of Team Germany at the American Football World Cup and the Superbowl. I also had to laugh how Team Canada (with a few CFL veterans) failed in the World Cup Final against Team USA (with mainly NCAA Div 3 Players) American Football has been relatively big over here, if you see that five of six franchises of NFL Europe were located in Germany when it folded. 750.000 people watched the Superbowl in Germany. It is one fifth of all people watching television between 0:00 and 4:15 that night.

Also the NCAA and NFL games are good to do homeworks parallely.

Had no idea the World Championships even existed. Pretty fascinating. And Japan doing so well!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :This is a pretty dumb post.

Rugby and American football are almost entirely unrelated at this point. It's completely apples to oranges to compare them.

Very angry and drunk post. Shouldn't write it. It will stay there for my shame.
Quote from Kid222 :Very angry and drunk post. Shouldn't write it. It will stay there for my shame.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG