The online racing simulator
Sim Racing to Real Racing - Have you done it?
Just a question that's been intriguing me recently with GT Academy doing quite well and other programs mimicking that.

How many of you guys have starting on sim racing and then gone onto invest in your own racing car? If not yourself, someone you know. And by 'starting in sim racing' I mean no previous experience in karts/cars.
#2 - senn
do you mean a fully specc'd race car, or modifying a car to compete at club level events ie weekend motorkhana/autokhana/skidpan/track days?
anything above doing track days in your normal road car.
#4 - JJ72
only tracked some prepped cars and once in a formula renault, but then already have karting experience long ago.
I did Real Racing to Sim Racing
#7 - senn
I bet it's cheaper!
#8 - Mysho
Quote from TypeRacing :I did Real Racing to Sim Racing

Exactly, I did karts to sim racing, simply because we ran out of money...
Lfs drifting to real drifting..

2010 amateur 3rd place
2011 pro class 2nd place (should have been champ but due to mech problems couldn't make one round)
Sim Racing to 12 months of karting back to Sim Racing.

Wallet wasn't deep enough it seems
Sim racing since 95, real racing only from 97-01. Something happened in the family in 01, cash flow went down massively and haven't been stable enough since. Sucks, I was quite good.
Quote from Intrepid :
How many of you guys have starting on sim racing and then gone onto invest in your own racing car? If not yourself, someone you know. And by 'starting in sim racing' I mean no previous experience in karts/cars.

Norbi Kiss.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG