The online racing simulator
Quote from Jakg :How can it reduce the stress on the alternator?

Think about it - a cap can hold very *very* little power. As soon as it's discharged, it'll have to suck that power up from the alt anyway.

so why did they invent it if it doesnt do shit? just think about the pounding bass,and the electricity going thru cables,wheres it coming from and where it ends up etc.
14 packs (150 kg ) of this:

the delivery guy wasnt all to happy
There is going to be an awful lot of shit!
there always is...
Quote from e2mustang :so why did they invent it if it doesnt do shit? just think about the pounding bass,and the electricity going thru cables,wheres it coming from and where it ends up etc.

because theres a ton of inductance bewteen the alternator and battery in the front of the car and the amps in the rear and you need to offset that with some capacitance to be able to draw current spikes
Quote from e2mustang :so why did they invent it if it doesnt do shit?

Did you really need to ask that? There are hundreds of products on the market that do nothing, but that people still buy!
Quote from e2mustang :just think about the pounding bass,and the electricity going thru cables,wheres it coming from and where it ends up etc.

It's all still coming from one place - the alternator.
Guessing using it for cleaning up oil (dehydrated clay, same thing as oil dry), do I win a prize?
Quote from e2mustang :so why did they invent it if it doesnt do shit? just think about the pounding bass,and the electricity going thru cables,wheres it coming from and where it ends up etc.

Quote from Jakg :Did you really need to ask that? There are hundreds of products on the market that do nothing, but that people still buy!

Its not actually made for what people think its made for, its not supposed to help the drain on your system or any of that crap, its just what a lot of people use it for which is actually bad for your electrical supply.
They are made to clean up voltage spikes in your car. If you read the link i provided before it explains that.

DO NOT GET A CAPACITOR. It is not needed in this situation, it will do more harm then good.
ok what is the verdict...

if i install the system and it is doing something (what is that something) should i install it?

is it not needed for this application?

how much will it run me? how hard is it to install?
You install your sound system and when the bass hits your lights dim.

You can either A) Get a capacitor (roughly £70 here), put it in, fixes your dimming lights but is actually bad for your car.

Or
B) Do the big three, buy the cable (roughly about £30-£40 here), and maybe an hour or so of your time to do it. Which will fix your dimming headlights and actually help your cars electrical system.

Edit: it's not hard to do big 3, all you need to do is cut wires to length, solder or crimp them and then just undo a few nuts and bolts on your car and attach the wires. Really not hard.
is that the biased against capacitor advice? how sure are you that the capacitor is bad?
Spent the last year and a bit trolling the Internet about car sound systems, and ive read about capacitors more times I care to remember. Not to mention I used to have one, and my voltage use to actually be worse in my car after I'd put it in. I'd get a slightly bigger voltage dro with it.
Quote from Migz :You install you're sound system and when the bass hits your lights dim.

oooh, human soundsystem! so you beatbox in your'e car?

Quote :Not to mention I used to have one, and my voltage use to actually be worse in my car after I'd put it in.

In all fairness, I wouldn't exactly take this as prime advice... having read about you and your ventures into buying all kinds of shit.... I'm pretty sure it was down to the capacitor you bought, or how you installed it
^__^
If the capacitor makes a big bang and all the magic smoke gets out you wired it up backwards.
Quote from Fuse5 :oooh, human soundsystem! so you beatbox in your'e car?

That doesn't even make any sense?

Quote from Fuse5 :
In all fairness, I wouldn't exactly take this as prime advice... having read about you and your ventures into buying all kinds of shit.... I'm pretty sure it was down to the capacitor you bought, or how you installed it
^__^

Okay then, well i guess the fact I've given a link that explains why not to use them is not prime advice.
Also head over to http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/
then go down to the electrical section and do a search for all threads with Capacitor in the title. You'll find a fair few, and they all explain why not to use one.
Quote from KiRmelius :Seriously, why do you need so much shitsand?

well for my cats?
reason why so much is simple.
this is the best cat litter ive found, and always got it from a local store.
now, they dont sell it anymore, so my only chance is to order it over the web.
and since the site i got it from did offer a 10% discount for new customers i did order quite a bit...so in the end 2 packs came for free and i dont need to worry about it for at least 1 year.

ps: i never said it was short, just simple

Quote from stan.distortion :Guessing using it for cleaning up oil (dehydrated clay, same thing as oil dry), do I win a prize?

awww...no.
Damn, I was hoping for a medal That's a whole load of little cat sausages
a ticket to there :

and a shitloads of drinks in there....
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :well for my cats?
reason why so much is simple.
this is the best cat litter ive found, and always got it from a local store.
now, they dont sell it anymore, so my only chance is to order it over the web.
and since the site i got it from did offer a 10% discount for new customers i did order quite a bit...so in the end 2 packs came for free and i dont need to worry about it for at least 1 year.

ps: i never said it was short, just simple

awww...no.

Okay. Have you at least made a really creepy smile when taking it from delivery guy?
Quote from Migz :That doesn't even make any sense?

just a reference to your broken grammar in that post i quoted
amusing that you still didn't get it, even when i emphasized it by breaking it even more
^___^
true brit

Quote from -NightFly- :AT lol

hahahahahahah
u mad bro
whyyyyyy
ah nice one, will bookmark that one! if that doesn't get the point across, i dont know what will
Quote from KiRmelius :Okay. Have you at least made a really creepy smile when taking it from delivery guy?

not quite
but he asked if it was on sale why or why i ordered so much
i said...kinda
Quote from Fuse5 :ah nice one, will bookmark that one! if that doesn't get the point across, i dont know what will

don't ..l..

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG