The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
Quote from JJ72 :i am maxing it at 1080i with my GT570, it's a gorgeous game, not only in terms of graphical power but the lighting engine is something else, I think it's the only photorealistic looking racing game on PC.

Are you using CRT or DLP TV?
And don't you mean GTX 570?
yeah the GTX 570. with just a cheapo HP 2159M LCD monitor.
Quote from JJ72 :yeah the GTX 570. with just a cheapo HP 2159M LCD monitor.

That is 1080p.
Quote from Myffe :So how is this when compared to lfs?

Also what kind of damage model it has, couldnt find any vids of it

Dunno what you want to hear? (compared in graphics, physics, damage, modding or whatever)

It's really unfair to compare these games ATM because well it's a pre alpha. Big physics updates come almost every build ATM. They still lay down the basics. There is ATM not really anything to be called finished and will be in that form in the final game.

But already the physics are good. The FFB lacks (but every build comes with anoter FFB update and it goes into the right direction).

The graphics are... AWWWWWWW (just take a look at the (fully animated) springs of this car) Then again there is still a lot of stuff missing or not textured at all. But overall awesome (and if I think about upcoming weather, tiere deformation, 24h time cycles, objects... etc etc... :tilt

About damage, it's a big no no ATM. Collisions are terrible (just today a CART crashed ME a couple of times (trying to push a cart, cart doesn't get faster and I crash. Driving beside the cart, it steers into me on a straight and I spin. btw I was driving one of the strange 24h le mans cars ther :really. Then again they are working on it.

You just should get it just for reading the forum, like how the art director argues with photographers about how the game should look like. Very entertaining. Also the stuff chainging and seeing how fast stuff develops is astonishing.

It's defenitely worth at least 10€
latest build 144 is available for junior members as well What do you guys think of the improvements? my wheel has been out of commission for about a week.
still downloading, there's new silverstone in this build, nice
Downloaded it at the office today (shhh, don't tell my boss!) and if I'm lucky I'll get a little seat time in this weekend. We'll see...
the ffb seems to have taken a backwards step,in the turns the car just loses all ffb until you run wide and run over the kerbs or you striaghten the car out,seems to be 1 step forward and 2 back with the ffb at the mo
Tango
ps. DFGT user
Recently I've spent a lot of time playing Shift 2 Unleashed, and with a steering mod (not sure about the version, but it made the game enjoyable) it's good fun, nothing like LFS, but it's a good arcade with nice tracks and even nicer cars.

What I would like to know is, how does Project CARS compare to Shift 2? Is the highly distracting "collision grey-screen" present? What about collision stuttering? Shift 2 becomes unplayable when any collision occurs (confirmed on the nogrip forums, haven't found a fix for it yet).

I'll probably buy the 10€ package soon, but I'd still like to hear from somebody who played Shift 2.
Thanks in advance!
These were all complaints by members that SMS fixed.
I was testing the new Formula A at Imola, and decided to enable 15 opponents to see how the FPS were like. The FPS didn't change at all, stucked at 30 with everything at minimum (no v-sync)

Then, during my race against all car classes, I overtook someone called Ralph Hummerich and a smile appeared in my face. I went straight away to Google to see if he works at SMS and discovered that he is the author of the Formula A. I'll be happy for a week now that he is working there

Oh, how I mis F1 Challenge good old times
Since last friday C.A.R.S. includes the LeMans track. (in an early stage)

The wip name is 'Loir' and it's the long (historic?) layout >13km. Anyone know about the history? Is it that layout still used these days?
Quote from rediske :Since last friday C.A.R.S. includes the LeMans track. (in an early stage)

The wip name is 'Loir' and it's the long (historic?) layout >13km. Anyone know about the history? Is it that layout still used these days?

Since the track reference for the very basic layout is taken out of google maps I would say it's the same layout as the current 24H LeMans cuircut.

Btw, why does this goddamn game get sexyer every build

Attached images
01.jpg
For anyone who's following this Build 154 is out.
I get my arse kicked by merely 80% strength AI, tips???
Whats new in the latest build?
Thanks mate
1.67million euros in the bank. Not bad.
Judging from the video, it's horrible.
Not sure if above is joking og serious
Either way, looks like good fun! The AI seems to not be completely bone-headed too!
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Judging from the video, it's horrible.

simple solution: don't go there!

(game details were down so low that my machine could handle game, loads of AI and fraps...)

Quote from The Very End :Not sure if above is joking og serious
Either way, looks like good fun! The AI seems to not be completely bone-headed too!

It is fun! AI are adjustable in many many ways and not to forget it's in alpha stage atm...
How do you feel the physics are now? Does it feel like driving a car?

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG