The online racing simulator
Maybe its the color of the angular shape of the ferrari but it looks kind of cool imho. Mclaren is just usual and the caterham and the force india have more rounder version of the alligator nose (I like the sound of alligator nose better than platypus) which makes the latter two more or less ugly. But the sharper and angular shape of the ferrari makes it look much better.

Caterham has been the ugliest car so far by a large margin though.
I think the Force India humps look best, but it's ruined by the camera placement. I assume they put the cameras so far up so that they protect the front of the car?

As for the Ferrari, God is it bad. The nose reminds me of a spatchula for some reason. The back of the car looks interesting, but by no means is it beautiful IMO.
Bad news for Sauber...

Oh, and btw, the Ferrari is the ugliest car IMO. It would only look better if the white bits were black.
Since when did Formula 1 or any kind of autosport for that matter turn into a fashion show?

look where dif in and chrg is positioned they r running out of space!! lol

could put a sponsor on that massive lip
Quote from Stiggie :Since when did Formula 1 or any kind of autosport for that matter turn into a fashion show?

Well they hardly look aerodynamic do they?
Quote from Rappa Z :Well they hardly look aerodynamic do they?

Not sure if sarcastic or..

Anyway, I'm sure having the lower front wings outweighs the aerodynamic disadvantages of the humps on the nose, or else the teams wouldn't have done it in the first place.
The point I was actually making though is that nobody gives a crap anyway about how they look after the first race.. that's why I think it's bs talking about how it looks.
Quote from BreadC :

look where dif in and chrg is positioned they r running out of space!! lol

Lots of cars have had thumb wheels for common functions there for several years. It allows the driver to adjust more things without taking their hands off the wheel.
Quote from spankmeyer :Someone in the Ferrari engineering team.

Oh dear lord let the Mclaren be the fastest so the rubbish stepped noses are killed.

The ferrari nose does indeed look like some engineer was trying to shape the 3d model to something more round but couldn't get it done. Getting nice error messages like "operation is not necessary" or "operation not possible" while trying to change it in the engineering software. Eventually giving up trying to add those little bumps on top of the nose to make room for the suspension. "F*** it, let the suspension team sort this out. Let them do pullrod suspension or something".
I actually think I quite like the Force India's shape. The rest of it is gorgeous and they handled the step about the best it could be handled looks-wise. And the livery is awesome.

While that doesn't translate into speed, it makes me root for them a little harder
I quite like the sharp look of these two cars. Only if the car was wider and the rear wings was wider as well, it would look very much more 80's.
Although it too has the step in the nose, I feel like this has the most graceful one yet...
Not too drastic so it's not bad at all.
Jesus Christ, it's all ugly as ****.
Back to work for McLaren - you would not bet against Newey over a significant area of design.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Back to work for McLaren - you would not bet against Newey over a significant area of design.

Nah, McLaren uses lower front end , so their CG will be lower. Whether or not they are still making use of the airflow at the front end as much as these other 'broken nose' cars remains to be seen but I wouldn't just put all my money on Adrian Newey. Infact, if I was to put my money anywhere it would be on Renault.

Well it will also be interesting to see what the Mercedes looks like.

Those spiney eye like things have been on most F1 cars in the last two years except McLaren and McLaren were still able to get wins. I know the rule changes for this year are more significant but maybe McLarens belief that keeping the top side of the car smooth is still a viable way to design a race winning car.
Yeah because Renault's innovations were massively successful last year weren't they?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Yeah because Renault's innovations were massively successful last year weren't they?

In the beginning of the last season. Yes. Considering Kubica wasn't in the car then either. With Kimi he would extract every last bit from the car, and just look at it, it doesn't look too bad. The cleaner a car looks generally the better it will perform.
Quote from amp88 :What?

You know, in the Gran Turismo games if you wash your car it goes a bit quicker.

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG