The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
Quote from Mysho :wtf, I have phenom II x4 @ 3,2 ghz, gtx470 and 4gb ddr2 ram and yeah, i can run it maxed out, but my native resolution is 1920x1200 and sometimes it's not smooth enough especially on metro and on maps where is 60+ players.

what kind of res you use and what fps exactly do u get?

tested my fps with fraps today, servers with 50+ players, pings around 50 i got 30+ fps. It gets wierd sometimes on jeeps with high speed, but otherwise, playable.
Quote from -NightFly- :tested my fps with fraps today, servers with 50+ players, pings around 50 i got 30+ fps. It gets wierd sometimes on jeeps with high speed, but otherwise, playable.

hmmm... interesting info. thanks for that. I'll have to look a little bit deeper on why it's only around 25fps for me
How much VRAM does your GTX470 has?
I only get around 30+ FPS at 1680x1050 (using a different monitor, usually 1920x1200)(Also seems to run faster at a higher resolution)

I wouldn't say it's enjoyable to play at 30FPS though..

High Textures, rest Medium (Automatic Settings)
had a tube fest
Quote from Uke :TBH, the gunner in the attack chopper should always equip flares.

Depends on your pilot and the other teams jet, we were flying really high so the jet didn't bother us for the whole game, one time he flew near us but we dodged him.
Okay, i think i just made a fool out of myself...My game was not maxed out, it was on high (i seemed to think that high means maxed out), just discovered there is an ultra also, so its a nono on ultra for my pc
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nah you're tripping, ok i could do with 32 maybe on some occasions, but it's perfectly fine..

bleh.. on normal they suck, they are fun in hardcore tho.... driving around in a C4'd jeep and blowing up tanks. that is pic.
Offcourse, hardcore is the only way to go..
Quote from -NightFly- :Okay, i think i just made a fool out of myself...My game was not maxed out, it was on high (i seemed to think that high means maxed out), just discovered there is an ultra also, so its a nono on ultra for my pc

xDDD

Thanks for the heads up.
You're welcome. :goodvibes
After looking at some benchmark charts on toms hardware it's clear that ultra settings are meant for 2 or more GPU setups :P or very low resolutions or 700€ graphics cards :O
Yap, my GTX570soc can't handle Ultra, ok it's playable, but I don't like that the FPS drops below ~50

I play on auto settings and then FSP stays constantly above 60

rest of the pc spec - i5-2500k 3.3Ghz (stock), 8GB ram
i was on ultra with my gtx 560 ti but than after a while it started overheating and i got graphical glitches. but i dont see a difference between ultra and high tbh..
Even if your comp can't handle ultra settings, you should always set atleast the mesh quality on ultra, especially if you fly alot. Setting mesh quality to ultra makes it easier to see infantry targets on the ground.

Also, turn off antialiasing post and install the FXAA injector. Makes the AA look nicer and makes the game have better performance.
Quote from Uke :Even if your comp can't handle ultra settings, you should always set atleast the mesh quality on ultra, especially if you fly alot. Setting mesh quality to ultra makes it easier to see infantry targets on the ground.

Also, turn off antialiasing post and install the FXAA injector. Makes the AA look nicer and makes the game have better performance.

I downgraded from all ultra to all high except of textures and I can see the difference without significant FPS gain, it only stays over 50 with drops under 40, I think I'll just leave it on ultra, it's playable, good looking, I hate FPS drops. I either need stable 25-30 or stable 60, if it gets from 60 to 30 and that's exactly what this game does, it's a horrible feeling for me.

Shame I haven't bought GTX480 instead of 470, would've been a lot better I think. Stupid money ruling this world.
Quote from Mysho :I downgraded from all ultra to all high except of textures and I can see the difference without significant FPS gain, it only stays over 50 with drops under 40, I think I'll just leave it on ultra, it's playable, good looking, I hate FPS drops. I either need stable 25-30 or stable 60, if it gets from 60 to 30 and that's exactly what this game does, it's a horrible feeling for me.

Shame I haven't bought GTX480 instead of 470, would've been a lot better I think. Stupid money ruling this world.

I'm pretty sure gtx480 won't run the game on ultra, as the 560ti doesn't either and I'm pretty sure it's just a rebranded 480.
Nice ending
Anyone up for playing tomorrow night? I'll be on for most of the evening and night I guess :P
add me: eikkuw
can't, need to raid some nightclub tomorrow.
Been playing a lot of the vehicle maps, using my old Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick.

Getting pretty good at flying the choppers and slowly improving my jet skills haha..

What weapons do you all use? I can't seem to find one I like.. Using Engineer with the PP2000.

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG