The online racing simulator
Need for speed 3 hot pursuit.
(26 posts, started )
Hi all.
I know this is an old nfs game but it is one of the best imo.

Now ive been having some trouble with it.
Every time when i click the RACE button, it just freezes. How can i make it stop freezing? Thanks .

Pic of game: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres ... 12&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0
did u already play it on ur current pc?
if so, have u changed any hardware (new cpu, gpu ect).
did u recently update drivers?
Yes i played it before and it worked fine,
No i havent changed any hardware,
and No i havent updated any drivers.

Btw I have windows vista if thats any help to you.
installed mods or such?
its kinda wierd that something stops working all of a sudden when u didnt change a thing...tried a re-install already?
no mods or anything..
Im just re installing now and i will give you new to whether it works or not.
-
(eddy678) DELETED by eddy678 : Dm i fixed the problem
Ok now it has came up with 4 options.
Which one do you think i should choose?

pic: [attach]119829[/attach]
Quote from eddy678 :Ok now it has came up with 4 options.
Which one do you think i should choose?

pic: [ATTACH]119829[/ATTACH]

I'd go for maximum.
Ok ive installed the game.

When i go to properties and change the compatibility mode to windows 98/me, it loads but the fps is very low. and its the same if i select windows 98 but it doesnt load when i select windows XP.
Have you searched the internets for solution? Last time I tried to get nfs3 to run I couldn't get it to work and there were iirc several other people who couldn't get it to work either. That was like 3 or 5 years ago though... Same with sportscar gt. Not worky. Viper racing works fine though

Maybe some special .exe might work but I don't know. I think it needs more than just some special settings to work with xp.
NFS Porsche is better.
Nope Ive tried everything and it still doesn't work >
ugh thankyou all for all of the suggestions but nothing seems to work
Quote from eddy678 :ugh thankyou all for all of the suggestions but nothing seems to work

well the best thing u can do is to install win xp (on dual boot) to play it there...
dont think it would run all that well on a VM.
i used to have a problem like that with some games,turned out it was an incompatible sound card.u can try disabling it see if it works
#18 - JJ72
you lured me to download NFS high stakes again haha
Quote from e2mustang :i used to have a problem like that with some games,turned out it was an incompatible sound card.u can try disabling it see if it works

Yay thanks it works!! But how can i make it work with sound?
do you maybe need some old DirectX runtimes? I remember having to install some when I tried the good old Joint Strike Fighter on Win 7.
Quote from ACCAkut :do you maybe need some old DirectX runtimes? I remember having to install some when I tried the good old Joint Strike Fighter on Win 7.

Nope it still freezes
Ive fixed the sound issue .
Thanks for all of your help guys .
Quote from eddy678 :Ive fixed the sound issue .
Thanks for all of your help guys .

rofl, we help you and you don't tell us how you fixed it.
Quote from Mysho :rofl, we help you and you don't tell us how you fixed it.

Don't you love it? There is probably someone who has the same problem, with the same game, and has been on google for the last couple of hours, trying to solve it. He finds this thread, reads through it, sees that the OP has solved ti with out telling how, and now has had enough and is raging all over the place.

Sad really.
Ok im sorry for not telling you guys how i solved it.

Ok 1st I updated my sound card driver.

Then I changed the game sound settings to Mono with my headphones unplugged because if i left them plugged in, the game will freeze.Then changed my sound card rate to 16 Bit , fired up the game for the 100th time and it worked! .

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG