The online racing simulator
#26 - Jakg
someone got really annoyed after someone fishtailed them, only then did they realise it was Banger Racing!
thank u mate there will be anover banger track on soon !! illepall loonytoons! race ser
#28 - th84
Banger racing used to be so much fun. I remember some good times with the guys from the crc. Nice to see it back, ill have to jump on for some smashing!!
Wish this was available to us Demo racers.

On the odd occasion I've started a "full contact" demo server I've sat there and been the only one who wants a wreck up!!

Now a dedicated 1/4 mile oval with post and wire for LFS - that would be fun.

As soon as I can get S2 licenced - count me on for some roundy roundy smashing
Definately alot of fun. Great when you don't want to/can't plug in the wheel either, you can just as easily do it with a mouse.

Hope the server stays up forever and ever and ever and ever

I remember back in the day there was a similar layout except it was a figure 8 and had a jump in the middle, anyone know where that wound up? That was pretty funny...
Had some good fun banger racing last night. Great when someone jumped in and started flaming all the wreckers:
"FFS it's not demolition Derby, it's LFS" they started ranting.
"Err, actually it IS Demolition derby" a chorus of wreckers shouted back.
I was laughing so much the wife came in to see what was going on
#32 - th84
That figure 8 layout is still around. We got one on one of our server's minus the jump in the middle, the jump could be easily added though
Quote from jtr99 :I'm shocked, Dendy. You seem like the last guy who should get mad at this sort of thing.

i dont take myself out tho
The perils of Banger Racing...
Just come off the server, brilliant fun, just found it today. For a noob like me its nice to have somewhere you can go thats fun but without the pressures you sometimes get with proper racing...

That no pitting rule is a little odd though, is there a particular reason for it?

P.S. Good thing you didnt have any passengers there Al
#37 - joen
hehe, makes the license plate text even more ironic
Quote from manintightpants :Just come off the server, brilliant fun, just found it today. For a noob like me its nice to have somewhere you can go thats fun but without the pressures you sometimes get with proper racing...

That no pitting rule is a little odd though, is there a particular reason for it?

P.S. Good thing you didnt have any passengers there Al

The reason for the no pitting rule is to stop people going to the pits to repair there cars, as bangers is about trashing eachothers cars
kicking for pitting is a bit silly but luckily not many do it. its good fun. There were a few people who thought it was fun to do 15 second laps for the entire race and not hit crashed cars but i soon took care of them

Watch those side streets
Quote from sil3ntwar :kicking for pitting is a bit silly but luckily not many do it.

Well they only do it once...!
i was racing the other night on that server, its quite good fun, complete no brainer, although i had to change my view to an outside one as i was getting a bit headfooked trying to race with the cockpit view :o
A question for all you banger fans, how many laps are the "races" usually set for? I put up Takumi's "Double Eight of Death" on my server for some banger fun but am not sure how many laps to put it on. Put it at 5 for now which is about a 3 minute session if you actually race, but wasn't sure if that was too short or not.
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :you guys should run my layout on your server, its assured to bring chaos we had a few banger racing style races in uf1 and it was an absolute laugh

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=167240#post167240

I'd love to see it on a banger racing server, if you swap all those red/white barriers for the other ones... They send you flying a little less... It's no fun when you just fly off for just hitting a barrier...
Quote from MadMac :A question for all you banger fans, how many laps are the "races" usually set for? I put up Takumi's "Double Eight of Death" on my server for some banger fun but am not sure how many laps to put it on. Put it at 5 for now which is about a 3 minute session if you actually race, but wasn't sure if that was too short or not.

We were running 4 lap races last night on the double eight track. Although there were only 5 of us so it wasnt too much fun.
we should organise a banger racing league
Quote from sgt.flippy :I'd love to see it on a banger racing server, if you swap all those red/white barriers for the other ones... They send you flying a little less... It's no fun when you just fly off for just hitting a barrier...

i can't change the apex's however i can switch them on the trouble areas, such as on the side where you're exiting the corner etc. and also add in some more slip roads to re-enter the course if you get thrown out, if you'd like
Glad to hear banger is back. I had a lot of fun on their server some time ago. However, I did hate to see more and more people showing up looking for typical racing. They'd get really upset and say 'I was working on my fast lap' or 'you hit me intentionally'. A few odd souls would even try to ban people for 'crashing into them'.

Some people just can't relax, I suppose.
been on the server. Would be good to have a figure 8 or triple 8. Just to be deadly...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG