The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :Here you go! http://www.virtualr.net/historic-gt-touring-car-1-9-released

Finally got time to test this out from my other rFactor "projects".
TBH I'm a bit disappointed. I think cars felt much better in the earlier HGTTC mod. Now I just feel like everything is too soft. There is no edge on the grip what I could feel. I tried using the controller setups what they recommend in the manual and then tried my own settings but no real difference. I tried few different cars and I felt like they have lost their personality, they are very similar to each other.
It actually feels a bit like those weird drift mods with bodged up physics to make the cars easy to drift.
I have just completed a full sound mod for the HistoriX "1" so starting to convert them to this doesn't feel like worth the effort.
I kind of understand what bigpepe says. Although I have not driven that many cars the rf physics definiely shows. I don't think it is bad and is probably quite good for the cars of that era. I'm really liking the trans-am cars! Tried few porsches and I'm getting huge pendulum effects. Need to learn to drive those mofos better...
#79 - troy
Not very impressed, at least graphics wise it looks pretty dated for a brand new game, maybe I'm just spoiled with all the beautiful screens/movies I saw from different other sims coming in the next year. Graphics aside the physics (from what you can see) actually look pretty convincing, some if it definitely made me remember the gorgeous slow motion videos DoN did for lfs.
Quote from jrd.racer :rFactor 2 Beta - '68 F1 car - Spa Francorchamps Historic.

Looks very nice. The driving seems very neutral and not total understeer like cars or just plain snappy and floaty like the usual rf stuff.

Looks very promising physics wise. Graphically not really but who cares about graphics. Some of the effects look really good, like the small text on the side of the tires.

The tire deflection in pmd's video looks kind of what I expected S3 to look like
Quote from Hyperactive :
The tire deflection in pmd's video looks kind of what I expected S3 to look like

Although I like to see tyre flex in the videos, as I'm sure nowadays a sim without it just feels wrong I must say that in rF2 it seems to only be affected by vertical loads. While LFS is affected by lateral loads, and in S3 it will be affected in 3-axes.

So, I think LFS 0.6B should feel more natural than rF2, but rF2 should make rF laughable for rF fans (LFS players are doing that for many years now )
Quote from DeadWolfBones :holy shit this simraceway beta is godawful

I can surely tell you that the Simraceway pre-beta was a lot better
Actually, rF2 has lateral tire flex, although there was not showed in the video.

Until everybody is back to the office we won't know it that was a bug, or because it can't be displayed graphicaly (yet).
I cant believe some of you are moaning about graphics.. Look at lfs, it looks crap now rfactor2 looks much much better... Sounds to me like your just trying to pick fault..

Im looking forward to trying it.
Quote from R3DMAN :I cant believe some of you are moaning about graphics.. Look at lfs, it looks crap now rfactor2 looks much much better... Sounds to me like your just trying to pick fault..

Im looking forward to trying it.

+1 definately.
#88 - JJ72
I'm sold!
@whiskey

There is lateral flex in the RF2 slomo, video it is just very slight.

edit: maybe my eye are playing tricks
I think it's your eye playing tricks. As I said lateral flex was disabled in that video, but it's already coded and pretty much ready to be enabled in the beta.

I can't wait to see real opinions/reviews of rF2 done for objective players, and not from the fanboys who will buy the beta as soon as it is released just to say how well done it's everything
Quote :
INSTALLING CARS/TRACKS:

Simply drop the RFMOD file you have downloaded into the Packages directory and then use either Option 1 (outside of the software) or Option 2 (inside the software) to install it.

Option 1: You may want to configure which content RFMOD packages (cars and tracks) are active before you launch rFactor 2 for the first time. To do this, click the Manage Mods button at the bottom-right of the Simulate tab on the launcher. A new window will open and it will automatically read your packages directory for RFMOD files. Right-click on any mod in this window to see options available to you.
Option 2: Launch rFactor 2 into single or multiplayer and you will see either a series option (single player) or mod management option (multiplayer). The software will automatically read your packages directory for available mods, and you can click install or update right inside the software.

This sounds much better than rF1
Enough previews, reviews, screenshots and videos. Wake me up when it's released.
Wish I could say that about LFS & S3.... Clearly humans are insufferable wretched beasts no matter what bone we're thrown? Sept 2011? Great, come back in 8 years and see if you're psyched to mock a different company that at least publishes it's intentions.
What I love about most of the people complaining (seems to be coming from iR forum, who would have thought), is that most people complain about rF and the devs/marketers hyping it all up. It seems more like they are the calm ones (not even making an actual release date for example) while everyone and their brother/dog is going psycho over it.

The bit about weather has me confirmed on purchasing it. I know they did static stuff just to show the possibilities, which makes me excited for when it's happening automatically/randomly (whatever the word I'm looking for is). Eventhough I love the old stuff (GPL style stuff, and the Monaco and Spa), I am just looking forward to some endurance racing on it. Sounds like driver swaps haven't been upgraded yet, or at least not said to be so yet.
Beta is out.
Might want to rename this thread to include rf2. How many are getting the beta?
Servers are ALL the overloaded.
Quote from PMD9409 :Might want to rename this thread to include rf2. How many are getting the beta?

I got it. It's definitely a beta but if you understand that rF2 is going to be around for many years to come it is worth getting. I haven't tested every car/track combo yet but I'm loving the drying line, weather etc. Rain at spa is really cool because some parts of the track it's raining and others the sun is poking out. This has TONNES of potential.

I've only played around with it a bit. Still alot to go through. Looks like a rF2 night and a late one at that. lol.

The Rfactor thread. (rF & rF2)
(431 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG