The online racing simulator
Vector cars drawing
(81 posts, started )
Is that what you wanted?
Attached images
skylineR32_T.jpg
Just found out that something is missing.

Right air intake on the front bumper...
Quote from matijapkc :Just found out that something is missing.

Right air intake on the front bumper...

Yeah, i know that, i was a little lazy and still forgetting that :P
Quote from Raito :Yeah, i know that, i was a little lazy and still forgetting that :P

lol
Quote from Raito :Is that what you wanted?

Almost mate sorry to be a pain but could you put the car back to the original angle its at in the first picture and put your signature directly under the front wheel on the same side you have it now but straight??

Many many thanks for this m8 i just want it o be right
Raito buddy no need to edit and upload another i have managed to sort it out Just in the middle of making the T-Shirt i will try and get a pic and upload the finished T today

Many many thanks for letting me use the pic hope it comes out nice i just filled the black area on the splitter same colour as the rest no probs
Awesome

But i think it would be better with original shaders on it
Quote from Raito :Awesome

But i think it would be better with original shaders on it

we bit drunk right now but i will reply properly tomorrow from work i may even offer free T for u seeing as you have been so nice . Will give reason/reasons why i didnt use the pics with shadows when i am sober hehe
Quote from billeh :we bit drunk right now but i will reply properly tomorrow from work i may even offer free t for u seeing as you have been so nice . Will give reason/reasons why i didnt use the pics with shadows when i am sober hehe

Im now also working on a new vector car
:bump: thinking about trying one, any pointers, or tips before i start, and how do i pick an easy enough car for a first one
maybe try something more simple and less curvy. maybe use a better reference picture too
yeah thats a good point, but you saw what happened...what am i doing wrong? how do i fill the gaps? do i just make a bunch of thick lines?
This is my technique for inspiration

1. On the first picture better start with outlining from source pic, dont be shame, its first one - you have to learn car curves not draw "look-paint"

2. Create complete silhouette of car and make it a very dark but not black (f.e. #242424)

3. Using pen tool draw first part, i always start with front bumper, draw whole part, create new layer and right click on your vector > select "Create vector mask"

4. Set complete color of this part, you have two options a) take Fill tool, select color and just fill it b) Go to layer blending options and untick Transparency shapes layer, then click on Color fill and select color (my one)

5. Start with other details, remember - bigger things (shadows, reflections) are first, then you paint over them next items like holes for air etc.

Use Layer folders in Layers menu to keep it well-arranged. Trust me, at the end of the Skyline i had over 140 layers and without folders i wont be able to edit something again

If you want i can create pictures for these steps as a little tutorial, based on my actual drawing of Mazda RX7 FC
You should indeed start with the outlines. What I do in the beginning, is create 3 layers called:

1. Outline (4px thick, ONLY used for the most outer lines of the body and wheels)
2. 3px (Used for main details, door, bonnet, trunk gaps, window outlines etc)
3. 2px (Used for fine details, headlights, keyholes, etc)

Only after you have the entire car drawn with the pen tool, you start shading it with colors.

With coloring I usually do 3-4 layers aswell per each main part (body, windows, lights on separate layer folders). For example:

Folder: body
1. Body-main (The basic medium shade color for the body, start with this)
2. Body-dark (The shades that are dark in the source photo)
3. Body-verydark (Really dark shades, bottom part of chassis etc)
4. Body-highlight (The shiny bits)

This way I usually get away with less than 30 layers on a finished car, and can easily tweak or repair something if that is needed. Stick with something simple in the beginning, curvy cars with metallic paintjob are the most difficult to learn with. Go with something slightly blocky and with a solid color paint with clear shades to do (studio photos often are like this).
Attached images
lines.jpg
There are two easy vector cars i made a long time ago, just for fun, they are very easily made Based on Modern EPS car set.

VW Golf III 1.4 CL

Fiat Punto '93 3-dw 1.2

Im now working on my FC, here is a little from it

-
(Matrixi) DELETED by Matrixi
FC is a nice car to vector, since the shape is so chiseled!

I think the first car I ever vectored was an FC, too bad I've lost the file. FD in the attachment was another work in progress never finished, still had to do the wheels and a proper shadow, but hdd failure meant no more original vector file to finish the job. Details were paintbrushed, so it was never a pure vector anyway.
Attached images
fd.jpg
Skoda Favorit Engine
Hi there. Im back with another car draving. I stopped working at that FD, but i recently made an vector drawing of one of my cars engine. It's Skoda Favorit stock with a few parts from newer Skoda Felicia engine.

I've got this second car for amateur rally racing, which is quite popular in our country and although it's only 1.3 50kW it's a very light car and for beginners easy to repair (together with very very cheap part prices). This picture is from stock engine with only sport air filter mounted, by this time it looks different, but most of czech people are familiar with this stock version

Created in InkScape, about 10hrs of work.
Attached images
fv_engine.jpg
This is my latest work, took > 20 hours (maybe im just slow O_o). For me it's best work i ever did in vectors. All completly made in InkScape, nothing else, no PS.

First attachment - 1080p version
Second att. - wire version, in case somebody find that interesting
Attached images
bmw_m3.jpg
bmw_m3_wire.jpg
I did some of those back in 2008 It was when I was teaching myself how to use Illustrator. I tried it back in 07 but failed miserably so gave up for like 6 or so months and went back at it. Did some other stuff but.. yeah, it was kinda fun. Actually, the TVR was done partially in vector, and all the shading was painted in photoshop
Attached images
colored-5.jpg
Untitled-5.jpg
WIP2.jpg
XCNuse: I really like that Impreza But hose TVR shaders look a bit strange to me, i would prefer them as they are on that Subaru.

At first i created only non-filtered shading on my BMW but then i tried to blur some of them and it seemed great
yeah, it was just in the testing phase of things; wasn't sure how to do a lot of things in illustrator. I never really finished the TVR like I did the subaru so, that's also why it looks funny, never really got refined.
Quote from Raito :Hi there. Im back with another car draving. I stopped working at that FD, but i recently made an vector drawing of one of my cars engine. It's Skoda Favorit stock with a few parts from newer Skoda Felicia engine.

Created in InkScape, about 10hrs of work.

very NICE!
What about 130 RS?

Vector cars drawing
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG