The online racing simulator
Progress Report December 2011
(550 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Rappa Z :As much as I hate waiting I get the sense that the new tyre physics will be absolutely mindblowing stuff. Hopefully it will propel LFS to an unrivaled level of realism.

lol. Good one!
I don't get what's so funny?

How dare you mock my optimism you can never hold me back!

"The night is always darkest before the dawn."

"Let us go singing as far as we go; the road will be less tedious."

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

"Some pursue happiness, others create it."

"It takes seventeen muscles to smile and forty-three to frown."

Such my optomistic nutsack you pessimist basterd!

In all honesty I think of any future LFS version as a gift more than anything else. Not really expected or really desired just pleseant to have once they are here.
Thx for the Report Scavier.

I can wait for the updates because i cant find any better Sim as LFS
Here's a lollipop , now bugger off till next year..

I could not be bothered being apathetic anymore
Quote from cargame.nl :It makes no sense to laserscan all kind of tracks if the physics do not match up with 'the feel'.

That is what Scawen tries to achieve with these tire physics update. Otherwise it's building a skyscraper without a foundation.

Look at our money swindling American 'friends' with their Iracing production. It has nothing to do with simracing, just a bunch of crap put together for a lot of money. They even f*cked up their tire physics even more now. LFS ideology was and is different from the start, making a real carsim, not going for the big money.. Small development team and then yes you get these kind of delays.

Anyway if this foundation, tire physics is completed in a good way, you can think of adding more real life cars and tracks. You first don't go to high school and then to Kindergarten do you?

Its waiting until Scawen has something like, well.. This is not 100% perfect but it's acceptable.

Its not about the model itself you silly, it are the calculations behind it.

Good... That is what most kids want... A lot of content, maybe a little shooting also with it.. And no sim whatsoever... Thats good, keep the economy running. But it has nothing to do with simracing development.

Like Rotary i have been driving this sim since 2003 but surely after nine odd years its ok to become bored with the current content ?
Quote from Xenix74 :Thx for the Report Scavier.

I can wait for the updates because i cant find any better Sim as LFS

Quote from Rappa Z :
"It takes seventeen muscles to smile and forty-three to frown."

Such my optomistic nutsack you pessimist basterd!

takes none to just sit there with an expressionless face, though.

i'm a pessimist bastard and i'm ok

edit: wooo! 5 years lfs for me this january!:jester:
Quote from Dennis93 :10 years in March.. :sppalpati

probably about the same if not longe lol .. god doesnt time fly!
I remembered the first public version being released in august.. I guess 10 years is long enough to forget details.
yea i remember that i think it was on a PC gamer demo cd.
Was 6 years in October. For me and for my DFP.
almost exactly 5 years ... still a noob I guess ...
Quote from Shotglass :just one question
are you guys still full timing lfs or has ot become more of a hobby project?

i really really wanna know about that one !
this is like a report without being a real report actually , otherwise i have the feeling that we're getting fooled here... no trust anymore really , kinda disapointed...
Quote from Matrixi :I remembered the first public version being released in august.. I guess 10 years is long enough to forget details.

i remember it too lol we're the veterans here kinda
Quote from silent_wind :i really really wanna know about that one !
this is like a report without being a real report actually , otherwise i have the feeling that we're getting fooled here... no trust anymore really , kinda disapointed...

Not sure why you have to 'trust' the developers and not sure what you mean by 'fooled'. LFS fulfilled all the obligations required by them in the contract between you and them when you purchased S2. I would love to know why you have to trust the developers unless we were real investors who owned the business... which we are not

I think people have to fooled themselves more than anything. Rather than appreciating the fact LFS is still an incredible sim and we are fortunate enough that there are guys in the world who are dedicated to accurately simulating a vehicle and making it available at a more than reasonable price (F1 teams spend millions for what we can get for 20 quid), people seem to think they are married to developers of sims. It happens in all of them - netkar, iRacing etc... Get a grip!

I had the fortunate pleasure of getting the inside view of another sim in development, and it's taking a good 5 years of hard work to get it anywhere near close to some sort of release. We all know fine well when the update is released it's going to be brilliant. Maybe it'll take 2 years... so what.
Quote from rockclan :10 years in December. :gt:

18.08.2002: A user of the West Racing forum finds the demo test 0.04k on the internet and spreads the word about LFS
August
Scawen has f*cked you all over! Such a shame!
Was about time! This guy is annoying as hell, just check his recent posts, yes you can be unhappy about development and I understand that but there is a big difference between plain trolling and constructive criticism.
Quote from Mango Juice :Scawen has f*cked you all over! Such a shame!

"Last edited by Scawen - Three month ban - Had enough of you for a while"

Win
Good riddance!
At least we know Scawen is actually reading this crap we're posting
Quote from [Audi TT] :18.08.2002: A user of the West Racing forum finds the demo test 0.04k on the internet and spreads the word about LFS
August

Here's the related thread Those were the days
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2011
(550 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG