The online racing simulator
Quote from SennaSS :you guys say knobody has got the tyre physics right yet for a sim!! I rekon you should take a trip to the F1 red bull factory or Mclarens simulator rooms!!! or even i zone based at silverstone

Oh yes because Scawen has a million pounds and we all have supercomputers to play it on. Surprisingly enough you can't do realtime calculations on a desktop computer to perfectly recreate tyre physics......

Quote from SennaSS :it doesnt get any better than that afew million££ has been spent on precisly replicating what goes on out on track & guess what they dont get the number cruncher developer to try out the updates they get lewis or vettel Shocking that isnt it maybe bec its them who will notice the changes.

Yes because Lewis (or should I say LEW1S!11!1) can exactly relate a slight amount of extra understeer on cold tyres to line 4752 of the code which relates the change in camber of the tyre under load to a change in grip whereas a mathematician/physicist couldn't

Quote from SennaSS :point is the tyre temp is the problem the grip ratio feels about right on lfs I just think they should redo the calculations on the way it heats up the tyre the way it does bec it is just plain awful and incorect

Errrrrm, I'd definitely agree that the temperature/grip ratio is wrong as the temperature increases but "re-doing" the calculations isn't just adding 10 gripz when the temperature goes above 70 degrees celcius.... And LFS tyre physics certainly aren't awful - they're much better than rFactor for a start.

Quote from JazzOn :Whats awful is your complaining of things that have been reported years ago by racing drivers and knowledgeable people, hence why scawen (a single developer) is studying to remodel it to run on a desktop pc (without stealing the money from customers ).

Racing drivers not NOT push as hard as they can as you describe. They push to certain limits, which are not just under/oversteer or until they crash, they drive to maintain the tyres (pushing too hard and destroying tyres is EASY) as well.

I wouldn't suggest that LFS's tyre heating code is perfect, far from it. But it's not as bad as you describe, and it is fairly easy to go quickly and look after your tyres if you set the car up right and drive it correctly - see the various endurance races for evidence. If you use an unrealistic hotlap setup (real life rarely has anything so extreme, even in hillclimbing) that is meant to work the tyres very hard (they only have to do one lap) then that is the problem.

Drive like a real racer and the tyres last. If anything they heat up too slowly when used in that manner.
Man I wish I knew how to drive in such a way that my tyres don't overheat
Quote from SennaSS :you guys say knobody has got the tyre physics right yet for a sim!! I rekon you should take a trip to the F1 red bull factory or Mclarens simulator rooms!!! or even i zone based at silverstone

it doesnt get any better than that afew million££ has been spent on precisly replicating what goes on out on track & guess what they dont get the number cruncher developer to try out the updates they get lewis or vettel Shocking that isnt it maybe bec its them who will notice the changes.

point is the tyre temp is the problem the grip ratio feels about right on lfs I just think they should redo the calculations on the way it heats up the tyre the way it does bec it is just plain awful and incorect

shut up please
Guys, think about it. SennaSS has a point. Just think for a moment, all LFS has to do is start a successful F1 team! simples! Problem solved.
i even used your Sinbad's Law ... see im just amazing.

racing drivers push until you are on the edge some drivers can keep it at that level lap after lap after lap after lap... thats why senna and hamilton were/are so great they can find the limit way above say button who drives within himself "smooth" as its called.

I would rather push the limits & be the fastest than be a button ;/

i thought I zone was cheap at over £100 a session for about 10 mins LOL we should all just go race their
Quote from SennaSS :
I thought I zone was cheap at over £100 a session for about 10 mins LOL we should all just go race their

£100 an hour.

They use rFactor - nothing special, why would Live for Speed developers want to go there.
Quote from b1kzit :£100 an hour.

They use rFactor - nothing special, why would Live for Speed developers want to go there.

Because real racers use it and that means it defacto becomes a hyper realistic simulator. I am a karter and I played Mario Kart thus making Mario Kart the best kart sim out there right now
But then real racers also use Live for Speed. iZone offers 'Engineering the driver' hence why 1 hour is at the price of £100, Live for Speed cannot and will not offer this to it's customers: It isn't practical.

Quote from SennaSS :I would rather push the limits & be the fastest than be a button ;/

This. Button finished runner-up in this season's World driver championship, gaining that place because showing that he can drive right on the limit better than other drivers, Melbourne being able to make the slick tyres work, Canada being able to make tyres work, Japan making his tyres last longer than Hamilton. It is foolish to say that Hamilton is "the fastest" and use Button as an example of someone who cannot. Also bear in mind that other cars have different 'limits' with the Red Bull having more downforce and thus being able to go faster through high speed corners etc.

I know this is off-topic, Sorry

Thanks for the news Scawen.
:feedtroll
:feedtroll
Quote from SennaSS :i even used your Sinbad's Law ... see im just amazing.

racing drivers push until you are on the edge some drivers can keep it at that level lap after lap after lap after lap... thats why senna and hamilton were/are so great they can find the limit way above say button who drives within himself "smooth" as its called.

i thought I zone was cheap at over £100 a session for about 10 mins LOL we should all just go race their

That's great. But please don't link Hamilton's style with Senna. Senna was, as well as a bloody fast driver, also a thinker. Hamilton is just fast, regardless of where that leaves him. Vettel is much more the 'new' Senna than Hamilton will ever be. Hamilton is the new Piquet if anything, only without the sex appeal.
Quote from tristancliffe :Hamilton is the new Piquet if anything, only without the sex appeal.

Further confirming my theory you are a closet gay.

Quote from SennaSS :i even used your Sinbad's Law ... see im just amazing.

just shut up
Quote from Mango Juice :just shut up

No u.

This isn't a dictatorship. It's hub where people can speak their mind so long as they aren't insulting others. So go back under your rock you self-righteous amoeba. You actually think someone will shut up because YOU told them to? You think you have a RIGHT to tell someone to shut up?

well you do not.
Quote from BlueFlame :No u.

This isn't a dictatorship. It's hub where people can speak their mind so long as they aren't insulting others. So go back under your rock you self-righteous amoeba. You actually think someone will shut up because YOU told them to? You think you have a RIGHT to tell someone to shut up?

well you do not.

But this SennaSS face is too retarded for any public space.
Quote from Dennis93 :But this SennaSS face is too retarded for any public space.

Couldn't have said it better myself
SennaSS, you're from Britain yet you can't form your sentences properly?..
Give us some think plzzzzzzzzzz

happy new year guys
Quote from SennaSS :He is very similar to hamiltons style attacking corners which is why hamilton is faster than say button...

It looks like one has been overheating this year...
Quote from SennaSS :No no your not understanding... i certainly cant create a game im no developer... BUt you need a developer AND a racing driver to work togther to create it

It is like doctors you know, first they need to contract all possible disease on earth and then they might be able to cure them. Healthy docs are just so inacurate in understanding disease.
Oh man... i cant wait
I look 10 times and more every Day on lfs.net

Please give us Screens, a Video or a little Demo of S3
Quote from BlueFlame :No u.

well you do not.

Not sure if you meant it to be, but that's really funny.
Quote from tristancliffe :That's great. But please don't link Hamilton's style with Senna. Senna was, as well as a bloody fast driver, also a thinker. Hamilton is just fast, regardless of where that leaves him. Vettel is much more the 'new' Senna than Hamilton will ever be. Hamilton is the new Piquet if anything, only without the sex appeal.

Disagree. Hamilton drives much more like Rosberg, who spent a lot of the early 80s caning his car until the brakes fell apart. Piquet was very different proposition. If he was on it (ie Hockenheim 86) then he was unstoppable, but was generally a much more measured and cunning driver than Hamilton. You're probably just focusing a bit too much on the Salazar incident.
It has come to a point that even F1 arguments are more interesting than Scawen's progress reports.
Paint drying would also be more interesting than F1.
VW is going to be releasing the new Scirocco in this year.. Thanks for nothing. Release Tracks goddamit this whole S3 thing is going to be a big fail
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2011
(550 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG