LFS Should be for mac also
Vote Yes Or No.
If you vote NO. Give a reason. if u vote yes u dont have to give a reason
Quote from Patel151 :LFS Should be for mac also
Vote Yes Or No.

Why? And why again to reasons.
#3 - Sobis
No because most of us use Windows, so it will just waste Scawen's time.
I would say yes, of course! But not until S3 is mostly done and finished and scawen feels like the physics are to a point where they don't need to be updated every patch.
Vote Yes Or No.

Yes, and for Linux, *BSD and iOS too... oh, wait.

You want a reason? LFS is developed and distributed as a Windows game. When you buy it, you are clearly informed that it runs only on Windows. Making a software multiplatform after several years of development is an incredibly difficult task, graphics engine, sound engine, controller input handling, a lot of things would have to be rewritten for specific platforms. Moreover, especially MacOS X has incredibly bad support for gaming devices, Logitech wheels for instance have no real support at all, even Linux is much better off on this ground.

You can always try Parallels or WINE to run Windows apps on MacOS X.
No thanks. You got a mac to... can you do anything on them? And not for playing games.

Besides, we have enough Dustin's over here.
It's your problem if you bought a mac and wanted to be a 'cool' guy. Well now you see what you've really done. Gratz on making a fool of yourself.
No because mac is gay
You can run LFS on Mac and Linux, not directly though.
Mac is gay?
You must not know this.
Competition is good.
I'm sure you love your stupid Google and Android.
That however is gay.
Quote from CheerioDM :Mac is gay?
You must not know this.
Competition is good.
That however is gay.

the fk do you use then, ask.com and windows mobile?
I Didnt say i have a mac
i have Sony Vaio Windows 7 Home premium
i was just asking
No reason not to have it on as many platforms as possible. It already runs just fine on any *nix platform with wine/crossover though.

Perhaps a simple standalone wine/cider bottle containing LFS would be a good compromise? It takes less than couple hours to do and it would spare users from installing wine for a single game. Quite a few games on the mac app store (like old GTA's) are actually just wine/cider emulations of their windows versions.
Quote from CheerioDM :Mac is gay?
You must not know this.
Competition is good.
That however is gay.

Oh yeah sure. Google is a big bad company and Apple isn't. Haha
Quote from Matrixi :
Perhaps a simple standalone wine/cider bottle containing LFS would be a good compromise? It takes less than couple hours to do and it would spare users from installing wine for a single game. Quite a few games on the mac app store (like old GTA's) are actually just wine/cider emulations of their windows versions.

That would be an acceptable solution if it delivered the same gaming fidelity on all added platforms. Since Macs lack proper support for the most common wheels, I don't think that selling such product for the same price as the Windows version would be fair to the customer, I can see people nagging about their G27 not working on Mac, demanding the devs to fix that and all sorts of similar stupid behavior. The devs would have to provide tech support on all platforms which would be even more impossible given the fact that as far as I'm aware none of the devs owns a Mac.
That's not the devs problem. Responsibility of hardware functionality and drivers falls down to the HW companies, not the third party software developers.

The wine bottle could also simply be released as an unsupported/unofficial version. That isn't unheard of when it comes to multiplatform software releases especially from indie developers.
Quote from Matrixi :That's not the devs problem. Responsibility of hardware functionality and drivers falls down to the HW companies, not the third party software developers.

The wine bottle could also simply be released as an unsupported/unofficial version. That isn't unheard of when it comes to multiplatform software releases especially from indie developers.

I'm perfectly aware of that, but I have a feeling it would be kinda hard to explain that to some people that unless Logitech releases MacOS X drivers, devs can't do a thing about it. I also fail to see the benefit of creating an "official" unsupported WINE+LFS package when installing WINE is pretty easy with MacPorts or Fink. There's tons of information about how to get LFS working through WINE, so why should the devs bother themselves?
I just can't possibly see why you are so heavily against it, when LFS has been proven to run pretty much flawlessly through wine. Couple hours of devs time which benefits possibly thousands of individuals from avoiding tedious unix command line work, which isn't always even guaranteed to work.

It's a fine example of a win-win scenario.
Quote from Bose321 :Oh yeah sure. Google is a big bad company and Apple isn't. Haha

Apple Inc. April 1, 1976
Google Inc. September 4, 1998

Which one has invaded your life more?
Quote from Matrixi :I just can't possibly see why you are so heavily against it, when LFS has been proven to run pretty much flawlessly through wine. Couple hours of devs time which benefits possibly thousands of individuals from avoiding tedious unix command line work, which isn't always even guaranteed to work.

It's a fine example of a win-win scenario.

I'm not heavily against it, it's just my opinion that if people want to run LFS somewhere it was not designed to run, why should the devs be bothered? All it takes to install WINE and get LFS running on my Linux laptop is three simple shell commands and I probably wouldn't even have to do that if I ran some user-friendly distro. I can't imagine it being more difficult on a Mac, plus there are many people who did this before as provided step-by-step guides if someone gets really lost...
Quote from CheerioDM :Apple Inc. April 1, 1976
Google Inc. September 4, 1998

Which one has invaded your life more?

Invaded? I will pick Apple then.

If you mean "Which one has helpt you more?" it's Google.
Quote from MadCatX :I'm not heavily against it, it's just my opinion that if people want to run LFS somewhere it was not designed to run, why should the devs be bothered?

I recall Scawen doing quite a lot of work previously to get the shadows to work properly with wine, so they do seem to care about it atleast to a certain level.

Anyway, I decided to try making a standalone LFS.app (wine bottle) for OSX myself, and succeeded. I don't think the devs would like me releasing it for the public, but it runs just like it would be a native OSX program. Unzip, run, play! Controllers (as long as they have drivers) and multiplayer seem to work fine too.
Quote from Bose321 :Invaded? I will pick Apple then.

If you mean "Which one has helpt you more?" it's Google.

If we didnt have Apple We didnt have full windows, we didnt have the mouse however the mouse was created by XEROX Apple dit reinvent it, The UI Interface that windows haz is all re-created of the Apple Lisa, Its good to read an Apple Book or something like that.
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :No because mac is gay

i Think your gay, Mac is a operation system that is made in Unix! Linux is made in Unix too! Windows is gay that has bought his (OS) (DISKOPERATIONSYSTEM) (DOS) and edited into MS-DOS.... Bill had bought the OS from an guy that made DOS and then it went all over to the UI from apple, Apple had the UI from XENOX after apple implemented all of the system's UI's Windows came in Apple Company and wanted the Apple Lisa and some other Apple Products to test. SO? Youre the gay one noob Mac is not gay its powerfull, LFS can be easly created in IOS but its hard to move into OBJ-C as LFS isnt OBJ-C (i think) BTW Google has bought android too but the first android mobile wasnt touch screen. So there we go it looks so much like going to an cruise server look at there UI (HUD) re-create it into your own server, start hosting it.
Vote Yes Or No.

Today a MAC is basically a Windows compatible PC, with MAC OS installed.

So you can basically delete MAC OS from your MAC and then Install Windows on it.

Then you can play LFS on your MAC!

LFS For Mac?
(142 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG