The online racing simulator
G27 Pedals (keep spiking)
(26 posts, started )
Hey guys,

For a while now my pedals have been playing up, when im full throttle it decides to show that its not at full throttle in game, when its clearly glued to the floor. It starts off at full, but then starts going from 100% to 90% then 95% and so on, i have to lift completely and smash it to the floor for it to stop.

Does anyone have any idea's on how i could fix this problem myself without sending them back to Logitech as i wouldnt be able to survive with buttons as a substitute.

Regards, Sean.
buy some fanatecs, they're great and won't spike at all.

greetz

der butz
Cleaning the potentiometers whould be a temporary solution. I have done this 3 times with my g25.
Otherwise u have to buy new potentiometers @ logitech or other company's who sell potmeters for a cheaper price. But i dont know what kind of potmeters the g27 padels has.
fenatec.. my teeth arnt gold unfortunatly.

and ill try cleaning them thnx
I have the same problem But I am unable to get inside the pedals (The screws are too tight) How can I clean them without taking the pedals apart?
sry, u cant clean them without taking the pedals apart.
its strange that the screws are so tight. Maybe use a bit more force.
They were tight for me too. Had to destroy a few screws to get inside :/
If it's under warranty I'd just ask for a refund or replacement. I've had 3 wheels for the price of 1 this way.

1st wheel - G25 - Paid £150, pedals started spiking + dodgy smell, got a refund.
2nd wheel - G25 - Paid £150 using refund money, pedals started spiking, replaced with G27 under warranty
3rd wheel - G27 - Paid £0, hasn't gone wrong yet

If at all possible try and get a refund from the company you bought it off. That way you can buy a new one for the same price and have a whole new warranty
Quote from xtraction :fenatec.. my teeth arnt gold unfortunatly.

and ill try cleaning them thnx

Get yourself a screwdriver and a set of allen keys, I think you might have to pick some balls of dust off the throttle pedal. I think that what's making the throttle flicker so much is the dust in the pedal's gears, and to clean those up you'd have to open the pedal up (unless you have small hands ). It's pretty much an hour's job, but opening up the pedal case and putting it back together is what takes most of that time, anyway.
Have You tried installing DXTweak? Its a tool that allows You to tweak the dead zone values, works very well.
id like to try and avoid doin that and fix them if possible
If you do not want to open the pedals up - I did, because I didn't feel like being without my G27 waiting for warranty stuff and am an electronic engineer, so no issues. BTW, use the correct tools if you want to open it up, you will not strip it.

1) Use high pressure air to blow all the dust and carbon out - go to your local filling station and use the tyre inflator if you do not have air at home

2) Get some electronic contact cleaner (Herschel amongst others has a great product), liberally spray into the slots along the pedals, don;t worry, it will evaporate - do not use WD40 or similar!

Carbon dust develops on potentiometers and throttle and brake starts to modulate at will...
I've cleaned the pots on my G27 over the past 6 months, using Halford's Electrical Contact Cleaner and there's an excellent guide repairing the pedals here, although there's no need to disconnect the wiring to the pedals as they suggest. Just take care not to pull on the cables when refitting.
TheSimShop also sell replacement pots for the G27 but I've not needed them so far as a good clean lasts for several weeks.
All that's needed is a 2.5mm Allen key and a Phillips screwdriver. Took me an hour the first time I did it and 10 minutes last week.
If you get stuck xtraction, pm me as I'm only over the water.
also keep in mind that the potentiometers are slightly loose so you may rotate them a little bit. move them so that you reach full throttle/brake a little earlier.
It's just about 1mm or so.
My G25 started doing that. I just wrote a msg to the logitech support explaining the problem, they replied within 2 days and about 3 days after the reply, and filling out the small form and providing some evidence that the wheel is actually yours and sitting at your home, I got a new G27 delivered at my front door completely free of charge . I'd try that if I were you .

I'm now on my 4th wheel. The first one (G25) cost €150,- second hand, second one (G25) free, third (G27 / lived 3 weeks) free and now this one (G27) free. Mind you, the first wheel was 3 years old and they still provided me a replacement wheel. Just after my third wheel broke down they arranged a free pickup via UPS to bring my 2 wheels which were sitting at home to their factory for further investigation. The first one I had to sent to them before I got the replacement G25 and provide the evidence of sending the package to them in a msg to the support. Just goes to show how great the logitech support really is !
Quote from Drifters Only :...Just goes to show how great the logitech support really is !

I still don't get it... You fanboys still make a feature out of every bug! The question is not the support (which is undoubtedly very good), the question should be why the hell do all your wheels break all the time?! And using up 4 wheels in 3 years and a bit is not a sign of quality for me.
Imagine Logitech has to let's say give every second buyer a whole new wheel for nothing and still earn money with it - how crappy must the build quality be to keep the wheel that cheap???

greetz

der butz
Use DXTweak!
It helped my MOMO to prevent spiking.
It reads raw data from the potentiometers and you can adjust the range in what windows should use. So you can add a deadzone that eleminates the spiking effect.

DXTweak2 32-bit
DXTweak2 64-bit
Quote from Mizil :Use DXTweak!
It helped my MOMO to prevent spiking.
It reads raw data from the potentiometers and you can adjust the range in what windows should use. So you can add a deadzone that eleminates the spiking effect.

DXTweak2 32-bit
DXTweak2 64-bit

Yeah, I used it about half a year ago and those spiking problems are long gone for my FFX.
Well there are some batches (of both the G25 and G27) that are just not up to standard which causes them to breakdown very fast or just wears quicker. I do think that Logitech has less of a quality standard compared to, for example, Fanatec. But they still make, in my oppinion, good wheels.

When my G25 pedals got issues I concidered buying Fanatec Clubsports, but after informing with Logitech I went for a brand new G27 (which is stepping up quality wise from a G25). I hope the wheel I have now will live just as long as my 1st G25, but if it won't I'll probably be going to a full Fanatec Clubsport set.

I'd just like to advice everyone who doesn't want to spend more money to write an e-mail to the logitech support because they will mostlikely provide you with a new one, which is ofcourse cheaper than stepping up to Fanatec or ECCI even.
my accelerator goes to 30% when not touching it at all (G27)... and clutch is beginning to do the same. Brake is perfect... because I dont use it at all (lol).
Thanks for all the help guys, ill try some stuff during this week, and drifters, i will surely try that thing with logitech, sounds like a plan.
Okay, so ive cleaned out the pedals and found so much dirt inside.. its a wonder how that much can get there when they are so tightly made. Rui is right, it was like a 1h-1.5h job, spending 3/4 of the time with the cover and the pedal faces.. just need to see if they work now
A quick fix is to use a cue tip before every race. Ive had my g27 1.5 years or so and never had to clean the pedals. Though, sometimes sounds like sand is grinding on the pedal when i push it down.
Quote from xtraction :Hey guys,

For a while now my pedals have been playing up, when im full throttle it decides to show that its not at full throttle in game, when its clearly glued to the floor. It starts off at full, but then starts going from 100% to 90% then 95% and so on, i have to lift completely and smash it to the floor for it to stop.

Does anyone have any idea's on how i could fix this problem myself without sending them back to Logitech as i wouldnt be able to survive with buttons as a substitute.

Regards, Sean.

WARNING if you take these pedals apart, you will void the warranty.
Just ask for a replacement from Logitech
your 2 days late.. oh well

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG