The online racing simulator
so this is a league system like, say CTRA was?
I too would like to know why this needs a different LFS.exe? Don't want my login details stolen in the worst case...
Quote from Emil141 :You should know that because you drive 5Laps. Ive tried 5Laps and it is pretty ok but there is many bad things with it, every day the same races ( Theres different races too but they cost credits and you buy credits with €) And the servers are bad (almost as bad as LLM servers ) And theres no admins watching the races. But the admins are developing 5Laps all the time, so its getting better and better, and now theres endurance races there too!

I think 5Laps is ok, sure it is worth a try!

What? Races cost credits? And then they are not even adminned? How is that a good system when I can fire up LFS and join any server I want for free?

What is the benefit from this service after all?
Quote from Torben :What? Races cost credits?

Some races do. There are different "leagues" at 5laps.com where you can win some prizes, which probably won't be anything epic anymore though seeing as MTV3 isn't sponsoring anymore, but that's just guessing. And then there are obviously some races which wont cost you any credits, but that's the same thing as driving on a public server anyways. Also, the level of drivers on public servers is most probably much better than on 5laps.com. It is also worth mentioning that the same combo's go over and over again on 5laps.com, though I think nowadays they are at least trying to change them more often, which in their time scale is once every month or two or so, if even that.

Quote : And then they are not even adminned? How is that a good system when I can fire up LFS and join any server I want for free?

Exactly, there are no admins on servers. Though it is possible to send a replay via e-mail to the admins, but they probably wont do anything for it (I have experience). Most probably they don't even have any clue how to look incidents properly. But them not doing anything for it wouldn't be anything new, seeing as they don't know anything about the game itself. For the records, they didn't even have any idea what's a system called Airio (idk if they still know) and they were also struggling to increase the possible amount of drivers on server from 8 to 32 (basically when they were testing the change, only 10 drivers or smth were able to join the server and drive there and it took ages for them to figure out what the problem was).
Quote from Torben :And then they are not even adminned?

Actually, and I'm ashamed to admit it, that is partly my fault:

When this 'service' started a year or two ago, before it was marketed on tv, Victor posted the news here. So a lot of LFS forum regulars, including me, checked it out. Then after trying it out, I noticed how all the names in the connection list are yellow. Everyone was connected with the admin password. Of course because most people using the 'service' were complete lfsn00bs no one naturally knew how to exploit this.

Then I was a bit of a twat and told Vic to tell them to stop having everyone connected with the admin password.

Quote from hyntty :Actually, and I'm ashamed to admit it, that is partly my fault:

When this 'service' started a year or two ago, before it was marketed on tv, Victor posted the news here. So a lot of LFS forum regulars, including me, checked it out. Then after trying it out, I noticed how all the names in the connection list are yellow. Everyone was connected with the admin password. Of course because most people using the 'service' were complete lfsn00bs no one naturally knew how to exploit this.

Then I was a bit of a twat and told Vic to tell them to stop having everyone connected with the admin password.

Well, you wonder what is better: Everyone having admin rights, or no one at all.
Giving everyone on a server administrative power must leave to mayhem.

But if you offer a service the customers should pay for, you do need a way to ensure the customer is actually getting a benefit from paying. One of the benefits has to be, that either an admin is around, or an admin is "callable", like you type in the chat "need admin" or something like that and an admin connects to the server within the next minutes to check out whats going on.

Well, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it evolves. Till then: back to iRacing.. (*ducks behind the flame-proof glass*)
Hello, people!

The translations are just about completed now (still ironing out some small stuff) and you can now access our site in English at http://en.5laps.com/

Every one is welcome to join and come take a look at what we have to offer!

Also, we are constantly evolving. A lot of the customer feedback is saying that we are heading in the right direction and to us that is of the utmost importance.

You are always welcome to send us feedback on [email protected]. Our support functions in both English and in Finnish.

If you already have an LFS licence, we advise you to register using this link: http://en.5laps.com/users/new? ... sts=1lfs_account_exists=1

Using the link is perfectly safe and will not harm your LFS account.

There is also a Facebook group by the name of "5laps.com – International" where you can join and talk about the service. Here's a link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ ... l/194402597247120?sk=info
Looks nice. I would have it proofread if I were you though, there are some grammar issues (word order, tacky expressions).

Also, is USA or Canada your main target audience? Why the American English?

Quote :Stop and go penalty

Is done by pitting in and stopping for 10 minutes

Harsh penalty is harsh.
I also noticed you said 31 cars for South City on some page, when the limit is 30
Quote from hyntty :Looks nice. I would have it proofread if I were you though, there are some grammar issues (word order, tacky expressions).

Also, is USA or Canada your main target audience? Why the American English?

Harsh penalty is harsh.

Proofreading and things of that nature will be done for a while to come. We're still ironing out stuff like this.

The penalty you mentioned was an obvious mistake. The real penalty is 10 seconds as you might have realized.

The language you call American English is a language we call universal easy English. Our main target audience is Europe, though.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your feedback. We always embrace feedback.

See you in the service, people! =)
Yes 5laps is going on and closer the target. I was one of the drivers who found lfs world thanks to MNK (known today as 5laps) and i like that they are doing this all so easy to new drivers. Maybe someday it will be VERY GOOD.
Ok I registered on the site and downloaded the exe.

Looking forward to some nice races on 5laps.com
Quote from Timo1992 :Ok I registered on the site and downloaded the exe.

Looking forward to some nice races on 5laps.com

Nice to hear that! I hope you're having a great time with us.

There have been some users coming in, but there is always room for improvement! We here at 5laps.com welcome you to our service! There's a lot of new twists and turns coming this Summer and we would like to invite you to come and take a look. We trust in our service and believe you racing fans will like it.
Quote from 5laps.com admin :launch our service to include all of Europe to bring much anticipated global feel to competing.

What? Can we Americans (and that Japanese guy who asked) join or not? And what is the actual reason for having a different .exe? Someone mentioned credits to buy races, but surely that could be done on a website or something?
Quote from pik_d :Someone mentioned credits to buy races, but surely that could be done on a website or something?

Yeah it's basically done through the website via a credit card or smth similar afaik and with the credits you can race the *cough* proper races *cough*. Though, nowadays the races dont even get really any drivers at all and the quality is what it is.
Attached images
dekodeko.png
Quote from pik_d : And what is the actual reason for having a different .exe? ?

I haven't touched this thing in months but unless it has significantly changed there is absolutely no real need for the different exe. I'm not sure if there's any practical reason to do this but you can just move / copy your existing copy of lfs into the folder of the 5laps one.
Quote from pik_d : And what is the actual reason for having a different .exe?

Maybe so they can data mine your PC?

I won't join up as I strongly disagree with the idea of installing a non legit LFS exe, I still haven't heard a reasonable explanation for the actual reason either.

SD.
Quote from pik_d :And what is the actual reason for having a different .exe?

Just a different interface to run lfs competitions on. It's quite much an iRaping ripoff. I also don't think there is any other reason to use a different exe than that they forgot all the existing lfs users and thus there is only one version that is a all-in-one package.
-
stay (anasimp00) DELETED by franky500 : SpamBot
Quote from nikopdr :why did i burst all the coffee out laughing at this?

Thats a killer avatar. Lolwut [Offtopic, don't kill me please]
hey c'mon we need internationality there... its just boring with these all fins
Quote from SparkyDave :...
I won't join up as I strongly disagree with the idea of installing a non legit LFS exe, I still haven't heard a reasonable explanation for the actual reason either.

+1

I'm pretty sure the "universal easy English" isn't a good choice when their "main target audience is Europe".
forget this sh*t, it's way more worse than actual LFS so plz don't even bother to take a look at this one. I changed it to lfs 4 months ago...
Quote from Stig209 :forget this sh*t, it's way more worse than actual LFS so plz don't even bother to take a look at this one. I changed it to lfs 4 months ago...

things are changing man... and its getting funnier all the time
#75 - pmw
This is totally offtopic, I just need to say this: I'm not really familiar with this forum, but, I 5lapsadmin made interesting topic, but it seems like other racers are acting like as****.

Really sad to look at this topic. Especially finnish people here.. *shame*

ps. I'm not really good in english, but I'm still able to understand really stupid lines in this topic.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG