The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Avoid The Devil's Double like a plague. Unless you're one of those who liked Drive.. (they don't have anything similiar to make it clear, they're just both stupid movies).

I saw this post then went and watched it, enjoyed the movie.

I didn't mind drive either, it was different, interesting..
Quote from Bawbag :I saw this post then went and watched it, enjoyed the movie.

You enjoyed that cartoon? Fredy Mercury meets Leslie Nielsen type of acting, who was suppose to be the crazy fu*k mennasing son of Sadam? C'mon, movies keep on sucking and sucking cause of you guys enjoying that rubish
Quote from Mysho :So when I have never seen Hangover 1 before... Should I skip that and go directly for Hangover 2?

watch 1 defo,but only watch 2 if its a really good copy :P or original. mine was ruined with a bad copy and thus i didnt like #2.
Quote from Bawbag :I saw this post then went and watched it, enjoyed the movie.

I didn't mind drive either, it was different, interesting..

It's got to the point that if Boris hates a film then I know it's going to be well worth a watch.
Quote from The Moose :It's got to the point that if Boris hates a film then I know it's going to be well worth a watch.

That's the thing, I come on here and see so many people saying "ZOMG WATCH THIS IT'S AMAZZZINNGGG!?!?!?!!!!!?!!" and I just ignore it, but when I see someone say something is garbage i'll watch it, ie Drive and now The Devils Doubles, both well worth watching.
New Year's Eve is a good movie, watched it yesterday. It's worth watching it.
Quote from The Moose :It's got to the point that if Boris hates a film then I know it's going to be well worth a watch.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :

lol

Well i would love to have your standards for movies, i really would.. And i'm not one of those haters who TRY to hate a movie, i just don't understand how you can't see those major flaws, it's not like it's my opinion, those are the things i'm sure they teach you in art/movie school NOT to do.
When i heard the soundtrack of Drive, saw the intro scene etc, i was so hyped, it had all the ingredients, but my god it's bad after that. I can't even see why i have to explain those things, they are so obvious.

Same with the Devil's Double. Sounded like an awesome idea for a movie, could've been fantastic, but no, acting is so bad it made me cringe, script, dialogs, cmon people.. is there anyone sane here on LFS forum lol.
You will generally find that when 1 person calls a full bunch of people insane, they are usually the insane one..
Quote from Bawbag :You will generally find that when 1 person calls a full bunch of people insane, they are usually the insane one..

Well history isn't exactly there with your statement

Anyway i have arguments when i say something, while on the other hand people have those lame ones such as that one you made.
Right... His argument is lame when you're the one who is straight up calling everyone insane for liking a very well done film?

Okay then...
Well offcourse i mean it as a joke, but i like to discuss those things. I hate amateurly poorly done films beeing hyped for no reason whatsoever.
I seem to misunderstood the thread topic, me silly thought it's about recommending good films. now I'll stick to topic and try to bitch about what film is worse than another and also pick up a good film that everyone likes and start flamewar saying it's terrible.

To be sure I checked my ratings history on IMDB and the worst films in there (1/10) are:
Twilight series, Prince Charming, Bulletproof Monk, Home Alone 3 (idk why), Constantine, Meet the Spartans, Blair Witch 2, Jumper, Alien vs Predator, Disaster Movie.

And the worst films with huge promotion I've seen lately are Thor and Sucker Punch. Absolutely terrible, unwatchable films for little children who enjoy empty films full of special effects and handsome actors. They both earnd 3/10 tho.
whenever he goes off on one of his rants about how everyone else is too stupid to see how bad this or that movie is i just remember how much he loved avatar and it all makes sense
Ides of March: Pretty OK, nothing really special.
We need to talk about Kevin

Very good.
Anyone seen The Last Circus yet? Will watch when there is time.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Ides of March: Pretty OK, nothing really special.

Just finished it. +1, good film to watch if you're bored.
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol: Best action flick I've seen in a long time, even with Cruise's presence. Easily worth the $$$ to see at the theater, which is a rare thing these days.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol: Best action flick I've seen in a long time, even with Cruise's presence. Easily worth the $$$ to see at the theater, which is a rare thing these days.

Really? I saw it at the cinema too (on a very large screen with a very loud sound system) but I just couldn't get into it. The best aspect would probably be the gunfire, which was very visceral with the sound system. I just couldn't connect with the characters or the story and I couldn't overlook the really glaring holes.

Spoiler:

One of the holes is the fact that the "nextgen" security system in the hotel has all kinds of defences, such as infrared sensors in the elevator shafts. However, breaking the window to the server room doesn't set off any kind of alarm. Come on...
Quote from amp88 :Really? I saw it at the cinema too (on a very large screen with a very loud sound system) but I just couldn't get into it. The best aspect would probably be the gunfire, which was very visceral with the sound system. I just couldn't connect with the characters or the story and I couldn't overlook the really glaring holes.

It's an action film... I wasn't really overly concerned with plot holes, and there were plenty indeed (why, for instance, did the big bad himself go to the meet to get the codes? just a stupid risk for a gotcha moment). Overall I just thought it was really inventive and fun.
Entrapment - Awesome film ( I know I'm late). Zeta-Jones :jawdrop:. Shes brilliant.
Warrior http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291584/

even there were lots of very annoying things like (another) big bald russian with soviet(wtf?) flag and -spoiler- since the moment you realize they both will be in the same tournament you could bet that they'll meet in final round.

Still recommendable
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011): Not really necessary, but well done. In some ways closer to the book, in some further away. I'd say both versions have plusses and minuses. Craig and Mara were both very good, and Fincher's direction is superb as usual. I think I prefer the screenplay for the Swedish version overall, though.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG