The online racing simulator
Progress Report December 2011
(550 posts, closed, started )
A short progress report posted on www.lfs.net :

Dear LFS Racers,

We hope you had a good year in 2011. In June we released 0.6B, the best version of LFS so far. Since then we have been continuing to work towards the new tyre model and the S3 upgrade which we plan to release after the physics update.

Scawen has been further developing the virtual tyre test rig, a detailed model of a tyre's structure, to work out various values for the in-game tyre model. For example, what is the contact patch length, width and pressure for a given vertical deflection and how does the tyre's shape change with forces, torques and camber. These depend on the dimensions and structure of a tyre. By making the in-game tyres behave in a similar way, the driving experience will be as realistic as possible.

In the left part of the image, the yellow lines show the radial cords of the carcass. The orange and green lines show the steel belts and the cap ply. The right side of the image illustrates the carcass thickness which gives some rigidity even without air pressure.

Eric has been working on the S3 content. After the physics update and the VW Scirocco are released as a free update for all S1 and S2 license holders, we will work towards the S3 update which will provide more tracks and cars to S3 license holders. As usual for an upgrade, the cost of your existing license will be deducted from the full price.

We wish you a happy 2012, and we'll release the updates as soon as we can!

- LFS Developers
Attached images
tyre_3d.png
Nice to see a progress report.

Happy new year soon!
So S3 is somewhat more official now. I like!

//on second thought... ah forget it
AWESOME! Thanks for the progress report and a happy new year!
Why does Scawen speak in the third person?
Thanks for the report. Wish all a Happy 2012!

Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Why does Scawen speak in the third person?

Although Scawen posted the message, the same message goes on the main webpage and (I think) the newsletters as a message from the LFS Devs, not just Scawen alone.

I was so pathetic after reading all this negative posts last days, but now Scawen make my life worth to live
madness...
no S3 pre-ordering yet ?

Thank you sirs btw, have a happy 2012 too
always glad to have news, ... even if some more screenshots would be highly apreciated
Quote from Scawen :
We wish you a happy 2012, and we'll release the updates as soon as we can!

not_sure_if_joking_or_serious.jpg

Anyway, thanks for the short update.
...some good releases in ̶2̶̶0̶̶0̶̶9̶ ̶2̶̶0̶̶1̶̶0̶ ̶2̶̶0̶̶1̶̶1̶ 2012

Thanks for the words anyway
Cheers for the update.
So nothing new? Almost exactly the same text and picture as one year ago...
Glad to hear! Thanks for the report!
And Happy New Year 2012
2012?
That is what i am writing in my appointment book.
Nothing new.

When the hell are we going to hear about that S3 content Eric has been working on for like... years? Seriously.
patience.
Thanks for the update!
Quote from kimd41 :Nothing new.

When the hell are we going to hear about that S3 content Eric has been working on for like... years? Seriously.

s3 is being held hostage...
Thanks for update. Happy new year to devs!
The text looks like, as a year ago, but proceeding from the text of physics ready (I'm sure 95%), remained s3 which will be released in 2012. Now I am sure that the distortion of the tires will not be. Thanks for the report, I'm sorry that distract you from your work.
Quote from kimd41 :

Don't mention the graphics developer let alone talk about anything related to his pace of work, you all know what will most likely happen
Thank you, Scawen, for the progress report. I am really impatient waiting for the releases coming!
Keep the good work!
I wish you all a happy new 2012 year!
Cheers.
This thread is closed

(550 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG