The online racing simulator
What did you get for Christmas?
(102 posts, started )
Trying to stop the flamewar here.

I got a new wallet, a watch and a soft keyring. I'm such a poor git, aren't I?
Quote from Becky Rose :No, no you're not. You havn't at all and every one else is justing listing stuff they've been given. This thread is like some kind of weird gratification of the expression of personal wealth and greed measured in the fortune of the generosity of others. It's just surreal, and it happens every year.

I know you are excited about your new toys an' all, but I dont understand the need to list your presents to other people on a forum. It's like you are all saying "Be envious of MEEEEEE people, because I have a relative who can afford to spend £150 on ME. Yes, it is ME who has the hugest epenis cock of bloodwealth of you all. Fear me, for I am Super Capitalist Man. The personification of greed itself, the one, the only, mighty internet forum enviousor of the heathen peasant masses, the jock with the biggest pocket wedge of them all, I am Christmas Gift Recipient of the Year 2011. Hell yeah people, bow down and worship my awesome new capitalistic greed possessions denoting my near middle classness.".

First world problem.
Quote from Becky Rose : Super Capitalist Man.

I feel bad for ruining the Christmas spirit by buying up 95% of the board and brutally bankrupting my brother in the boxing day Monopoly game.

All four stations + Hotels on Mayfair and Park Lane ftw
Quote from JO53PHS :I feel bad for ruining the Christmas spirit by buying up 95% of the board and brutally bankrupting my brother in the boxing day Monopoly game.

All four stations + Hotels on Mayfair and Park Lane ftw

haha
btw avatar of the year
amma got a big Tv.,..

awaits flaming.
iPad2
Coming along well just a bit slow due to funds...will post pics when my summer wheels are back on with the spacers and new suspension. The spacers were a present from my Dad and the coilovers i bought very very cheap

Quote from Becky Rose :No, no you're not. You havn't at all and every one else is justing listing stuff they've been given. This thread is like some kind of weird gratification of the expression of personal wealth and greed measured in the fortune of the generosity of others. It's just surreal, and it happens every year.

I know you are excited about your new toys an' all, but I dont understand the need to list your presents to other people on a forum. It's like you are all saying "Be envious of MEEEEEE people, because I have a relative who can afford to spend £150 on ME. Yes, it is ME who has the hugest epenis cock of bloodwealth of you all. Fear me, for I am Super Capitalist Man. The personification of greed itself, the one, the only, mighty internet forum enviousor of the heathen peasant masses, the jock with the biggest pocket wedge of them all, I am Christmas Gift Recipient of the Year 2011. Hell yeah people, bow down and worship my awesome new capitalistic greed possessions denoting my near middle classness.".

Normally I agree with you on this sort of thing but sorry really do think you're having a giraffe and need to get over yourself. Either you enjoy Christmas and sharing your presents with others or you don't. If you do, post up a list or some pics, if you don't, go away. My family certainly aren't rich, no-one spent more than about £150 on me (which fits conveniently into your story) and yet most people I know AT LEAST twice as much spent on them. They all got PS3s and iPad2s and iPhone4s and what not...I don't get any of that stuff..and yet do I moan about it?
cheesecake.

No-one has gone "oh my present is better than yours you really poor person"...so ssh.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Me:
iPhone 4s 16gb
iGPmanager 3 month subscription
xbox 360 controller
starbucks & 5 guys gift gard.

no pic, no proof

Then you'll love me. I got a single book. My wife got a single book. We picked them out together. We don't buy for each other. We don't live in the ultra-rich family that it seems most live in. No one buys for each other as adults. Grandparents buy stuff for the grandkids and all us parents buy for the kids.

My kids each got a $200 iPod Touch. It wiped us out. Thus, really nothing for each of us. We are attempting to purchase new cheapo phones for our whopping $23 a month cell phone plan. Can't find one anywhere though. I don't shop online, so I'm hunting in stores. They are expensive phones at $50 each. Can't find it so I may resort to ordering online tomorrow. Was hoping to have them this week though so I could swap them over before the 1st of the year when the monthly payment is made. I'll have to wait until the end of January now, which since I washed Wifey's phone, it doesn't work real well anymore and really wanted to get the new phones.

Actually, my big Christmas gift will be a new oil pan and other stuff for the car since on the way home in the fog, a chunk of firewood materialized in the middle of the road right in front of me. Total will cost about $500ish of which I don't have. Every time we get caught up so that we can get things funded, something happens like this. There goes the heating oil bill that is due.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :oh my present is better than yours you really poor person etc etc etc

Well this Christmas I have bought myself the new Star Wars game, some clothes and a ****ing helicopter.

*strokes her wodge*

I am way more middle class than the lot of you, **** yeah.
I didn't get a car

but i actually happened to win 200€ from a scratch ticket i got for christmas, so everything went better than quite expected
Quote from mrodgers :Every time we get caught up so that we can get things funded, something happens like this.

I think that was the default condition in my life ever since I started work, mrogers. There have been other conditions, there was the 4 days without food, and there was also the time I got a little windfall just before a Christmas so I buggered off to Amsterdam, but most of my working life has been spent going from one disaster to the next, finishing each month with slightly less money in my pocket than the month before.

It struck me that I know more about business and more about the business my employers are in of almost every single boss I have ever had, so for the last year I have been working to set a company up, two months ago I opened. I made a profit of £1000 in the first month (which I have been joking was the easiest £310 I ever made) and a profit of about £2500 this month (still got to finalise the figures in a few days time).

Life has never been better, and all it took was the confidence to do it. The belief I could do it, backed by the knowledge that if it did not work I would quickly do something else instead - to see if that worked instead.

If it all went wrong I wasnt covered: I'd have made a loss and had a terrible Christmas.

I've been lucky - so far - and things have started well. I am starting to think about a much needed new computer, maybe that holiday to New York I've always wanted, and saving up for a house.

Then I drive home yesterday from my folks and the car sounds like I let S14 Drift work on it. It's a Ford, it's 7 years old, and suddenly I am reminded that this is the age Fords start getting expensive - and I realise that I already spent all my new found fortune on Christmas, and now I am getting a car repair bill - and as its a 7 year old Ford and I am not a very good mechanic myself I probably should start thinking about replacing it - and suddenly it feels like I have this huge expense waiting for me and all my new found affluence is going to go on this great big bill to get a new car.

And then I pause for a second and realise: This is a huge change: Last year I would be waiting for the car to fail before doing the minimum and trying to eak every last penny of life out of my car before replacing it - I would have had that Mondeo until I was 65.

What changed? Because now I hear the first sign of some exhaust corrosion and I am thinking, "well the car is going to get expensive soon I maybe should start saving to replace it".

The pattern is the same, I get a bit of money and I spend it on some unexpected bill...

...But the level of affluence is completely different...

...And it makes me think, the difference between the wealthy and the masses, is greed. The wealthy horde the money - people like us, we spend it the moment we get it - and it has absolutely nothing to do with how much money we have. All that changes is what we spend it on.
Quote from Becky Rose :I know you are excited about your new toys an' all, but I dont understand the need to list your presents to other people on a forum. It's like you are all saying "Be envious of MEEEEEE people, because I have a relative who can afford to spend £150 on ME. Yes, it is ME who has the hugest epenis cock of bloodwealth of you all. Fear me, for I am Super Capitalist Man. The personification of greed itself, the one, the only, mighty internet forum enviousor of the heathen peasant masses, the jock with the biggest pocket wedge of them all, I am Christmas Gift Recipient of the Year 2011. Hell yeah people, bow down and worship my awesome new capitalistic greed possessions denoting my near middle classness.".

Firstly, nothing wrong with capitalism and the pursuit of happiness. If someone can find happiness in personal possessions then really there isn't anything wrong with. Freedom to trade with each other is one of the most instinctive actions we do as humans.

Now, what I don't understand that you object to someone gloating about the presents they received, and your medicine is to gloat at how generous you are? "Bow down to my generosity" Two sides of the same coin.

bah humbug
oh hell youve started the guy whos too skillless to make enough money to afford his own lfs licence on a pro capitalism rant
fix it right the hell now!
Quote from Shotglass :oh hell youve started the guy whos too skillless to make enough money to afford his own lfs licence on a pro capitalism rant
fix it right the hell now!

I have my own licence and server... what you on about?
i seem to distinctly remember that you got this licence from someone else (who iirc was equally despised as a human being as you are)
Quote from Shotglass :i seem to distinctly remember that you got this licence from someone else (who iirc was equally despised as a human being as you are)

haha... ahh you can't buy or be given someone else's licence? How does that contradict being 'pro-capitalist'? Sometimes this forum cracks me up.

"Here, have my licence" "No, I am capitalist pig I shall buy my own new coz I iz greedy"...
Stuff to upgrade my PC
Clothes
Money
and some other small stuff...
i didnt get an iphone,neither a car,nor did i want them.couldnt care less for iphone,android,and all that bs.i have cars so ye.. but I got 2 belts for my non existent belly,1 comfy pant,a digital tireguage on top of the broken pc`s
Pajama pants I still haven't worn, I forgot I got those lol!

I got a food baby; eating to much ham and stolen lol

Christmas ain't what it used to be hahaha
On plus side I didn't lose any money
Quote from e2mustang :i didnt get an iphone,neither a car,nor did i want them.couldnt care less for iphone,android,and all that bs.i have cars so ye.. but I got 2 belts for my non existent belly,1 comfy pant,a digital tireguage on top of the broken pc`s

Haha send the tire gauge down here neighbor we got two faulty tire sensors or slow leak tires

What did you get for Christmas?
(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG