The online racing simulator
I've quit playin lfs since 24th July but even this was a fun race coz of releasing 0.6B . It couldnt be so hard to release tracks instead of cars. So we can get some more experience with other tracks and meanwhile scawen can do his work in this physic thing. There arent more then 1.000 Racers online end even this is high peak of online racers... LFS isnt a race game anymore.. Tons of Drivers are cruiseing and the other half are drifting...
Sorry but do people really have nothing better to do than moan on an internet forum in the early hours of the morning?* If there is going be a Christmas update/greeting, it could possibly be posted on Christmas day (shock horror :really. Complaining because you've heard nothing by 00:04 is pretty pathetic.

*I just woke up after falling asleep on the sofa, incase anybody was wondering
Just like you guys said. I can have some racing only on 1 server. I need to say that racing skill of guys here is pretty good for now I think.
But no chance to drive the car I like...

Devs will make one big update after 4 years and they will get many people with some $. But thats probably less than they would get if they were periodically releasing some new physics, track and cars.

If they are so demotivated why they dont get some people to their team.

LFS is so good simulator to just die this way. And for sure if they will go this way it will die soon because there are other rising simulators and standards are going up!
Do you celebrate Xmas on 25th ? We in Germany did it at allready on 24th so for us Xmas is over and now we have only the two Christmas Days left where we meeting our familie or doing Party
the big surprise must be the master list showing MERRY CHRISTMAS! in yellow text...
Quote from Mustangman759 :the big surprise must be the master list showing MERRY CHRISTMAS! in yellow text...

bet it was set to automatically display that on Dec. 25
le lfs no new updates :<
Cmon dev's, Give us SOMETHING, or S3.
A detailed progress report would be good. Or a date when it WILL come out.
Quote from aroX123 :Quite sad not to even get a "Merry xmas to all of you, from the Devs team"

Shows how unmotivated they are. Sure they might be working on LFS in hide, but they cant blame us for complaining, when we dont know if they are dead or alive. They might have died in a huge car accident for all we know.

Damn guys, you have a great game, but if you want to keep hold of us, you gotta perfom! Please.

when you have a job, let alone a family to support and then a project o nthe side such as this, you'd understand why its taking time...

but then again, you're Arox.
For the love of god... even at christmas its just bitching and griping about "LFS being dead" and the DEVs aren't interested anymore.
Give it a rest, as has been stated numerous times, S3 will be released when it is ready and not before.
Scawen is in no way obliged to post anything just because it is christmas, he doesnt have to update anyone and tell anyone what he has been doing.
Be patient, and if you cant be patient find another forum to bitch and gripe on, it's getting boring to read all the negative posts constantly.

Oh yeah merry Christmas...
Devs are working hard on early Christmas morning, LFS its not DEAD
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Devs are working hard on early Christmas morning, LFS its not DEAD

No they aren't, they are with their families celebrating christmas. This and next week probably there will be no work done as Scawen said it himself last year, which is ok.

Although I'm really dissapointed about not having a progress report or an announcement of any sort.
i knew we weren't going to get anything by christmas this year.

maybe i should spend the money i've been saving on a new LFS PC on a big TV and a PS3.

see you next year. :rolleyes:
Merry Christmas Scawen, Victor and Eric!

Quote from theirishnoob :when you have a job, let alone a family to support and then a project o nthe side such as this, you'd understand why its taking time

It was their idea to start this, and how is saying "hi" once in a while hard? Why not hire a guy to do that for them, maybe one of the beta testers could do some showoffs now and then. Just those tiny things could be enough for us to stop complaining and be patience enough for the actual update.

Its been 2 and a half year since they first announced rockingham, thats 30 months or 156 weeks or 1 095 days or 26 280 hours or 1 576 800 minutes or 94 608 000 seconds.

It looked done 3 years ago, whats holding them up?
Quote from aroX123 : whats holding them up?

being part time, much like in any job, gets nothing done, it just makes you look like you're working, compared to full timer workers ( or dev in this case )
Scawen is working on LFS full time, isn't he?
If I was in scawens shoes I wouldn't give you shit all. day in day out complaining even on Christmas. Bunch of ungrateful people saying what he should do and complaining that you don't get enough, get out more and don't worry so much about it.
Quote from kart-36 :If I was in scawens shoes I wouldn't give you shit all. day in day out complaining even on Christmas. Bunch of ungrateful people saying what he should do and complaining that you don't get enough, get out more and don't worry so much about it.

Scawen is remarkably patient with the community, from what I have seen of his posts. Most of us are returning the favour.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Scawen is remarkably patient with the community, from what I have seen of his posts. Most of us are returning the favour.

sadly i have to agree. is 4 years not patient enough?
btw everyone complaining but everyone still playing LFS so...LFS is something like still the best online racing sim.

Although its graphic looks quite "old", its content is still the same and blablabla it looks like there are still lot of users in LFS and there are still several full servers (btw almost the same number as when I started S2 in 2007, there was STCC and Conedodgers, now we have AMG and cargame) and some closer and closer league. There are still some new comers So basically LFS IS still ALIVE.

Although there were no major improvement in physics, LFS physics are still the best (I mean better than iMoney, Rtractor, GTR,...). So LFS FTW and gratz Scavier for that good game where I spend so many enjoyable hours.

btw Merry Xmas !
Quote from MoMo92i :but everyone still playing LFS

Quote from -NightFly- :Nooooooot

That's true - we can see a lot of people in forums,mostly complaining about lack of progress with their last race finish more than year ago... Some even driven 10000km and saying they are tired from the same old stuff and want something new...

DEVs so quiet- BIG Xmass surprise at hand?
(187 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG