The online racing simulator
LFS Wheel Controllers
(57 posts, started )
Quote from Bose321 :Sorry, didn't know you were talking about your wheel.

Yup, was talking about my wheel.
My point was that Logitech has some 'bonus' due to better support from game makers compared to other wheels.
#52 - Jakg
Quote from Bose321 :
Not sure what you mean with that as it's bigger then most other wheels and a copy from a real wheel.

I don't think the diameter of the 911 wheel is anywhere near the size you'd find on a Porsche.
Quote from Dennis93 :Sorry, are you this forums representive of fanatec or just huge fanboy? Let people have their own opinion, they don't need you to be up and around. Everytime someone states an opinion we don't give two ****s if the wheel looks real, what WE want is the feel of having a real wheel in our hands, that is was Jack ment.

Atleast I keep it civil.
Quote from Nick7 :Yup, was talking about my wheel.
My point was that Logitech has some 'bonus' due to better support from game makers compared to other wheels.

Can't say if this is true nowadays, Fanatec devs are working closely together with game developers to havee proper support (xbox, forza 4).
Quote from Jakg :I don't think the diameter of the 911 wheel is anywhere near the size you'd find on a Porsche.

The Fanatec wheels are 30CM, and the Logitech 25 or 27CM I believe. Not sure about the real deal; I'm wondering how they match up though.
Quote from Jakg :I don't think the diameter of the 911 wheel is anywhere near the size you'd find on a Porsche.

+1 for this one.

Actually, it's really difficult to find a steering wheel that small on any real car, especially on factory stocks.

PS: Tiny ones like karts or FSAEs don't count here.
Little off-topic; I'm interested in what the average (if there's any) wheel diameter for a real car is.
this is a 25 year old porsche wheel, has 36cm, just about 14 inches.
My old Mini had the same size wheel, usually today's wheels should have something between 35 (sports car), 38 (saloons, hatchbacks) and 42(vans)cms.

greetz

der butz
Ehm, this is my table dimensions:

The top part is the table top and the square under it is a metal tube supporting it.

Would the wheels have problem clamping onto that or not a problem at all? (since it's not a straight table top)... (great explanation, I know)

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/1083/tabledims.jpg

Has anyone actually got the carrera wheel here?

LFS Wheel Controllers
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG