The online racing simulator
picked up GT5 again, and something seems different. Are the brakes less sensitive since the update?

I used to have to run with 2 in the front and would lock up at full brakes on sports hard, now even 5 in the front and comfort soft tires don't lock up.
I tried it again as well recently. In my opinion all tires have more grip now.
Quote from CoolColJ :if they add a GTI-R into the DLC I would buy it... missing since GT2

Nah where are the HKS Nissan drag cars as well as the patent wagon or model T?
Edit: I forgot about the BTCC cars too! They had them in GT2.
They also forgot the Evo V rally car from GT2 too.
Quote from legoflamb :picked up GT5 again, and something seems different. Are the brakes less sensitive since the update?

I used to have to run with 2 in the front and would lock up at full brakes on sports hard, now even 5 in the front and comfort soft tires don't lock up.

I found the opposite. Fired up GT5 for the first time in I don't even know how long; at least 9 months. I found I was getting some rear-brake-lock-rotation in some cars. Caused a few clenchers, was good fun.

I really, really, really wish that GT5 had more customization options like Forza 4. Or I just wish that FM4 was for the PS3 as well, so I could play it. I wanna paint my car, damnit!
did you adjust the brake bias? The brakes have caused no trouble in the cars I've been using.

As a separate related issue when using better tires, the springs need to be stiffer to account for the extra grip on the brakes. If left the same the car will dive a lot causing those clenching situations.
Quote from legoflamb :picked up GT5 again, and something seems different. Are the brakes less sensitive since the update?

i picked it up again today, haven't raced yet as i spent the last 3 hours just trying to update my PS3 and GT5

cant wait till i can get myself a FT86
Never knew the X2010 blew up the sand with it's fan... pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWVB1APDlM

Anyway, re the GTI-R, I don't know why, but I have a big emotional attachment to that car!
Even so far as to buy obscure Japanese games that feature it...

So I would love GT5 all over again if there was a Nissan GTI-R DLC.....

Might be the fact I love looking across the humpy bonnet in real life before I totalled it

.....!

Yea, I already & have always used brakes set to 7 f/b as they always too spongey... With "full brakes" its the same as having pedal to floor, which would lock up most cars anyways.

Is like how trottle it analogue without TC... Brakes are too... "Sim" n all tht shite...
Spec 2.02 is now live. Major changes are the GT 86, the ability to change wheels on the standards and the racing sounds have been altered. Wind and tyre noises appear to be alot louder.

Something that wasn't mentioned in the log of changes was the more dynamic chase camera. It sways alot more than it used to.
New GT5 patch is up, yay you can finally change wheels on the standards and repaint the car too!

Finally my RUF looks decent

And you customise the HUD
Athough the jagged wheel arches and pillars remain, it looks much better

Seeing such an epic car in such horribly bad graphics and textures makes me sad.
Make sure to go back into the older Seasonals you've completed for car tickets.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Spec 2.02 is now live. Major changes are the GT 86, the ability to change wheels on the standards and the racing sounds have been altered. Wind and tyre noises appear to be alot louder.

Something that wasn't mentioned in the log of changes was the more dynamic chase camera. It sways alot more than it used to.

So that's why I couldn't access the seasonals last night... I thought this was being released tomorrow :S
Is the cockpit shake still in?
Do any of the new DLC cars have a racing modification? Still annoyed by its lack of presence
The last DLC were all RM

I don't know why so many find the cockpit too shakey? I never noticed, don't really care either way
Me neither, shaking is pretty realistic and it's not bothering me, and i'm pretty sensitive on that kind of stuff, can't play half the games now cause i get headaches.
Quote from CoolColJ :The last DLC were all RM

They were all race cars, but I want more cars from the dealerships have the ability to be race modded.
Quote from MAGGOT :They were all race cars, but I want more cars from the dealerships have the ability to be race modded.

Too much work I presume. It's like a whole new car

If they ever get to using procedural body deformation in GT6, then that would be the way to go
hee hee hee
That is the hottest hot hatch of them all, seriously, it's like i did the design myself.
Quote from CoolColJ :
Never knew the X2010 blew up the sand with it's fan... pretty cool

...Snipped pics...

Anyway, re the GTI-R, I don't know why, but I have a big emotional attachment to that car!
Even so far as to buy obscure Japanese games that feature it...

So I would love GT5 all over again if there was a Nissan GTI-R DLC.....

Might be the fact I love looking across the humpy bonnet in real life before I totalled it

I used to drive it's nemesis, the Mazda 323 GTR! What a lovely car that was, and still is!

This is me on track with mine.
So I have a chance to get a PS3 30% discounted... do I buy it just for GT5? It's really the only thing I'll be using it for (and maybe Street Fighter).

Are the physics glaringly broken? I've only read of the reverse ride height issue.

PS3 + GT5 can pay for two track days next year....

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG