The online racing simulator
F1 2012 Silly Season
(66 posts, started )
Buemi I understand, but Alguersuari was getting better and better, he actually showed some promise.
Might be DTM or endurance for Buemi, but I can see JA continuing with HRT now it is the Spanish national team.
If what they've done isnt enough, dont know what TR was expecting from them.

Now, good luck if the 2012 car needs evolution, with two rookies driving them.
I'd imagine TR is as good a team as any for two drivers that won't be much help developing the car, but I too am a bit surprised JA is getting the boot now.

I admit that initially I thought he was the classic rich, connected, daddy's protege, doesn't his dad run F Renault world series or something? This season he's been much better.
So many relatively good drivers on the market that could replace trulli...

As for algersuari and buemi. It is a brave move to kick them both out but imho they were so close that either both were excellent drivers or both were not. And it is very unlikely that both are vettels so maybe they weren't that good and promising. Neither has not really earned a better team and to put them into rbr for 2013 would not make much sense when looking at the 2011 results.

It is going to be hilarious if both maldonado and petrov sit in a williams next season though
Quote from BurnOut69 :If what they've done isnt enough, dont know what TR was expecting from them.

Now, good luck if the 2012 car needs evolution, with two rookies driving them.

in '08 they had two rookies drive for them and it was their best year.
Quote from BurnOut69 :If what they've done isnt enough, dont know what TR was expecting from them.

They were expecting a driver of Vettel or Webber's quality. It seems neither Alguersuari or Buemi satisfied that test.

It's harsh, especially for Alguersuari who has improved during the season. But that is the way of Red Bull's driver development program: be promoted or be sodded.
Red bull have Flopped before when it comes to the driver Programme though, Wickens comes to mind, they sacked him from their program in '08 and since then has basically been up top in every catagory since.

Even Beat Vergne in the same team in F3.5
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Ouch!

Ew yeah, ouch is the word

The 2012 grid will be so changed on 4 tops teams' back except -without anymore surprises change- Sauber and Caterham.

Some italians website talk about that Sauber will replace Koba' with Bianchi, but still that Peter Sauber have denied that, so...

Well now let's wait to watch what will be others decisions...
Being in Toro Rossi is a matter of good timing. RBR won't be dropping Vettel any time soon, and they are not going to replace Webber with anyone decent. The McLaren policy of two decent drivers in the same car is disastrous.

JA and Beumi's time had run out. I imagine Vergne and Ricciardo will suffer the same fate.
Quote from Mustafur :Even Beat Vergne in the same team in F3.5

Yea, Wickens took the championship and did a great job overall. But Vergne was probably the "moral champion" in the end.

First of all, Vergne had to sit out several practice sessions due to Red Bull simulator duties, which prevented him to prepare himself properly for those race meetings. A big disavantage in this kind of feeder series where you get very little track time.

Also, Wickens was a lot more experienced at the beginning of the season. He had 6 full single seaters seasons behind him - 7 if you count A1GP in 2007-2008. Vergne had only 4.
Quote from Mustafur :Red bull have Flopped before when it comes to the driver Programme though, Wickens comes to mind, they sacked him from their program in '08 and since then has basically been up top in every catagory since.

Even Beat Vergne in the same team in F3.5

He was terrible in 2008 and deserved to be dropped. After two full seasons racing in mid-tier and upper-tier formulae, and he fell flat on his face in 2008. 12th in WSBR is not impressive. 15th in Euroseries, even considering it was only a part-season campaign, was poor when you look at how inconsistent he was. Second in F2 and GP3 doesn't make him look too flash either - with his level of experience, he should have won at least one of them. As for his WSBR title this year, he barely managed to beat JEV, who had only fraction of Wickens' experience.

I think he's a solid driver, but never showed the kind of dominance that JEV (Brit F3: 13/30 wins), Ricciardo (Brit F3: 7/20 wins), or Vettel (FBMW Ger: 18/20 wins) has shown, despite his ample funds.

Quote from Intrepid :Being in Toro Rossi is a matter of good timing. RBR won't be dropping Vettel any time soon, and they are not going to replace Webber with anyone decent.

They won't be dropping Vettel for a good few years, but I reckon Webber will be gone at the end of next season if he continues to under-perform. Helmut Marko seems to be expecting one of the two new STR drivers to be able to step up and take Webber's place eventually. As much as I hate to lose faith in Webber (having been a mild fan since his Jaguar days), he blew his last chance at the title in 2010, and is probably in decline.

Vettel is Red Bull's golden boy right now, but I bet if any other young gun proves himself faster, Vettel will quickly find himself where Webber's sitting. Better be wary.
Quote from samjh :Vettel is Red Bull's golden boy right now, but I bet if any other young gun proves himself faster, Vettel will quickly find himself where Webber's sitting. Better be wary.

Putting a decent driver in with Vettel would be a complete disaster. Vettel had superb timing. DC was leaving and that left an open spot in the RBR. But Vettel has a good 5 years at least in RBR. Don't be surprised to see Webber sign for 2013-2014. It's much better to have a clear #2 driver if championships are what you want.
Outside of McLaren I think that is the best driver line-up on the grid
tend to agree there. Fair play to a team like Force India not putting in a 'pay driver'. They will reap the rewards next year.

F1 2012 Silly Season
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG