The online racing simulator
Quote from Seb66 :You'd be surprised how much of a difference a bit of tyre heat helps in those karts, after say 20+ laps you really start to get some good grip and stability. In this case though, it really depends how long the karts were sitting still before the next group jumped in, since they will wont hold any core temperature at all, since they are some shitty 'duro' make tyres.

Even I could tell that there was quite a difference in grip between my qualifying session (second session) and my race (eighth session). It didn't help that it was bloody freezing on track itself, so the track temperature can't have been very high at all. I was cold even in my race suit

For the race the top 6 were sat in their karts at the exit of the pit lane for the last 5 mins of the race, then positions 7-10 got karts fresh from the previous race. I'm good at these racing driver excuses

Quote from Seb66 :The main advantage is usually what chassis you are on, even though they're all technically the same.. in the fleet of 16ish karts at Cardiff (same karts as in that onboard vid) I can guarantee that all of them feel so different to each other. I can probably go about 1 second quicker in the best handling kart than the worse handling one. The power in each engine is pretty similar, depends on your weight mostly anyways.

Apparently the Bristol ones are pretty new (obvs don't know about the Cardiff ones, altho apparently we might be going there soon :tilt so there doesn't seem to have been to much difference in the ones I've driven certainly in terms of outright lap time, but there's definitely some with interesting characteristics - the one I drove in the Round 1 race just drifted everywhere
Okay the FIA Gala was yesterday, when will we get to see the F1 video?
Quote from Myffe :Okay the FIA Gala was yesterday, when will we get to see the F1 video?

Wondering the same.
Onboard VLN (multi-class) race ... around Nordschleife (HD)

At the beginning there's a close fight for position with 3-4 cars into "Tiergarten".
Later the car right in front has an accident during an overtaking attempt (5:15 min.).
Then a short but unexpexted slide in the very fast left turn "Mutkurve".
After the crash there's no direct fight for position anymore but many cars of lower classes to overtake.
What's he doing there? He out-qualified Sutil and quite a few others on Sunday. He deserved his place, and considering his condition he did a fantastic job.

Mind you, the racing was absolute carnage. If they are to do this next year they need to stop the rubbing and firing.
Yeah I've seen all races. Once he was in P5 and commentators went mad how good he is... Doesn't matter there was a nice crash in front of him that he managed to avoid.

E: just to be ontopic: Walter Röhrl-Audi S1 Rallye Monté-carlo 1986
-
(BlueFlame) DELETED by Flame CZE : redundant post
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN) : rather not...
Sorry to pick but I noticed something in your description. Rotax doesn't have a rev limiter strictly speaking
What gearing were you using there Seb?

Plus, OTK = brake failure.
Quote from Intrepid :Sorry to pick but I noticed something in your description. Rotax doesn't have a rev limiter strictly speaking

Yeaa, I don't really understand how it works exactly, but I know my revs can't get over 14.11k :P

Quote from aoun :What gearing were you using there Seb?

Plus, OTK = brake failure.

I'll find out for sure later, the rear was 82.. I know that for sure :').
Was my dads fault really (as always) He tightened up the pin to hold the brake pads in, in like 7 Celsius temperatures.. I presumed the calipers expanded when they got hot and snapped the pin
Quote from Seb66 :Yeaa, I don't really understand how it works exactly, but I know my revs can't get over 14.11k :P

I'll find out for sure later, the rear was 82.. I know that for sure :').
Was my dads fault really (as always) He tightened up the pin to hold the brake pads in, in like 7 Celsius temperatures.. I presumed the calipers expanded when they got hot and snapped the pin

14,1k is a fair bit, and IMO too much needed for the straight. HP starts to drop after 12,5 anyway. Do you run rotax light or heavy? Your engine sounds well tuned.
Quote from aoun :14,1k is a fair bit, and IMO too much needed for the straight. HP starts to drop after 12,5 anyway. Do you run rotax light or heavy? Your engine sounds well tuned.

Normally aim for like 14.0k, I just got a mega run out of that final corner haha There's two classes, one just named senior rotax which runs a minimum weight of 162KG and the heavyweight class which runs 177KG... Since I weight about the same as a bag of sugar, I'm in the 162KG class
Yeahhh, It's not bad.. It's pretty much in its prime now with only 4/5 hours of running since a full rebuild. It's my first season in rotax so me and my dad are still trying to figure out wtf is going on
Planning on doing super 1 or anything seb?
Been a while since I've driven a rotax now closest I've been too a good kart was dmax at start of this year :|
Quote from kart-36 :Planning on doing super 1 or anything seb?
Been a while since I've driven a rotax now closest I've been too a good kart was dmax at start of this year :|

Gimmeh some money and I would luv too
Start racing again
First 8 onboard laps in a BMW Z4 V8 Coupe around the Nordschleife during a VLN multi class race.
The 3rd lap was released as a single (awesome) video some time ago, now you see full 8 race laps.

Lap 1-3 shows nice fighting. The driver of the Z4 doesn't manage to overtake the car infront but he sticks at the rear bumper all the time. From lap 6 on it gets a bit emotional because he could be faster but the car in front just blocks too good.
Lap 8 got a little surprise.

If you got >1 hour time, I recommend watching the whole 8 laps.
http://www.motorsportvideo.tv/ ... auf-der-Nordschleife.html

As I wrote already the 3rd lap was released some time ago:
http://www.motorsportvideo.tv/ ... ber-die-Nordschleife.html
Sportsmanship at its finest!
why didn't the guy getting attacked just floor it ? idiot

Racing videos
(4785 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG