The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from The Very End :Lol!

9: I never get laid driving around with it

Yes you will. I'd take anyone driving such a nice little car.

About that safety/stability stuff - my toyota has totally dead front shock absorbers, one person can easily bounce the car up and down a couple of times and lift front wheels off the ground. Taking corners a bit faster feels like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Ch397Ipps lol. I just need to drive like a granny in town, in order not to kill anyone. Throwing passengers out of the seats makes them remember to always wear seatbelts. Disadvantages makes crappy cars at least a bit more interesting and challenging to drive.

My dad used to drive rusty 1981 passat 1.6D . It had no brakes, no shocks, tyres were the cheapest ones you could get back then - regrooved old Belorussian tyres, traction was probably the same as driving with bare rims, the shutdown mechanism was broken, engine was turned off by quickly releasing clutch while standing in gear. It created more black smoke than a ship, body was so rotten, that rear window fell inside the car, front passenger doors lock wasn't working properly, so the door sometimes opened when doing a left turn and the exhaust pipe eventually broke off while driving at unpaved roads. It was such a lovely car. Seemed like it was thinking by itself, had a soul and mind. It was the first car i ever drove by myself, and not sitting on dads laps. Then he scrapped it.

Memories....
That sounds like where my car is heading. Here is a list of fun facts:

Truly only 80,000 miles on the clock
Automatic seat-belts for driver and passenger
Power to weight ratio is probably around .03 hp/lb right now.
Exhaust has rusted apart so it's loud enough that you can't carry a conversation in the car while idling.
Mudguards have fallen off after the metal they were attached to rusted away.
Both rear lights out.
Throttle sometimes sticks open and idles at 3,000 revs.
Can pull away from a stop light without using the gas even when idling at ~700 rpm (is this the case with all cars?)
Power steering comes and goes.
Fifth gear itself works, but it can not be selected. The gear level must be held in fifth to stay in fifth.

All said and done, it's an absolute blast to drive. Besides not having to give one shit about what happens to it, it's a challenge every time I step in the car.
Quote from Rappa Z :Can pull away from a stop light without using the gas even when idling at ~700 rpm (is this the case with all cars?)

Yes, manuals anyway.

Swaaaag
Quote from Scrabby :You now will hear every little stone hitting the underside of the car/wheelarches.

No he won't because he left the sound deadening in.
Hes a poser, all there is too it, he doesn't care about weight savings.
Quote from The Very End :And the laid part, you gotta teach me master!

Well, they say...
Big/flash car: you're trying to compensate something.
Medium-sized car: nothing to compensate here.
Small/old car: WELL YOU MUST BE LIKE A HORSE!

So, for example:
Atos, Matiz: yes.
Hummer, ANY Ferrari, Cadillac Escalade: no.
Quote from freddyalek90 :So, for example:
Atos, Matiz: yes.
Hummer, ANY Ferrari, Cadillac Escalade: no.

I drive a VW Lupo, so that does mean ...

Quote from tristancliffe :Personally I think every human being inside the track (i.e. within the grounds) loses all rights to accident cover, insurance etc. If you die or are injured in ANY way in the grounds then it's your fault. No ifs. No buts.

The ticket does say "motorsport is dangerous".

#

To be honest this should be stressed more in Rallying, idiot's sit on outside of corners or the inside of hairpins and then wonder why they get taken out...
Quote from ACCAkut :I drive a VW Lupo, so that does mean ...

I started driving a 0.8 (51bhp) Daewoo Matiz, then a 1.2 (75bhp) Opel Astra 5dr, than a 1.2 (82bhp) Ford Fiesta. Mine's slowly shrinking, but not that much?
Quote from Klutch :No he won't because he left the sound deadening in.
Hes a poser, all there is too it, he doesn't care about weight savings.

Even with that in you'll still hear it. I'm to lazy to remove it from the drift M3 and i hear it all...
even if u just remove rear seat ull hear everything
Yup
I got my beemer back today! So happy

I have to get it out in the sun (when it gets here,,) and take some pics soon. I got new headlights and stuff a while ago.
Quote from Rappa Z :That sounds like where my car is heading. Here is a list of fun facts:

I reckon I did pretty well to get a 2002 Fiat Punto 1.2, done 38,000 miles for £650

At 60bhp it is somewhat down on power in comparison to the Renault Modus. I was recently going flat out up a hill with 4 people on board in 3rd gear at 40mph and I was actually slowing down. It's just that powerful.
Quote from JO53PHS :I reckon I did pretty well to get a 2002 Fiat Punto 1.2, done 38,000 miles for £650

At 60bhp it is somewhat down on power in comparison to the Renault Modus. I was recently going flat out up a hill with 4 people on board in 3rd gear at 40mph and I was actually slowing down. It's just that powerful.

Totally safe.
SMD LED sidelight bulbs fitted, SMD bulbs for number plate lights and interior lights on order, HID style plasma white headlight bulbs ready to go in, 'jewel' style number plate lights ready to fit (had the usual rippled small plastic covers on them before which had whitened and gone brittle) so i hand made new perfectly clear perspex covers for them.

So the weekend will consist of fitting what has arrived and vigorous cleaning and polishing of the entire car, plus respraying the green and black (that was a stupid colour scheme) wheels so i have all silver rims, then it'll be ready for next weekend at the ace cafe london, where it will be on a show stand for the day.
Ewwww... "HID" halogen-style bulbs ftl.
Quote from Jakg :Ewwww... "HID" halogen-style bulbs ftl.

Depends on the type. Some are OK. Before I went Xenons I used Phillips halogen bulbs which were 4k and looked pretty much like a set of Xenons/HIDs.
They had a light blue coating on the glass though, not a full blue one like that.
Good Halogen bulbs = Good.

Cheap Xenon bulbs (filament ones, not HID's) = terrible.

Xenon gas makes them burn brighter (by a bit), but means they burn out a lot lot quicker - I had a set go in less than 6 months
those bulbs wont last long,lol
Welp, changed jobs and earning a bit more now, start in 2 weeks
time to save up and get myself another rotary.

Brapbrapbrap!
My coolant fluid warning light was on, so i filled it up a bit.

Should we post every damn thing about our cars here, like changing light bulbs..... Well you should post if you put in fake HID's so we all can laugh. Thanks.
Quote from G!NhO :My coolant fluid warning light was on, so i filled it up a bit.

Pics or it didn't happen
Dude i swear! It happend for real, i almost have to refill my washer fluid again!
Quote from Klutch :Welp, changed jobs and earning a bit more now, start in 2 weeks
time to save up and get myself another rotary.

Brapbrapbrap!

whadayamean another? when did u ever have a car?
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG