The online racing simulator
Great! Thanks. Also please make sure server is pwd protected
2 more issues.

Issue 1. I qualified 30th. Gerrit qualified 31. Start of lag lap I was correctly positioned at 30th. But I Shift+P'ed to make some fuel adjustments. When I rejoined, I am having pole. I was baffled as to what to do. So I try to let others pass but that ends up in catastrophe. Luckily it was lag lap. But generally if you Shift+P after gridding then rejoin, you should be placed in same position

Issue 2. Now gridding for real race, all of a sudden I am last and Gerrit is in front of me. LOL.

Hope all will be solved for Race 2, good luck!
Hi Ragesh

We have seen these issues even with the OLFSL league. Strict rules apply here with regards to before and during gridding to prevent problems - everybody be on track before the lag lap (via join), no shift-s or shift-p after joining (in other words do not leave the track even if you crash during the lag lap). The hosts always emphasise these points before and during gridding.

KInd of shocking to find yourself suddenly on pole, eh?

I knew I should've been behind you on race start, but was so glad we finally got something organised that I didn't want to cause issues. All I wanted to tell you at start was - 'stay behind, wait for the crash/mess on turn one and then start to race'

Thank you Corny for the good hosting during the race, I do not think you could have done better with what you had available to work with. Also J. Provost, was great of you to donate your server...

Somehow, even after the initial mess and some bad driving, I feel very positive towards this championship, so teppo.jr, great idea - you just have too little race and hosting experience to have attempted an event with so many drivers alone... Ask for assistance in the future, all of us are looking for nice events and are willing to help, just communicate! Lack of communication, also in the real world, just causes frustration - people want to know what is going on, and most are even sympathetic if problems (even a little one like lack of a server :nod develops...

A hint: go and spectate (even take part when you fulfil the requirements) on the (FM) Fox Junkies Event server on Friday evenings, and also the (MRc) Oval Star Championship currently running to see how clean, in a simple way, events can be organised. And take advantage of Corny's invitation to join the admins in his events...

Furthermore, if you are really interested in organising events, join OLFSL next season, to see how a major league (8 years running now), with between 50 and 200 drivers are organised - an exemplary example of event organisation. And wow, this is the best school to learn about LFS racing, rules, cars and tracks! I am only racing in LFS for 10 months, and still very inexperienced, but this league taught me heaps (not only about driving, but also about racing). It forced me to do more than 1000 laps (except the UF1 on KY3 which is an insane combo) on each of 12 combo's to be slightly competitive!! Oval racing I love, but it took me 5000 laps to drive the perfect line, and now I am still a drafting beginner with 10 000 LFSW laps and +20 000 off line laps...

Talking too much...

Regards
Hi Jetta,

Thanks for the info. Sorry, I won't shift+p after gridding hence. Ya I too didn't mind you being in front. Last but one to last did not make much difference and I could easily avoid the first lap carnage, so I accelerated very slowly till T1.

Thanks to everyone! Teppo for initiation and everyone else who helped him! Considering Teppi being a beginner, you did well mate, don't get dishartened, you are starting out, learn from your mistakes. We will make this event great!
tbh you should just restart the whole season (so I can have a chance of winning it and making all races :|)
I'm sorry but it's impossible, because it's near christmas holiday...

But season 2 possibly start at summer.
Quote from Speed Senna :I'm sorry but it's impossible, because it's near christmas holiday...

But season 2 possibly start at summer.

can you invite people for tomorrow for practise evening otherwise i need to cancel it
-
(Speed Senna) DELETED by Speed Senna
-
(EzA) DELETED by Flame CZE : on request
-
(EzA) DELETED by Flame CZE : on request
#209 - EzA
Quote from teppo.jr :MTDZX:s Antti Terho takes control of this league

Oval Racing Trophy 2011 is here by Rockstar Racing Team Finland!!!!

RRTF creates new oval racing series called ORT (Oval Racing Trophy). First annual ORT is held as four races long series.

Cars/classes witch are used: FOX,FO8,XRR/FZR and XRT/FXO. NO RESTRICIONS

Race dates are:
2.12.2011 FO8 KY1 75laps
9.12.2011 XRR/FZR KY1R 75laps
10.12.2011 FOX KY1 60laps
16.12.2011 XRT/FXO KY1R 50laps

Race time schedule:
Server opens at: 21:00
Qualifying starts: 21:30
Grid staking: 21:55-22:00
Lag lap: 22:00
Race starts: ~22:05
Race ends: 22:40-23:00

ALL TIMES GMT+2

Rules:
NO BUMB DRAFTING (except at TBO class)
NO CRASHING OR DANGEROUS DRIVING
CLEAN RACING AND OVERTAKES
AND RACING ETIQUETTE
NO CUTTING AT ALL
standing start
NO pit needed
QUALIFYING IS NON-HARDCORE
rest you must know

Point system:
1. 20
2. 15

3. 12

4. 10
5. 8
6. 7
7. 6
8. 5
9. 4
10. 3
11. 2
12. 1
FL:1
Pole:1

Bonus points:
Finish in every race: 3points

Registration
Username:
Team:

WERE GOING TO EVENT DATABASE!!!

Registerred Drivers:
1.(Speed Senna) Antti Terho FIN MTDZX
2.(Cornys) Cameron Corns USA [RN]
3.(Emyn) Valtteri Pitkänen FIN N/A
4.(Eclipsed) Ronalds Kronpušs LAT TheReality Racing Team
5.(rageshgr) Ragesh Radhakrishnan IND Pilotes from Hell
6.(-Beelzebub) Joni Säynätmäki FIN マForce™
7.(Cyclo) Robin Lowik NED N/A
8.(Nicce) Niclas Malmgren SWE SAVAGE
9.(markwebber) Marek Kangur EST Scuderia GP
10.(R1hard) Rihard Suur EST Last lap motorsports
11.(Sasha-55) Sasha Aleksic CAN Legit Racing Team
12.(minimaxracer) Shayne Sheppard CAN Legit Racing Team
13.(zippytheone) Tom Parker UK Tiger Express Motorsports
14.(Jettascuba) Gerrit Conradie SOU SCCC
15.(Ken Johansen) Ken Johanse NOR SRT
16.(CodeLyoko1) Remco Majoor NED Scuderia GP
17.(steven_martin) Steven Martin UK Team Laptop Shop
18.(Nielsenracer) Mathias Nielsen DAN Team Danish Phoenix
19.(Narkoman14) Kapser Korsbaek DAN Team Danish Phoenix
20.(Ori) Ori Atana GER Carbon GP
21.(moffer) Priit Tammepuu EST Edgar Racing
22.(rik97) Rik Kardol NED MTDZX
23.(s3anpukekoh3) Sean Hurley NZ N/A
24.(pakch0013) William Tringas AUS N/A
25.(Simon-007) Simon V. BEL Scuderia GP
26.(yanki) Y.Lemmens BEL Scuderia GP
27.(Pietter) Piotr Krzyżanowski POL Team Vires
28.(AsnL) Miłosz Garbolewski POL Conquest Racing
29.(przemek21061995) Przemek Wdowiarz POL Team Vires
30.(prOmo_LTU) Laurynas Matonis LIT Wicked Racing Team
31.(deking235) Damian Eikelkamp NED Scuderia GP
32.(jonathon.provost) jonathon provost UK Scuderia GP
33.(Poldy1603) Lewis Polden SCO Scuderia GP
34.(Iginla) Jesse Telkkälä FIN SAVAGE
35.(jason_lfs) Jason Molina COL Full Benzina Racers
36.(CHTI) Cordier Jean-Claude FRA Pilotes From Hell
37.(Dukuu) Grigoriy Dikiy UKR WM
38.(Toxic92) Erik Lindqvist SWE Driftbeasts
39.(DarknessPainF1) Joonas Koskinen FIN N/A
40.(Efexas16) Mindaugas Bartusevicius LIT Last Lap Motorsport
41.(Daf27) Jean-Yves Braun FRA Pilotes From Hell

42(eza) Pertti Nappi FIN N/A
i think i have to cancel tonight practise evening
Cyclo, completely understandable... lack of interest
yeah but tonight the winner could get more points :P
Server Info for next friday will be sent next Wednesday.

PS. Does anybody has qualifying replay for event database? i dont have it coz i wasnt a director yet at the while,
I will attempt to help this Friday with Administration. Not going to promice that I will be in attendance, and I doubt I'll make it Saturday if that race happens, but I'll do my best.

Alot of people showed up to the last race, and as much as I hate to run an event that has proven in the past to have little success (both in my own oval races and in the previous round), I will do my best to help out. Once again, I'm not going to promice organization, or even any massive improvements, but you can expect this round to run a little bit smoother. I'll promice just a little bit better, but I won't promice anything big.

I know alot of people are interested, and I figured I should step in (after being asked to by Speed Senna) in hopes of making this thing run in a way that promotes fairness.

I don't know why I signed-up to try and fix this, but I did . Don't expect a lot of change. Just a little
Quote from Cornys :I will attempt to help this Friday with Administration. Not going to promice that I will be in attendance, and I doubt I'll make it Saturday if that race happens, but I'll do my best.

Alot of people showed up to the last race, and as much as I hate to run an event that has proven in the past to have little success (both in my own oval races and in the previous round), I will do my best to help out. Once again, I'm not going to promice organization, or even any massive improvements, but you can expect this round to run a little bit smoother. I'll promice just a little bit better, but I won't promice anything big.

I know alot of people are interested, and I figured I should step in (after being asked to by Speed Senna) in hopes of making this thing run in a way that promotes fairness.

I don't know why I signed-up to try and fix this, but I did . Don't expect a lot of change. Just a little

otherwise i will help
It is meant to be Cameroon, it was inevitable that you will have something to do with series, given that you are a US based Nascar fan, and also a good organiser Thanks cyclo, jonathan and speed senna for stepping up too
put me in too...

(Jati) sami huovinen FIN
thanks
hey I saw you last race too. Oh official sign up? anyways welcome!, OMG! Jati has joined! watch out!!!
Points added! Server Infos PM'ed tomorrow!

DOES ANYBODY HAS REPLAYS OF LAST QUALIFYING AND RACE?
NEEDING THEM FOR EVENT DATABASE!

(i wasn't in charge yet in last race, so i didn't saved replays :shrug
Eclipse posted the race replay in here somewhere
Oh... that's 50% done Thx

Now finding for qualiying replays
Official Points Standings
4.Jonathon Provost (Jonathon.provost) 10
5.Jason Molina (jason_lfs) 8
6.Jean-Yves Braun (daf27) 7
7.Piotr Krzyżanowski (Pietter) 6
8. (snakeplissken22) 5
9.Gerrit Conradie (Jettascuba) 4
10.Ragesh Radhakrishnan (rageshgr) 3
11.Antti Terho (Speed Senna) 2
12.Ronalds Kronpušs (Eclipsed) 1
13.Joonas Koskinen (DarknessPainF1) 1

Quote from Cornys :
POINTS STANDINGS:
1.Sami Huovinen (Jatimc) 20
2.Rihard Suur (r1hard) 15
3.Przemek Wdowiarz (przemek21061995) 13
4.Jonathon Provost (Jonathon.provost) 10
5.Jason Molina (jason_lfs) 8
6.Jean-Yves Braun (daf27) 7
7.Piotr Krzyżanowski (Pietter) 6
8. (snakeplissken22) 5
9.Gerrit Conradie (Jettascuba) 4
10.Ragesh Radhakrishnan (rageshgr) 3
11.Antti Terho (Speed Senna) 2
12.Ronalds Kronpušs (Eclipsed) 1
13.Joonas Koskinen (DarknessPainF1) 1

snakeplissken22 hasn't signed up, so he/she is unknown.
Cool! Can you furnish team standings also?

Oval Racing Trophy 2011
(386 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG